It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

---Annnnnnnnd Now BLM-ANTIFA Is Burning Bibles In Portland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You really like burn on the stupidity. It's one thing you can't get away from even in your own country
a reply to: RAY1990

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
A few people burning one of the mosttly highly produced books in the world.

Seems like an unimportant event. Unless satan spawned from the ashes i don't think there is much of a story here.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Bet you they too pussified to burn a Koran.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
aaannnddd again Saturday !!

Portland police declare unlawful assembly during Saturday night protest

The Portland Police Bureau declared an unlawful assembly Saturday night when people gathered outside a police precinct in Oregon's largest city and threw bottles towards officers, police said.

Until that point, federal, state and local law enforcement had been seemingly absent from the protests Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The demonstrations – that for weeks ended with tear gas, fireworks shot towards buildings, federal agents on the street and injuries to protesters and officers – have recently ended with chanting and conversations.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Arrests by federal officers are much more severe than those by local officers...where local judges can just dismiss the cases.
Why anyone thinks things will deescalate with a Federal withdrawal is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: The2Billies

Isn't it pretty common for Americans to burn things they don't like so other people notice?

Also it's pretty common for people to receive a religious education. In the rest of the world anyways. Are you trying to tell me Americans have no religious education (RE) studies?

Next you'll be telling me English is optional... I could believe it too.

Religious education is OUTLAWED in public in the USA

No religious education is allowed on school grounds in the USA

No religious education is allowed in any public building in the USA

No teacher or administrator may give any religious education in any public school in the USA

No employee of government is allowed to give any form of religious education within any public building in the USA

Religious symbols are forbidden and have been removed from all schools and all public buildings in the USA unless the symbol is very very old and structural.

That is why Biden suggesting that public schools begin educating students in Islam is so shocking

The ONLY religious education allowed is as historical, but not in a regular history class. It has to be a comparative religion class that looks historically at ALL religions - otherwise religious education is strictly forbidden, teachers are even not allowed to have a Bible in their desk drawer, they have been fired for having one in their desk drawer where students couldn't even see it.

The USA is quite hostile to Christianity in any public area or forum, especially where children might be exposed to it.

Only churches/parents/Christian schools are allowed to engage in religious education - otherwise it is so forbidden that lawsuits abound stopping people from engaging in Christian religious education.

The liberals/progressives/Democrats are quite hostile to the Christian religion and have gone out of their way to stop any mention of Christianity in any and all public forums.

Biden on the campaign trail said recently "“We hold these truths to be self-evident,” Mr. Biden, said. “All men and women created … by the — you know — you know the thing.” he could not bring himself to even say the word God or the Creator.

edit on 8/2/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Leftists are a bunch of book burners?

Color me surprised.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wait guys... these are peaceful protetors ( without jobs? or COVID?) trying to get their message out of love and togetherness. they are spreading the news about the HATE pouring out of them( UHUMM...I mean you) . Look, burning bibles, buildings, shooting people and creating havoc is the ONLY way to get the word out about racism and those darn police.. Now just sympathize with them and send them money.. they will handle the rest

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When they next burn flags can some one have a Russian Soviet flage ready.
burn that but be near the cops and have some big freinds.
dont forget to film it. it will show thire true colours!

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just read somewhere yesterday that Christianity is to be on the chopping block. The people running the NWO hate Christianity in all of its forms so the have controlled it from the inside ( Vatican, Marxist infiltration, World Council of Churches) or they try to eliminate it( ban from schools ... ironically they think it’s ok to teach Islam and have kids bowing on prayer rugs, or remove the Ten Commandments from the public square ... or more subtly replace Merry Christmas with Happy Holidays).
Historically, Christians have been persecuted since the time of Jesus. Since the Bolshevik Revolution and beyond, communists have destroyed churches and prevented the people from worshiping. Secular humanists have prevented the schools from referencing Christianity and used the ruse of separation from church and state, but the real intent is separation of the soul from God. Karl Marx said that religion is the opiate of the masses.
The Chicoms destroyed Tibetan Buddhist temples and statues, so my take is that communism is a form of separation from God.
I have observed that hatred of Christians and Christianity by seculars for some time. I’ve seen the ridicule and the mocking. Seculars presume that science is above faith, and yet we see the abject failure of the scientific community( just look at what presents as science with all this covid 19 mask wearing nonsense ... we are not getting the straight answers from the very institutions we have trusted, and the reason is the depopulation agenda.
I’ve seen the haters of Trump ridicule his supposed “base” as racist right wing Christians. That is the characterization.
Yes the hatred exists.
It is perhaps not a coincidence that Jesus taught about the removal of truth from the masses

King James Version Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
luke 11:52 biblehub.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Billies

That is why Biden suggesting that public schools begin educating students in Islam is so shocking
I am not so surprised. They started that when Obama was Potus and promoted Islam in the public schools in spite of the secular control in the name of separation of church and state. What they want is control, and they replace real science in the schools with the bogus unscientific climate change religion. And religion it is... the goddess Gaia is worshipped in the climate change religion. It is true... goes back to James Lovelock.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I’ve read often enough that the most religious in America are blacks and hispanics.

I am sure this will do wonders for the left’s minority vote.

Why is the cause of the black man allegedly being championed by mostly white marxists? Seems pretty racist to me. Almost as if someone else is using them to their nefarious ends. But that would be crazy talk, right?
Back when Obama became Potus, his pastor gained notoriety from his sermon about the evil American chickens coming home to roost, and then we found out that he was steeped in the black liberation of theology of James Cone who was highly steeped in communism. Blt has a communist base to it, from the time when the communist party recruited people of color. It very exclusively teaches the liberation of people of color and excludes White people. Who is surprised to see protesters burning bibles as they have an anarcho-communist base?
From Anthony Bradley book

Black liberation theologians James Cone and Cornel West have worked diligently to embed Marxist thought into the black church since the 1970s. For Cone, Marxism best addressed remedies to the condition of blacks as victims of white oppression. In For My People, Cone explains that “the Christian faith does not possess in its nature the means for analyzing the structure of capitalism.
blog.acton.org...
Just can’t make this stuff up.. oh and Cone passed recently as a point of interest. No eulogies of him from Obama strangely, as Obama has to hide his real connections.
edit on 2-8-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Where is all this Christian outrage on ATS for the poor, the disenfranchised, the homeless,the outrage for innocent children ripped from their parents when brought over the border? You know, the stuff that is in the Bible about how we should care for each other?

The threads are full of the same Christians spouting all sorts of non Christian ideas. Excusing the political leaders and religious leaders of un Christian like behavior while blaming a poor person for being poor, and stating some people deserve to be shot because they may share a different viewpoint.

I was raised Christian, 12 years of Parochial school, you know where the Priests were molesting alter boys and the 6th grade girls were forced to watch films of buckets of fetuses to show abortion was bad. Fun times.

The good Christians I know spent their time volunteering with less fortunate, they accept and show respect to all people regardless of their color, gender, orientation or belief. They will not scream at you if you are different. They will pray for you.

But like 3 people burning a few bibles is some massive plot to get rid of Christians? The Christians have burned books and tortured people throughout the centuries. I think they will survive a few Antifa book burners.

edit on 2-8-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453
Did you go back and help those molested and abused? Where's the documented evidence you did?

Sit back down on your throne of spikes.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

But like 3 people burning a few bibles is some massive plot to get rid of Christians?

It was only 4 cops who killed George Floyd.

Why get bent out of shape with all cops?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What does burning Bibles have to do with George Floyd and police brutality?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The threads are full of the same Christians spouting all sorts of non Christian ideas. Excusing the political leaders

Explain please ... meanwhile the rest of your post just confirms what I said. I notice you separate good Christians from bad Christians based on your personal interpretation.
May I remind you of Jesus’ teaching ...

“And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.” King James Version (KJV)
. Matthew 19:17 m.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But like 3 people burning a few bibles is some massive plot to get rid of Christians?

Great point.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Were the 4 cops Christians?
If so, burning Bibles for George Floyd now makes perfect sense...because all Christians killed GF.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Someone should wear black and burn the qoran, and other sacred texts

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join