It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Suburban Voters, Joe Biden's Housing Policies Will Ruin Your Communities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Fair warning!
Fair Housing is a good thing.
But what Obama envisioned, and Biden want to further and make worse could end local government rule.
You many remember that Trump put an end to the Obama plan.

If you like your community, you can keep your community.....well, not under Democratic rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing regulation, AFFH for short, is like Affirmative Action for community planning. According to Kurtz, there are three elements to the strategy that effectively integrate the suburbs with their urban neighbors:

1. Use a kind of quota system to force “economic integration” on the suburbs, pushing urban residents outside of the city
2. Close down suburban growth by regulating development, restricting automobile use, and limiting highway growth and repair, thus forcing would-be suburbanites back to the city
3. Use state and federal laws to force suburbs to redistribute tax revenue to poorer cities in their greater metropolitan region

pjmedia.com...

This is literally highway robbery!!!!

Initially, the AFFH used HUD grants to bring suburban communities into compliance. Local communities could make a decision not to pursue these grants and retain local control of zoning. However, Biden has signed on to a plan that goes even further to enforce this vision. Senator Cory Booker (D-N.J.) has proposed withholding federal transportation grants communities use to repair highways. This funding would be nearly impossible for communities to forego.

FWIW, I looked up the book mentioned in the article yesterday....today the hardcover copy is not available. Hopefully only sold out as the kindle version is still there.
edit on Mon Aug 3 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Aug 3 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Forgot the link....

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I think all of this dies at the Supreme Court if it even needs to go that far.

Oh, and for what it's worth, New Jersey already does #3 on the list. Part of the monstrous property tax bill I have goes out of town to pay for broke ass Newark, Irvington, East Orange and Orange. That however was mandated by our Supreme Court to show you how it may look for others.

edit on 3-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

and limiting highway growth and repair,

Don't worry, as president, i'll do my best to keep my promises and ensure, no highways are repaired, no roads are fixed. This is my promise to you.

- said by no successful government leader ever

I swear it's like America wants to be a third world country. Hey let's burn # down until we get rid of police, hey vote for me and i'll get rid of roads. Like what the actual #?

edit on 3/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey Trumpster, America's going through the worst contraction in US History, retailers are cutting manager positions and closing down stores. Millions on unemployment with benefits set to expire during the worst pandemic in modern history and no end in sight. And then we have the trade war that has stretched our FED to its limits and left American farmers underwater

Your community doesn't have four more years with Trump as President

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So, you're pro-ghetto? You're pro-segregating poor people from normal people, and keeping it that way by depriving certain neighborhoods of equal standard in public schools, housing, public transportation and civic perks like parks and community centers?

edit on 3-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, you're pro-ghetto? You're pro-segregating poor people from normal people, and keeping it that way by depriving certain neighborhoods of equal standard in public schools, housing, public transportation and civic perks like parks and community centers?

How does stopping travel between poor and affluent neighbourhoods by removing roads between them help ghettos? All that's going to do is create new neighbourhoods in the suburbs with all the amenities there, business will pull out of cities and those ghettos will become even worse ghettos. That's literally segregating people by restricting movement. It's those ghetto people that'll be trapped.

I live in a place with literally one highway to access it. If suddenly the government decided that highway was unneccessary and it shouldn't be maintained a whole lot of people in this place would be #ed.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So you admit and agree there's a difference between "poor people from normal people" 🤣

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

When people try to improve ghettos from being the utter decrepit #holes ghetto residents, themselves, have degraded them down to, you all bitch and moan about "gentrification." You need to make up your goddamn mind at some point here, either ghettos need to remain #holes where nobody that can afford it would consider visiting, living in, or conducting business in... or those living in ghettos need to wake TF up and realize a healthy community requires effort and cost on their part.

Why in the hell should ANYONE living in a pleasant, nice looking, middle class, clean, relatively crime free neighborhood welcome filth, decay, crime, and sloth into their neighborhood? An exercise in virtue signalling? Liberal piousness? Self loathing? Stockholm Syndrome? What is it? Why in the blue hell would you be opposed to keeping the nice suburban neighborhoods nice?

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

All American cities should be walled up, to keep the unwanted in, then those who have met certain 'Suburb' level of living requirements may travel in and out of the central ghetto for work, along privately funded walk ways and motorways to the massive TRUMP Approved towers, where of course private police keep the untouchables away. Ahh the future burbs where everyone drinks champagne and dusts their Domino's pizza with black truffles.

link   
a reply to: dug88

How does stopping travel between poor and affluent neighbourhoods by removing roads between them help ghettos?

Nobody said anything about removing roads.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Democrat run cities do all that without walls 🤣

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: dug88

How does stopping travel between poor and affluent neighbourhoods by removing roads between them help ghettos?

Nobody said anything about removing roads.

2. Close down suburban growth by regulating development, restricting automobile use, and limiting highway growth and repair, thus forcing would-be suburbanites back to the city

Now, for someone who has drunk the "any reduction in funding growth for PP reflects an attempt to restrict abortion rights" Kool Aid, I'd have expected you to see the above quote as absolutely having the effect of "removing roads." Consistency... just because the morons in the party you lay in bed with lack it, doesn't mean you should also reject it.
edit on 3-8-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Okay Boomer...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Okay Boomer...

I'm younger than you are... by a long margin.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Close down suburban growth by regulating development, restricting automobile use, and limiting highway growth and repair, thus forcing would-be suburbanites back to the city

I'm guessing you didn't read the op. It literally says, restrict development and road repairs to force people to stay in the city. Can you not maybe stop to think of the implications of these statements? Not all suburbs are rich, not all cities are poor. I left the city so I could stop spending stupid amounts of money on rent and other things. By this, I should have stayed in the city, kept living pay cheque to pay cheque, not saved the money i've been saving since leaving.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6a reply to: dug88

According to Kurtz

Link?

edit on 3-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Okay Boomer...

Is that you bragging?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6a reply to: dug88

According to Kurtz

Link?

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Democrats still trying to legislate people out of poverty....

Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Okay Boomer...

Is that you bragging?

No, it was me correcting someone who was errant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join