It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Suburban Voters, Joe Biden's Housing Policies Will Ruin Your Communities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Democrats still trying to legislate people out of poverty....

Good luck with that.

According to Ammon Bundy, that's both parties.

What's wrong, don't like your Bundy buds no more?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It is no exaggeration to say that progressive urbanists have long dreamed of abolishing the suburbs. (In fact, I’ve explained it all in a book.)

Ah! Okay...
You're siting an errant opinion piece from 2012.
www.nationalreview.com...
edit on 3-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

Democrats still trying to legislate people out of poverty....

Good luck with that.

According to Ammon Bundy, that's both parties.

What's wrong, don't like your Bundy buds no more?

Hey, it's a straw man! Where's your brain, Straw Man? Run see the Wizard and maybe he can get you one, just don't step on Toto.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3sixand9

I know how dare Trump create and release covid.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I don't like anyone that thinks you can lift people out of poverty by letting them suck the government teet.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04I know how dare Trump create and release covid.

The market was tanking before COVID, Einstein

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Leave it to the Trumps to figure out a way to leverage public health, hold American's hostage and benefit financially and politically from a health pandemic!

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I don't like anyone that thinks you can lift people out of poverty by letting them suck the government teet.

Right! Those teets are only for corporate elites!

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ok boomer

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

America's going through the worst contraction in US History, retailers are cutting manager positions and closing down stores. Millions on unemployment with benefits set to expire during the worst pandemic in modern history and no end in sight.

And you blame Trump for the actions of a governor of the opposing party.

I bet Trump is to blame for hurricane Isaias, too? How about the Challenger disaster? Maybe we can figure out how to blame Donald Trump for the assassination of JFK? The Fukushima meltdown? Chernobyl? The sinking of the Titanic?

The governors closed the economy. They made employment illegal. What did you think was going to happen to unemplyment when they did that?

TheRedneck

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes, yes it was. The years from 2008 through 2012 were before "COVID."

it just wasn't tanking immediately before "COVID." It was booming from 2017 on, Isaac Newton.

TheRedneck

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It is no exaggeration to say that progressive urbanists have long dreamed of abolishing the suburbs. (In fact, I’ve explained it all in a book.)

Ah! Okay...
You're siting an errant opinion piece from 2012.
www.nationalreview.com...

An Obama-voter defending failed Obama era policies... color me shocked.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

LOL Yeah, Obama almost totally abolished the burbs, and now Biden's going finish the job!

/sarc

THE SKY IS FALLING!

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3sixand9

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04I know how dare Trump create and release covid.

The market set an all time record high weeks after COVID knocked China into the dirt... did you just post something that popped into your head without bothering to actually check to see if it was accurate?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
When people try to improve ghettos from being the utter decrepit #holes ghetto residents, themselves, have degraded them down to, you all bitch and moan about "gentrification." You need to make up your goddamn mind at some point here, either ghettos need to remain #holes where nobody that can afford it would consider visiting, living in, or conducting business in... or those living in ghettos need to wake TF up and realize a healthy community requires effort and cost on their part.

Why in the hell should ANYONE living in a pleasant, nice looking, middle class, clean, relatively crime free neighborhood welcome filth, decay, crime, and sloth into their neighborhood? An exercise in virtue signalling? Liberal piousness? Self loathing? Stockholm Syndrome? What is it? Why in the blue hell would you be opposed to keeping the nice suburban neighborhoods nice?

I'm still waiting on a response to this, because let's be honest here, no one wants to live in a ghetto. So it seems that the plan is instead of trying to improve the people and the locations that are considered ghetto, you remove the nicer areas so everywhere is a ghetto. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding things here, but at the same time I don't believe that I am. So rather than forcing people back into areas that will most likely lead toward gentrification of those areas, why not find a plan to actually uplift the people living in those areas and improve those areas for the communities that currently exist there? Of course the answer is going to be "redirect tax money from rich suburbs to poor areas"...

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Some people believe that the building a and roads are why some areas suck rocks.

The people living in those areas are the reason the areas are so nasty.
No business wants to be there.
You can make improvements but they end up destroyed or stolen.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I think all of this dies at the Supreme Court if it even needs to go that far.

That's what we thought would happen to Obama care, the John Roberts rewrote it to make it a tax. The supream court is not our friend any more, they see law were there is no law.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The people living in those areas are the reason the areas are so nasty.

They're not even people! They're animals!

No people would want to live in these filthy rat and rodent infested places! Jared Kushner is their landlord!

/hyperbole

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
America has a National Debt of $26.5 Trillion with a Federal Debt to GDP ratio of 136% , what exactly do you think that means?

We just had the biggest GDP collapse in US history with record unemployment in our sights.

Before COVID got here, Trump already had the US on a fiscal slide headed towards default and ruin. In fact that was Trump's whole understanding when he took office, that if he overspent he could just default (like he does in his personal life) and renegotiate... that is not how that works. Trump failed to acknowledge that someone else was always left paying for his failure and in this case it was going to be the American people.

I know you mouth-breathing fanboys won't ever acknowledge that our economy is anything but great until a Democrat takes office but know that Trump was handed a booming economy that he drove into the ground before this virus ever got here
edit on 3-8-2020 by 3sixand9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Become a landlord for a few years and get back to me.

In some cases calling them animals is insulting animals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join