It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

126 days later, how do you think the pandemic will end?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The Weak, as in Elderly with Pre Existing conditions, a known fact.
but the User is essentially correct, why the overblown reaction?

only negatively affects the weak

No the member was incorrect, it can negatively affect anybody, it's not about only the weak. It was such a sweeping incorrect statement, showing their misunderstanding of this virus and I don't think my reaction was overblown.

BBC:What it does to the body

If the disease progresses it will be due to the immune system overreacting to the virus.

Those chemical signals to the rest of the body cause inflammation, but this needs to be delicately balanced. Too much inflammation can cause collateral damage throughout the body.

"The virus is triggering an imbalance in the immune response, there's too much inflammation, how it is doing this we don't know," said Dr Nathalie MacDermott, from King's College London.

edit on 3-8-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Science says otherwise.

Our chief scientist advised against the public wearing masks in the middle of an outbreak, then he changed his 'science'.
Science say what?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: butcherguy
Is influenza as dangerous as covid, if so what are the numbers each year compared to covid?

Or are you just making things up?

If one life can be saved by wearing masks.....

I didn't say influenza was as dangerous as COVID, but if you feel that you need to make stuff up, have fun with that.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Our understanding of the virus gets updated all the time and so then should our reaction to it and best practice.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Also folks, science says the pathogen passes through those 5% effective homemade masks.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Our understanding of the virus gets updated all the time and so then should our reaction to it and best practice.

Ah, so the virus grew larger and a bandana tied around your face will filter it out now.
That tricky virus.
Good thing it didn't mutate to be smaller in size, eh?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Is influenza as dangerous as covid, if so what are the numbers each year compared to covid?

I didn't say influenza was as dangerous as COVID, but if you feel that you need to make stuff up, have fun with that.

Well if covid is more dangerous then shouldn't we make an effort to do something? It seems masks aren't ending the virus so maybe we have to let the virus run course and isolate the vulnerable.

Pay those who feel vulnerable to stay at home and isolate.

What's your idea? To just let the virus kill the weak? You must have no family...

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

bandana tied around your face will filter it out now.

Were did i state that?????
How about a link to your data.
Also home-made mask can be made from a multitude of things, which isn't best really.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If it's airborne then masks should help right?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Well if covid is more dangerous then shouldn't we make an effort to do something? It seems masks aren't ending the virus so maybe we have to let the virus run course and isolate the vulnerable.

Pay those who feel vulnerable to stay at home and isolate.

What's your idea? To just let the virus kill the weak? You must have no family...

Paying the most vulnerable would have been cheaper than paying EVERYONE to stay home and killing the economy.

I have teenage children. I have children in their 20's. I have an 88 y/o mother.
Yes, I have family.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

126 days later, how do you think the pandemic will end?

If TPTB continue to be so arrogant with their "responsebillity" to do what is best for the world popullation they will end walking on thin ice. People will wake up now they have to think a little deeper about their lives and the lives and future of their children. And as history will repeat itself this can end in chaos for those who have it all....and are they not responsible for what is happening in the world?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If it's airborne then masks should help right?

Not when there are NO specifications for a mask.
In Pennsylvania, where I live, the governor specifies masks of a woven material that are not medical masks.
That means a FISHNET stocking wrapped around your head is GOOD ENOUGH, and some people take advantage of that.
What does a mask that doesn't filter out the virus do to stop you from inhaling it?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I really think Covid is being used to purposefully isolate people, force people to live a smaller environmental footprint, stop personal interaction that cannot be spied upon, and force people into an online existence that can be monitored and cataloged. With shaming people that don’t ware masks and don’t social distance as a prep for implementing a social credit / scoring system like China.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If you are looking for a forecast of how this plays out, The following looks like a good heads up.

Jonathan Cahn 8 2 2020

The Harbinger

The author says that The Harbinger is a fictional story which is nevertheless concerned with a real-life connection: a prophecy about ancient Israel that was eventually fulfilled in the eighth century BC when Israel was destroyed, and certain events and facts related to the 9/11 terror attacks against the U.S. in 2001. Cahn calls these events and facts "harbingers," and argues that they show a connection between ancient Israel's destruction and a possible coming destruction of the present-day United States. He also says that ancient Israel received a warning before being destroyed, and that the 9/11 harbingers form a similar warning from God to America.[4]

The author argues that America was founded similar to ancient Israel and the Founding Fathers envisioned a country based on the rules of God and a Light Unto the Nations. The author lists a series of warnings or harbingers that were given to ancient Israel before its final destruction by the Assyrians and makes a parallel between each and the events of 9/11.

Wikipedia

The Harbinger II is about to be released. A lot of people are looking for a resolution to 9/11. This story does make a good rally call and heads up for how a resolution may play out. With a lot of historical records and esoteric themes it does help in considering some of the spiritual aspects to it.

As for Covid, the therapeutics are available. Treatment options are much better than when it first came out. The public ignornace is still pretty high with all the fake news creating mass delusion and paranoia. November 3 is going to be a big day in how it all plays out, creation v destruction.

Since we are exploring with forecasting here, here is a response from QRNG on the question of Covid in 128 days from now.

Still waiting on detecting fractions of a particle here. But of course you cannot because you accept a premise that you cannot, a premise which cannot be validated. Since your premise is not known to be true your argument is unsound. How is it any "more logical" when you cannot validate the premises? You rely on assumption of things that can't be known nor whose signs can be observed by experiment.

WTF?! quarks. And please be more precise... what premise am I holding that cannot be validated? More importantly, what is the premise that you hold which is apparently valid and not based on assumptions? BTW, beware of argumentum ad ignorantiam...

Sounds like QRNG thinks people will still be arguing about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Then let's do that. We can't wear masks forever. If may have worked but too many people didn't abide by the rules. So i think we need a plan B to isolate the vulnerable and pay them.

It's clear that not everyone will listen to lockdown requirements which makes the lockdown absolete which means we need yo switch up our strateft IMO

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

bandana tied around your face will filter it out now.

Were did i state that?????
How about a link to your data.
Also home-made mask can be made from a multitude of things, which isn't best really.

Because that is what our governor in PA says.
He specifically says that you can't wear a 'medical' mask.
The data is out there regarding the size of the virus and mask efficiency/particle size.
What isn't out there is a peer reviewed paper saying that masks work to prevent COVID transmission.
edit on b000000312020-08-03T11:49:50-05:0011America/ChicagoMon, 03 Aug 2020 11:49:50 -05001100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Then let's do that. We can't wear masks forever. If may have worked but too many people didn't abide by the rules. So i think we need a plan B to isolate the vulnerable and pay them.

It's clear that not everyone will listen to lockdown requirements which makes the lockdown absolete which means we need yo switch up our strateft IMO

That makes sense and I wish some governors thought that way.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think some people think something is better than nothing, but if you can afford it, a specifically designed mask is what is needed if you are in enclosed spaces with others.

Edited to add...

Because that is what our governor in PA says.
He specifically says that you can't wear a 'medical' mask.

The "science" behind this virus is being updated all the time and so the information on best practice will change too but that advice from a "politician" smells a bit like something you'd tread in, why would someone say you can't wear a medical mask?!?!

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Agreed!
I bought a N95 respirator and tight fitting goggles and had the respirator fit tested with irritant gas back in December., when I saw news from China that indicated the virus was really bad. I bought a lot of nitrile gloves and hand sanitizer too.
Still have it. Didn't use it, except for the hand sanitizer.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Hey, AM....and people wonder why I license-carry. Now I'm packing 2.

Wait when these millions get cut. Then watch out for your little old lady on the corner who has no food or water...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join