It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Insight - Something is Definitely Happening on the Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

We don't just know what's there because of the samples we've returned, we also have data from numerous probes examining the surface in a variety of spectra.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Watched this video when it came out on Saturday.

I dont like the way he chuckles after most sentences, like its a joke subject to him.

Ive followed Jimmy since he began and to me he's getting way too full of himself. Like once he hit a million subscribers he stopped posting video's. 5 this year and 1 of those was a "my next video will blow your mind" video, and another one was about when he went shopping during the start of the pandemic. So 3 video's this year of substance. Well 2 really because one of those was about Tiger King the tv program.
So before Saturday, two video's this year
Apparently he's "letting us know more about who Jimmy is and where he came from" on Instagram. Its going to his head these one million subscribers.
People subscribe because the video's were good Jimmy.

As for the video in the OP, i too found it lackluster, nothing in it i didnt know already

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Watched this video when it came out on Saturday.

I dont like the way he chuckles after most sentences, like its a joke subject to him.

Ive followed Jimmy since he began and to me he's getting way too full of himself. Like once he hit a million subscribers he stopped posting video's. 5 this year and 1 of those was a "my next video will blow your mind" video, and another one was about when he went shopping during the start of the pandemic. So 3 video's this year of substance. Well 2 really because one of those was about Tiger King the tv program.
Apparently he's "letting us know more about who Jimmy is and where he came from" on Instagram. Its going to his head these one million subscribers.

As for the video in the OP, i too found it lackluster, nothing in it i didnt know already

OMG - Really?

All that verbosity about the guy that made the video but *nothing* of substance about the video itself other than the guy chuckles? WTF dude? Obviously, you watched the video - what did you think of his claims which, BTW, relate directly to the OP?

I don't give a rat's ass about the guy's other videos, Tiger King or any of that flotsam & jetsom.

Let's keep this thread on track. It's interesting as hell. If you don't think so - that's cool - you're free to abandon this thread and find your kicks in another thread...

edit on 8/3/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
There is something about the moon.

UFO's on the moon?

Thanks Phage.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Yeah your right, my bad. Hands up.

I find the red light claim interesting. Would a red light really be Lunar Transient Phenomenon?

Also, the green fluorescent light that the astronauts seen in the crater does not sound like TLP. Fluorescent light?
I do believe there is something going on on the Moon, what i have no idea.

I certainly dont like the idea of mining the moon, unless its for a mineral that we are very short of here on Earth.
How exactly do they know there is enough of any mineral there to be worth the cost and effort to go mining?

Your right about my previous post. No excuse i should have put it in the rant forum

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well that 30 minutes just dragged for me. It's 30 minutes of argument from incredulity and misinterpretation of the facts. He seems to base his whole argument on "Well I haven't heard about it so wow that's kind of weird hey?". He doesn't question the moon's volcanic history as such, he just assumes that speculating about volcanic activity is the same as something being volcanic. Likewise most of the other things he questions but doesn’t seem to concerned about finding answers about. Yes, you can read about stuff on the NTRS, or respected astronomical journals, might it not be an idea to actually do that and report about what they say?

He spends a lot of time making a fuss about a transient lunar phenomenon observed during Apollo 11. It goes very quickly from him pointing out that a flash was observed by Bochum observatory to "Armstrong saw a fluorescent light during his landing". The fact is that when the crew were asked to look around Aristarchus crater while still in orbit they reported that it was glowing with Earthshine, nothing more. Everything else he comes up with is his spin on it. As for other sightings you can't always rely on observations made 100s of years ago. Neither can you really rely on obersavations about the colour of something as viewed through atmospheric distortion, though outgassings recorded by instruments outside the atmosphere do infer colour. Most of the TLP are just sunglint on craters and impacts, or just plain and simple mis-interpretation by the viewer.

He also wonders why the rush to inhabit the moon seems to be only a recent thing, when in fact it has been floating around for decades. Public interest in the topic waned almost as quickly as it got bored with the Apollo missions, so it isn't something people talk about around the water cooler, but plenty of people still look at it. You not seeing something happening is not the same as it not happening. Harrison Schmitt of Apolo 17, for example, wrote an entire book about it:

www.amazon.co.uk...

He also makes a big deal about the tunnel entrances -again, collapsed lava tubes and their entrances are long documented. Trying to infer some significance on astronauts not going into any caves is a bit tricky when no Apollo sites visited anywhere with a cave entrance. They did, however, visit a giant collapsed tunnel with Apollo 15.

How we date lunar phenomena is essentially the same process as dating on Earth - we match superposition (a feature on top of another feature is newer) with known process rates (this type of lava accumulates at this speed) as well as other methods such as radiometric dating (the proportion of different elements whose decay rates are known). The figures are always up for revision, they are never fixed and immutable.

Finding out about China's activity on the lunar far side isn't difficult, you just need to go to their website and download the data, and if you don't like the quality of their camera you need to speak to them about it. Don't, however, assume that the technology in a rover landed in 2018 was developed in 2018 - these things take a long time to get developed, and rovers don't just go there to take photos.

It's a lazy, tedious video full of easily researched topics that you could explore in depth very easily. All he's doing is "Just saying", making broad sweeping statements from uninformed assumptions and not really putting much effort into finding the answers to the JAQ-off he's doing.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why would there be aliens on our little moon so close to our planet and so far away from theirs?

There's nothing much in the moon in regards to travelling light years to sit on it. A staging ground to make Earth visits? And what do they do on Earth that's so important? All we "see" is a rare glimpse of a weird aerial phenomenon.

They're spying on us? For what? The ONLY reason to travel light years to do tricks in the sky and "reconaissance" is to eventually invade and take the planet, period.

Habitable life-generating planets like Earth are exceedingly rare in the universe. If they're on the moon and in our skies, they're going to eventually conquer the planet.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We don’t go back to the moon... because of aliens...

We go back to the moon.... aliens..

This era will be an interesting great blip in human history in 2000 years 😵

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I think we dont go back because there's no reason to spend alot of money and resources to simply go for a walk.

"We're back at the moon and.. no real reason to be here. Hi mom!"

What kind of samples would they collect out of moon dust that would be so important? What unexplained mysteries need to be resolved by astronauts on a trip there? Nada.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

No need to apologize.I actually agree with you. Your statements aren’t unwarranted. I’ve been following Jimmy for about 3 years. His pandemic video he released in March, was very off putting for me. He came off as some type of expert on the subject. I pretty much disagreed with him in the entire video. I actually wondered if he didn’t creat a video of substance for 4 months, because he realized that video was terrible.

While I do appreciate what he does, it certainly appears the notoriety has gone to his head. It’s showing in his view counts on his videos (only garnering about 500k). He needs to get back to his roots.

Back to the OP. for me the mining of the moon is the most perplexing. Anything you mine is heavy. Weight in space is always an issue. What could they possibly mine there that’s worth the financial endeavor?

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Cheers.

Yeah his pandemic video was bad. On one hand he's giving out about people hoarding the toilet rolls and water etc.
Then later in the video he's telling people to stock up a few months worth of supplies!

As for mining the Moon, for all we know that could be an excuse covering up for some other nefarious reason. Like, how can they tell if theres x amount of whatever precious metal up there? They havnt been on the Moon for a long time.

Could well be another reason we will never be told.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think one of the main reasons we have not been back to the moon is the "regolith". If you look at the NASA reports the "moon dust" is highly, highly abrasive. ie.abrading through the astronauts spacesuits in a matter of minutes. Think on that if your in a spacesuit and suddenly lose all pressure and life giving oxygen when your a few hundred metres from safety.
You could say "oh, it's only dust", but it's one of the most dangerous dusts in the known universe, especially to man.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

I agree.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cropper

Cheers thanks for saying so
I feel a bit vindicated for you and KKLOCO saying it, but still it should have been posted in the rants forum.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Jimmy’s got a new video out. The title is his.

Who's Jimmy?

He’s questioning how they know there are precious materials worth the endeavor. Considering we spent such little time there.

The Moon has been mapped many times in the last 30 years, with different approaches, some to identify the minerals on the Moon's surface. From those they know how much minerals are there and where.

Supposedly gold, platinum, water helium3.

Gold, platinum and water are not that important, as there's much more on Earth than on the Moon, on places that are easily mined. Helium 3 is a different matter, but they need to have a use for it.

Rare-Earth minerals are the best bet, as although they exist on Earth they are not located in relatively large areas, making mining of rare-Earth minerals expensive. If you add to that the fact that most sources of rare-Earth minerals are in China and India you start to see a reason to mine them on the Moon. Finally, if you add that some of those minerals are needed for things like electric cars and cell phones you see that there's a growing demand for them.

NASA calls it ‘Transient Lunar Phenomena’.He posits that scientists dating of volcanic activity on the moon is flawed. As well as hypothesizing on other causes.

Is he a geologist? Or a selenologist?

Honestly, I found the video fairly lackluster, compared to his previous ones. None the less, I’m bored and it’s Sunday. The 30 minutes flew by. Some things I didn’t know in there.

30 minutes? Thanks but no thanks, I have better things to do with my time.

Thanks anyway for posting about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why do you think there's a push to put men on the Moon again. If not for mining? Or to fight aliens?

It would make a pretty good space station...need more room just dig it out. Will most diffidently be the jump off point for any human exploration to the other plants and beyond too.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Yeah your right, my bad. Hands up.

I find the red light claim interesting. Would a red light really be Lunar Transient Phenomenon?

Bravo, my friend!

I have so much respect for people that say "Umm..my bad...or oops, yeah I own that" than the asshats that can never admit they might be wrong.

You sir, have earned my respect today.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Phage

Why do you think there's a push to put men on the Moon again. If not for mining? Or to fight aliens?

It would make a pretty good space station...need more room just dig it out. Will most diffidently be the jump off point for any human exploration to the other plants and beyond too.

Did you see Ad Astra? Pitt had to go to the moon then mars before finally traveling to Neptune.

Great movie.

Could be in our future.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I guess you missed this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
'Not made on this earth:' I missed this headline as I was busy working mass OT. Does anyone think that they might mean that these crafts are made off Earth but still possibly by Earthlings? What is more plausible . . . Aliens or a secret space program . . . and then again, straight up misdirection!?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join