It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's A No Good Commie

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Just say you're a commie and get on with your life. Jumping at every opportunity to say orange man bad is getting old.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Regarding the cost living, it tough to say what would be deemed as a necessity especially with the rise of futuristic Autonomous Economies/Markets. Some volunteer work, community wise could count I suppose, but they could be made self sufficient in other ways.

Growing there own food, to trimming butter.

100 years ago, didnt need a high school diploma, a car, cellphones or the internet to get a job, all the while hot water a luxury when it kills germs,

Take that immense paranoia!!!
edit on 1-8-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I've got to ask, are you Jamie Hyneman? Everytime I read your posts I'm reminded of him, and everytime I see him I think of you...

a reply to: Phage

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Interesting information describing what would happen if a Robinhood took all the wealth from America's rich, and redistributed to everyone else in America.

www.quora.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Raising taxes on the silly, ridiculously, wealthy instead of reducing them?

Don't they already pay 50% or more in taxes?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What about those who work who can still barely provide or pay bills?

Tough # for them?

I would need to understand why they work hard and can not get ahead in life first... and when you say barely provide, what does that mean in quantitative terms...

I've already said it.

Minimum wage doesn't afford people who work hard at BS min wage jobs to get ahead wherein they can barely provide for their families because of a BS minimum wage.

Pay attention. Keep up.

Minimum wage jobs have never been designed for someone to make into a career or raise family. Look, if you are an adult and stuck making minimum wage, you've most likely made some really bad decisions in your life.

Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be stepping stone jobs, not careers. You work a minimum wage job to gain some skills and move on to more gainful employment. The fact someone is making minimum wage and trying to raise a family is not a concern of the business. That is a personal decision.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What about those who work who can still barely provide or pay bills?

Tough # for them?

I would need to understand why they work hard and can not get ahead in life first... and when you say barely provide, what does that mean in quantitative terms...

I've already said it.

Minimum wage doesn't afford people who work hard at BS min wage jobs to get ahead wherein they can barely provide for their families because of a BS minimum wage.

Pay attention. Keep up.

Minimum wage jobs have never been designed for someone to make into a career or raise family. Look, if you are an adult and stuck making minimum wage, you've most likely made some really bad decisions in your life.

Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be stepping stone jobs, not careers. You work a minimum wage job to gain some skills and move on to more gainful employment. The fact someone is making minimum wage and trying to raise a family is not a concern of the business. That is a personal decision.

Do you believe there are enough professional jobs out there for everybody ?

Also why should fast food positions all be filled by inexperienced youths, why not have the capacity to keep people with experience in the job to have a higher standard of service ?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The rich get richer and make money off covid while the poor get poorer. You can't make the ultra rich give back, so what do you do?

Greed...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, fast food is a very unnecessary job. It's providing cheap low quality food to the masses. It's one of the most unimportant jobs. You don't need fast food.

Grocery store workers are far more important. We should be paying those who worked the necessary jobs during covid a bit more money.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If he was you'd be buying up all the Trump swag.

Real talk.

Hahaha

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
flat tax?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Raising taxes on the silly, ridiculously, wealthy instead of reducing them?

I'm just wondering exactly what a troll is, as apposed to someone who isn't trolling but is told he is, by someone who just has to speak out, so they say...that itself could be trolling.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I actually agree with this. Too much income disparity. Changes must be made, and soon!

Source

It's nice to see Trump finally coming around to the idea of wealth redistribution. I mean I don't see any other way to interpret this tweet. But I'm sure Cult45 will be by shortly to tell us all what Trump actually meant; or that billionaires actually do have too much money and some of it needs to make its way down to the lower classes.

It would be as easy as a flat rate taxation on every dollar that is over a basic living income, and removal of some other taxes, especially on things that don't turn a profit, or are an 'essential' consumable (like, say, tampons and sanitary pads are).

Allow the rich to get richer (by a smaller ratio), but not the lowest paid, to get poorer.

Then you don't have to be a Communist.

Also, a UBI and flat tax has a similar effect.

edit on 2/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

For most locations, as wages increase, the cost of living increases.

Yep. That's how capitalism works.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'd be ok with eliminating income tax altogether.

There are other ways of getting revenue that doesn't require taking it directly from someone's check.
The Marxists have no other way than to steal it from others.
edit on 2-8-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'd be ok with eliminating income tax altogether.

There are other ways of getting revenue that doesn't require taking it directly from someone's check.

I agree with this. Consumption taxes can get the job done. States with no income tax do just fine - and also draw in major employers.

They also can hit things like vehicle licensing, etc.

The elimination of a Federal income tax would also likely lead to states jacking up their income tax rates to get back back close to their current effective tax rate - because that’s the liberal way.

You never run out of other people’s money until you do...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
The Marxists have no other way than to steal it from others.

Eeeeewww! those 'Marxists' sound to be just like thieving 'Conservatives' Oh dear! I must go in and wash my hands after saying that...
edit on 2-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The other problem many of you are ignoring is that the fact we have a system where you can become a billionaire isn’t the problem. What you’re really seeing is the compounding effect of wealth. It begets more wealth.

8-10% annualized on a 20 million dollar portfolio leads to insane money.

The other problem I see with the lefty angle here is the flawed logic that having billionaires oppress the masses. False. Think about all of the jobs these evil billionaires created... it’s a LOT. They’ve done more for employing people, creating support industries and companies, and more then any of the people you want to hand wealth or money in general to.

This is also a false narrative that someone can’t materially better their financial circumstances. I’m way better off thab my parents and family - and while not rich - doing a heck of a lot bette job that I was expected to. So could I retire a millionaire? Sure. But that’s not because I got handed a glob of money - it’s called saving and investing.

Lastly, and as we saw with the 600/week... if you just pay people to exist you won’t have workers. No workers means fewer goods and services brought to market in a timely manner, which means higher prices tied to scarcity or convenience - but you on the left dont seem to understand the concept of stagflation...

On the other hand... the right has the whole “lower taxes are good for business” just a little wrong. Most corporations pay very little in tax - they spend it to offset as every dime you pay in tax is a dime you didn’t spend growing your business. Those spends are going into the economy. So higher taxes leads to increased spending. The only “loser” there is the business owner who hoped to line their pockets more.

Said another way, you need to incentivize businesses/corporations and billionaires to spend money. This makes more opportunity for all - then it’s up to those who seek it to go get it. If they don’t - assuming they’re able bodied - it’s on them.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

They have wealth gains but how are you going to tax them if they don't use those gains? Really it is just on paper.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I agree wages should be higher but when you make 250 a week and they give you 600 to stay home it is BS

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join