It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Refutation of Authoritarianism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Biblical Refutation of Authoritarianism

In the last decade or two, the decision was made to NOT oppose authoritarianism anymore. The United States in particular, under the tutelage of George W. Bush (Patriot Act, FEMA camps, 9/11, Iraq invasion) and Barrack H. Obama (funding of radical Islamic groups, the transference of almost ALL of the nation's secrets - including weapon designs - to CHINA, and things like the Office of Personnel Management hack, the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS), has pushed forward such notions of authoritarianism into the hearts of many - in the face of decency and common sense.
This is both pathetic and wrong, and unbefitting of any dignified and freed human being's alleged representatives. When our politicians are sitting around planning how to try and disarm us, feeding us finely tailored lies through the media, and pushing policies that are designed to end the familial unit and individual autonomy, one has to wonder, just WHAT it will take to wake people up? If you work for the beast, don't you see that it will never deliver on its promises to you? Don't you see that it is a toxic relationship that you have with corrupt authoritarians?
One thing I learned in jail - THE DEVIL IS A LIAR. Him and all other false gods DON'T DELIVER ON WHAT THEY ALLEGEDLY GUARANTEE. That's why we can beat this, and any, great evil and resist the devil's tricks with what some bible translations call our "blessed assurance", otherwise referred to as our confirmation of election.
2 Peter 1:3-11
Confirm Your Calling and Election
3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. 11 For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Let's look closer at 5-7.
5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.
For REASON, we should supplement our faith (that which we choose to believe in, even though we find ourselves in the devil's traps) in the LORD GOD with VIRTUE, and virtue with KNOWLEDGE, and knowledge with SELF-CONTROL, and self-control with STEADFASTNESS, and our steadfastness with GODLINESS, and godliness with BROTHERLY AFFECTION, and brotherly affection with LOVE.
This is a crash course in ethical anarchism. True Reason should lead us to believing in real things (having faith in them), true beliefs should lead us to actual Virtue, actual Virtue should lead us to Knowledge, Knowledge should lead us to self-control (gasp, GOD tells us to exert autonomous decision making - "self-control" - thus rendering totalitarianism null and void). Actual self-control will produce steadfastness, and since steadfast self-control is the definition of the "SOVEREIGN LORD", it is otherwise known as GODLINESS, and Godliness leads to BROTHERLY AFFECTION (longsuffering), and through brotherly affection, we come to know what TRUE LOVE IS.
I personally choose to seek that over whatever the hell is trending on the internet right now, or on televison, or whatever tyrannical plotting is going on down in my old church or wherever else. You can choose to believe in lies. But when you don't find love, go back and reexamine your premises. May the TRUTH set you free.
This is the perfect Law. It is the Royal decree, to find TRUE, ETERNAL, UNCHANGING LOVE. All other law is null and void.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Bravo well done man all those points in their in they are perfect.

Pretty cool you said in the wall I know the bomb that one perfect law and Paul actually said the law for us his grace.

The grace of Jesus so Paul said he didn't get it from Men that he is Plan of Salvation is from Jesus and then he says that all men one day will be judged by his gospel for Plan of Salvation.

Paul actually says that he says it's the final dispensation.

This is the one that overtakes the he that you don't have to get circumcised but do not drink blood or eat meat that's been sacrificed.

The one we'll all be judged by is pure grace Paul says one day all men will be judged by his gospel create a new paragraph Danny says he got it from Jesus.

See how the story goes Jesus talk to him on the road to Damascus and after the blameless left his eyes.

He spent three years there and then he says he spent 10 more years in Arabia zany went out riding his word.

What does a well put together thread I like to every inch of it

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Now at first I thought you were going to say repeat the government because the Bible says in one place obey any govt in olace cause its there by Devine writ.....where it kind of goes against everything else in the Bible so therefore we throw it out the way it sounds you know the the actual Hardee's is though it.

Because the Bible says if you see a government Place they've been put there on purpose but that's not what he meant when Paul wrote that.

So it goes against everything else in the Bible where they asked Jesus should you give unto Caesar and he gave them the attorney answer to that one there's a couple other places where is obvious that you're not supposed to blindly obey any Authority or government I just had to focus extra in there there's one spot in the Bible it says that but it's not what it means if you see a government it's not to your liking you're welcome. Shop at the roots
edit on 1-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JimERustler

A fire needs to be lite in the hearts of so called patriots, the original patriots were mostly bible believers who had no problem to take up arms against a tyrannical government. We have been snookered into accepting government under the guise that it is not Christian to take up arms and shake off this oppression. The Faustian agreement of tax exemption for churches in trade against political speech has done more harm in keeping the government shackled has resulted to where we are today.

edit on 1-8-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
God gave christians the fruit, it’s our responsibility to grow that fruit
No Christian can suddenly become what God wants but we will grow it over time.

Authoritarianism is not a fruit of the Spirit
The 12 Fruits of the Holy Spirit The 12 fruits are charity (or love), joy, peace, patience, benignity (or kindness), goodness, longanimity (or long-suffering), mildness (or gentleness), faith, modesty, continency (or self-control), and chastity.

Every christians should read, study, meditate on each word written in that sentence above, apply it in their whole life, every single action, consider how they treat every single person they speak and interact with.

If christians did what we were called to do, very few people would care to burn bibles.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I keep forgetting those New Testament verses that call for taking up arms against tyrants. Can you list a few?

I can think of many passages like this:
Romans 12

14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. c Do not be conceited.

17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” d says the Lord. 20On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” e
21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

edit on 1-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I keep forgetting those New Testament verses that call for taking up arms against tyrants. Can you list a few?

I can think of many passages like this:
Romans 12

14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. c Do not be conceited.

17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for G God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” d says the Lord. 20On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” e
21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Yep all those devil worshiping pilgrims of the 18th century taking up arms against tyrants how anti God of them. The bible says turn the other cheek, do you think a woman being raped should just turn the other cheek? There is a time to resist. If you or your family were in threat of loosing life should you just take it. If you or your family were taken advantage of and was swindled out of everything you own, should you turn the other cheek and say thank you?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

So no verses?

The examples you list are examples that face any person, even Pagans. If Pagans and Christians all act and re-act the same way in life situations, then what really is the difference?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

What does resist the devil and he shall flee mean to you the prime word is resist. Should we submit to evil?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Most Christians have a fondness for Ephesians 6.
Sometimes I wonder if it is for the martial imagery more than the actual words.

11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
…15and with your feet fitted with the readiness of the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.…

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

More pious people have been killed by evil influenced by the spiritual realm that did not flee from them. You can only run so far before it catches you.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

More pious people have been killed

Aren't they called martyrs? In many Christian systems they are considered as saints. That's considered to be a good status.

There was a time when martyrdom was so highly regarded that Christians were purposely obnoxious, hoping that someone would kill them. I can't find the name for that heresy at the moment.

But the hope of Christianity is resurrection and life everlasting isn't it? So how much does it matter if someone kills you?

It seems that I , who have no such hope, should be more concerned about staying alive than you are?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
OK lets get personal you get a knock on the door you open it two men with baseball bats break in and begin to beat you and your family. What do you and your family do?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

What we must to stay alive.
Different circumstances and situations present different possibilities and necessities.

Bottom line: If I had to kill someone I would not brag about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

What we must to stay alive.
Different circumstances and situations present different possibilities and necessities.

Bottom line: If I had to kill someone I would not brag about it.

Even to the point of taking another life? What happened to turn the other cheek? Is it not good to die a martyr? What happened to your full armor and evil fleeing/

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I'm not a Christian. Did you miss that part?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: JimERustler

A fire needs to be lite in the hearts of so called patriots, the original patriots were mostly bible believers who had no problem to take up arms against a tyrannical government. We have been snookered into accepting government under the guise that it is not Christian to take up arms and shake off this oppression. ...

The peoples of all nations are flooded with nationalistic propaganda through their own newspapers, magazines, radio, internet and television. Hemmed in by boundaries and censorship, the peoples’ thinking is confined to their own nation, to worshiping it, to idolizing it. This controlled thinking affects almost everyone’s mind.

The Encyclopedia Americana says: “Nationalism is a state of mind which can be, and often is, induced by governmental and private propaganda. It can be the creature of ambitious leaders who wish to form certain patterns of opinion which they expect to use, for their own purposes perhaps, or for ends they consider to be in the public interest.”* Under the heading “Irrationality” it states: “The ability of governmental and civic leaders to spread the ferment of nationalism among the masses is greatly facilitated by its highly irrational character. The extreme patriot is largely impervious to rational argument. Even in free countries, he may never hear the truth, especially if he reads only tendentious newspapers or tunes in his radio to biased, chauvinistic [blind, enthusiastic] commentators. Moreover, it is difficult to see how adults can consider the international problems facing their nation with any degree of objectivity if as young children their minds were formed by history books that were one-sided and biased.”*

*: The Encyclopedia Americana, Volume 19, page 755 (first quotation) and 756 (second), 1956 edition.

Who Are Genuine Christians?

Religious leaders have completely departed from Jesus’ command to stay neutral in political affairs. In Jesus’ day, Galilee “was the heartland of ethnic nationalism,” states writer Trevor Morrow. Many Jewish patriots took up arms to gain political and religious freedom. Did Jesus tell his disciples to get involved in such struggles? No. On the contrary, he told them: “You are no part of the world.” (John 15:19; 17:14) Instead of remaining neutral, however, church leaders developed what Irish writer Hubert Butler describes as “militant and political ecclesiasticism.” “Political Christianity,” he writes, “is almost always also militarist Christianity and when statesmen and ecclesiastics come to terms it always happens that, in return for certain privileges, the Church gives its blessing to the military forces of the state.”

Since 1914, two world wars and over a hundred smaller conflicts have spilled an ocean of blood. A century ago, French writer Guy de Maupassant said that “the egg from which wars are hatched” is patriotism, which he called “a kind of religion.” In fact, The Encyclopedia of Religion says that patriotism’s cousin, nationalism, “has become a dominant form of religion in the modern world, preempting a void left by the deterioration of traditional religious values.” (Italics mine.) By failing to promote true worship, false religion created the spiritual vacuum into which nationalism was able to pour.

Nowhere was this better illustrated than in Nazi Germany, whose citizens at the beginning of World War II claimed to be 94.4 percent Christian. Of all places, Germany​—birthplace of Protestantism and praised in 1914 by Pope Pius X as home of “the best Catholics in the world”—​should have represented the very best that Christendom had to offer.

Significantly, Catholic Adolf Hitler found readier support among Protestants than among Catholics. Predominantly Protestant districts gave him 20 percent of their votes in the 1930 elections, Catholic districts only 14 percent. And the first absolute majority for the Nazi Party in state elections was in 1932 in Oldenburg, a district 75 percent Protestant.

Apparently, the “void left by the deterioration of traditional religious values” was greater in Protestantism than in Catholicism. Understandably so. Liberalized theology and higher criticism of the Bible were mainly the product of German-speaking Protestant theologians.

Equally significant is what finally solidified lagging Catholic support behind Hitler. German historian Klaus Scholder explains that “by tradition German Catholicism had especially close ties with Rome.” Seeing in Nazism a bulwark against Communism, the Vatican was not averse to using its influence to strengthen Hitler’s hand. “Fundamental decisions shifted more and more to the Curia,” says Scholder, “and in fact Catholicism’s status and future in the Third Reich was finally decided almost solely in Rome.”

The part Christendom played in both world wars led to a severe loss of prestige. As the Concise Dictionary of the Christian World Mission explains: “Non-Christians had before their eyes . . . the evident fact that nations with a thousand years of Christian teaching behind them had failed to control their passions and had set the whole world ablaze for the satisfaction of less than admirable ambitions.”

Of course, religiously motivated wars are nothing new. But in contrast with the past when nations of different religions warred with one another, the 20th century has increasingly found nations of the same religion locked in bitter conflict. The god of nationalism has clearly been able to manipulate the gods of religion. Thus, during World War II, while Catholics and Protestants in Great Britain and the United States were killing Catholics and Protestants in Italy and Germany, Buddhists in Japan were doing the same to their Buddhist brothers in southeast Asia.

Nationalism is well described by the psalmist’s expression, “the pestilence causing adversities.” (Psalm 91:3) It has been like a plague on humanity, leading to untold suffering. Nationalism with its resultant hatred of other peoples has existed for centuries. Today, nationalism continues to fan the flames of divisiveness, and human rulers have not been able to stop it.

Insight on the News (1979)

“Measles of the Human Race”

● In the recent flurry of published information celebrating Albert Einstein’s centennial, news columnist Joseph Kraft wrote concerning Einstein’s views on nationalism: “[Einstein] set an example in renouncing nationalism. ‘I never identified myself with any particular country,’ he once wrote. He called nationalism ‘an infantile disease . . . the measles of the human race.’”

Similarly, in a letter to the editor of Bombay’s “Indian Express” newspaper, an Indian man stated: “I do not believe in patriotism. It is an opium innovated by the politicians to serve their ugly ends. It is for their prosperity. It is for their betterment. It is for their aggrandizement. It is never for the country. It is never for the nation. It is never never for common men and women like you and I. . . . This sinister politician-invented wall shall divide man from man​—and brother from brother; till one day it shall bring about man’s doom by man. Patriotism or nationalism, to my mind, is an idiotic exercise in artificial loyalty. . . . I take no hypocritical pride in being petty this or that. I belong to mankind.”

edit on 2-8-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

No your not your just a bomb throwing troll.

edit on 2-8-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

As a Christian Pthena and reading your comments I think you have a better understanding of Christianity than Dezineck and probably displayed a better and calmer argument than I would have
Thank you
edit on 2-8-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Says the guy who attends and supports a cult church that protects pedophiles
Sort that crime out first buddy before telling everyone else what to do

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join