It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

---Annnnnnnnd Now BLM-ANTIFA Is Burning Bibles In Portland

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I’ve read often enough that the most religious in America are blacks and hispanics.

I am sure this will do wonders for the left’s minority vote.

Why is the cause of the black man allegedly being championed by mostly white marxists? Seems pretty racist to me. Almost as if someone else is using them to their nefarious ends. But that would be crazy talk, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Dude, NOT GOOD OPTICS FOR THE DEMS.

This is a Christian nation.

Absolutely.

If it were the Koran people would be screaming Islamophobia and racism

Since it is the Bible, well sorry dudes, this is Christophobia and Anti-Semitic

This gives a clear message of we hate Christians and"
Christians and Jews don't belong with "us"

The optics is DEMS are Christophobic and Anti-Semitic (but that has been crystal clear for several years now)

The DEMS say this is NOT a Christian nation, they have championed removing Christianity from all realms of public life, separation of church and state and all.

BUT Biden said recently that US Public Schools should be teaching about the Islamic faith. "separation of church and state anyone?"

edit on 8/1/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Trump just needs to tweet this out.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Who cares? As long as they bought the books then they're free to do what they want with them. They're hypocrits and are unknowingly playing the capitalists games. Do I agree with it? No.
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Arnie123
They've been getting everything they want (and more) so far.
Why wouldn't they shoot for the moon?

Because guns are bad.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well..
It's not like Christian's ain't been known to burn books and things they saw as offensive from time to time. Been to a few burnings myself when I was going to church.
Like someone else said...
As long as they arent burning other people stuff, why should you care?
But, na, you have to care. You have to make a big deal out of it and by doing so you are giving them what they want..
Your attention. A reaction. Headlines and time on the tv news!!

Tell me, is it anymore disrespectful to burn a worn out bible than it is to just throw it away? Some of mine are four generations old. They might not last much longer.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Amino acids are the real problem. They just eat paper up. Those books could be relics one day.
a reply to: dawnstar

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You're actually defending book burning.

Incredible.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

Well, I am in my 60s and i have a set of religious booklets that was my great grandmother's. The box the came in is pretty well broken down, but the booklets are in pretty good shape.
And, quite frankly, if I was supporting book burning like dc cowboy wants people to think...
I wouldnt be trying to preserve them for as long as I have.
I think for most of us today, they'd be considered a tad bit racist. I have one book that I have tried to read several times (the main character in it has the same last name as some of my ancestors and was given to my grandmother by her uncle). I just find the thing too distasteful.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just saying.

The churches burn also. If I condemn these guys, which for all i know might just be alt right jerks pretending to be lefties, then I should also condemn those churches for all that they have destroyed, right??

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Black communities are some of the more religious communities alongside hispanic.

This is gonna be the end of support for a lot of black communities towards the "movement".

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just saying.

The churches burn also. If I condemn these guys, which for all i know might just be alt right jerks pretending to be lefties, then I should also condemn those churches for all that they have destroyed, right??

Yes.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Black communities are some of the more religious communities alongside hispanic.

This is gonna be the end of support for a lot of black communities towards the "movement".

That would require the media to actually report honestly on this Marxist filth in Portland, Seattle, et al.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Their goal is to prod the government or the religious into conflict, BLM is either too stupid or is getting financed too much to complain.

Tell ya, win or lose, the day after the election POTUS should give them the conflict they're begging for. Give them all the conflict they can handle, then give them some more... Make it clear this never happens again on US soil.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So in Portland last night they were playing Lord of the Flies with a pigs head with a police officers hat on top draped in an American flag that they burned...lol

Ya the feds left, life in Portland is back to normal...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: SaturnFX

That would require the media to actually report honestly on this Marxist filth in Portland, Seattle, et al.

I am sure fox will cover it, but they will skip out on the daily mostly peaceful protests
I am sure CNN/MSNBC won't cover it, but they will give good coverage to peaceful protests

So, depending on what narrative you favor, you will turn to the channel that will confirm your biases.

Pity there isn't an actual neutral news source that will at best give context and show the wider picture
For instance in this case (lets say as a mental experiment) it was like 5 people who were burning books and about 20 onlookers for a few minutes
would that mean thousands and thousands of people were burning books or cheering it? no...would that mean nobody burned books? no again...but it does mean it is such a tiny pocket of idiots, should that paint any protest?
Do we measure a movement based on the worst examples only? the best examples only?

There is no nuance left it appears...I guess people get bored of layers and just want whatever will satisfy their prejudice in any subject. networks bank off this lazy form of programming digestion.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Arent there a whole bunch of Jews in the Christian bible an one or two Christian's Jesus, an Paul, who were Jewish too.

Spanish Inquisition an Warrior/King an poet Medieval Pope anyone?
edit on 2-8-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Isn't it pretty common for Americans to burn things they don't like so other people notice?

Also it's pretty common for people to receive a religious education. In the rest of the world anyways. Are you trying to tell me Americans have no religious education (RE) studies?

Next you'll be telling me English is optional... I could believe it too.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Keep them safe. Keep them secret

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You do you. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Just keep an open mind my friend.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join