It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's A No Good Commie

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Trump Foundation, better yet. The one which was ordered to shut down. Remember?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

A food line means people aren't starving and the community is working to ensure those that are in need have options.

A food line means people are hungry enough to require assistance for their families. So the community helps its own as it can, when government won't.

Maybe the government should. Hence the point about wages and relief for struggling citizens and families.

But apparently your argument is "They have swollen bellies and no AC in Africa, so even though you can't feed your children or have a job in America you should be thankful you have AC."
edit on 1-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They aren't the vast majority of people though. The vast majority of us want more from life than whatever we can scrape from the bottom.

I would say at least 20% of capable working adults would do nothing if they could....

It is my opinion that what government is doing now is going to rapidly accelerate the drive toward automated systems and economics. The interim between today and a fully decentralized machine economy like I've spoke about before has to be filled with something.

I agree...the term living wage will increase that process towards automated systems...

Whatever the the Goverment provides will suck no matter what...its like Goverment cheese...kind of looks like cheese, but doesn't taste or smell like cheese.

I'm thinking in 50 years 50% of the population in America will be living in those really crappy huge subsistence living housing projects that turn into infestation of crime, gangs, drugs...etc.

"What do you transition with?"

I don't know outside of reduce population over time...America right now is negative population growth if it wasn't for immigrants. how do you get America under 150 million? It is a very hard thing to do since having less babies is not the answer.

At the end of the day, a technological society like ours prohibits starting from zero, as doing so puts you in the same economic rung as a tent city dweller in Los Angeles from the get go.

I don't know what you mean by "prohibits starting from zero" So you just graduated high school...you have a lot of options...You do need support and the atomic family is dying, so I guess you co-op with friends to replace the atomic family.

When you look around the world co-oping in some fashion is how the world works...private living is a luxury not a right, but in America we assume its a right in someway.

The interim period has to be covered by something. I'm not too proud to say that such a "something" is the UBI I railed against.

UBI will never be enough...

As I said huge cities where everything is free....life would really Really REALLY suck there but it might be the direction we go.

So what did the immigrants do in the late 1800s when they got off the boat. Most worked 16 hours per day to earn just enough for food and a small amount left over. They lived in huge groups...you get a cot as your home, but it is at least dry and out of the elements.

edit on 1-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Trump Foundation, better yet. The one which was ordered to shut down. Remember?

Small potatoes compared to the Clinton's... I never said Trump was smart, so it seems after Whitewater the Clintons broke the code on how to do it right....lol

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

A food line means people aren't starving and the community is working to ensure those that are in need have options.

A food line means people are hungry enough to require assistance for their families. So the community helps its own as it can, when government won't.

Maybe the government should. Hence the point about wages and relief for struggling citizens and families.

But apparently your argument is "They have swollen bellies and no AC in Africa, so even though you can't feed your children or have a job in America you should be thankful you have AC."

Assistance is best provided locally. Government is too disinterested and bureaucratic.

The reality is that there is help for people when they need it. Soup kitchens, food pantries, etc.

My argument is that even the poorest of Americans actually live pretty good when compared to how the rest of the world lives. Most people who are poor in America have not seen real poverty. You have to look at the standard of living.

This is not to say that not being able to pay your bills doesn't suck, but you also have to put things in perspective too.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You anti-Trumpers are pathetic. You're never happy about anything he ever says or does, no matter how good it may be. Here he is acknowledging a disparity within our society, something you all are constantly whining about and you want to nail the guy to the cross for speaking up. You peeps disgust me.

I don't ever remember a President working for free and giving his paycheck back to people in need, do you?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I don't generally click links. I discuss whats in the OP.

Most of my browsing is in a machine i work on. I only browse a couple sites from it. And dont follow links.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

the term living wage will increase that process towards automated systems...

Whatever the the Goverment provides will suck no matter what...its like Goverment cheese...kind of looks like cheese, but doesn't taste or smell like cheese.

Some people work minimum wage jobs, sometimes more than one, and cannot make ends meet/pay rent/feed their families.

That is a problem. Especially in America.

And it's not them, it's the system. Hence living wage.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The reality is that America has virtually no true poverty. The poorest Americans live like the middle and upper middle class in most western countries. If you've traveled out of the country and seen real poverty, you know this to be true.

So real world poverty defined by the World Bank...These are from memory so might not be perfect, but I think everyone gets the point.

Extreme Poverty: Less than 4 bucks a day. Dirt floors, no running water or electricity, no medical, kids do not go to school, one meal or less a day.

Poverty: 4 to 16 bucks per day. limited electricity and running water, male children go to school, limited or no medical. At least one meal a day per family member.

Middle Class: 16 to 64 bucks per day. real floors, electricity, clean running water, some medical, all kids go to school, 3 meals per day per family member, at least a small motor bike as transportation.

Now compare this to Americans...our poorest is well above World Bank standards for Middle Class.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Assistance is best provided locally. Government is too disinterested and bureaucratic.

That's kinda the FN problem, and why local communities step to fill the void.

The reality is that there is help for people when they need it. Soup kitchens, food pantries, etc.

Safety nets also being cut.

Soup kitchens, the new American norm. Isn't that the criticism some have of third world countries or dictatorships on why America is better? But now it's ok, soup kitchens for America, because Trump, so "let them tend to themselves" and if they are hungry so be it, everything else be damned.

Figures.

But if the government can't provide for or help starving American families, they can provide for and help millionaires and corporations?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Or we all turn into lazy POS's in a very short while and the hardcore conservatives are right.

A lot of people would.
But others like me and I think you have more discipline than that. And together with others that feel the same we can help encourage our fellow citizens to not be lazy.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Some people work minimum wage jobs, sometimes more than one, and cannot make ends meet/pay rent/feed their families.

That is a problem. Especially in America.

And it's not them, it's the system. Hence living wage.

As I asked what wage is that? Should ALL jobs be this living wage....only about 2% of the work force actually make min wage. In my state it is set at the state level like most states do and here it is 13 bucks an hour...is that enough?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I live in america and I know what it is like to truly starve. i'm talking weeks without food.

That's the issue here. That golden ticket is a myth. It's not for everyone. Most of us can't even hope for a ticket unless we where born into some kind of wealth to start with.
Most of us will work 9-5 all our lives just to make someone else rich. To give someone else time with their families while we work our time away.

Taxing the super wealthy a high percentage is not as much money as you might think.

It's not just about taxes. I feel the entire economic system of the world needs to change.
Something that does not allow wealth to equal power.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

As I asked what wage is that? Should ALL jobs be this living wage

What is the cost of living in any given state?

That's a start.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I live in america and I know what it is like to truly starve. i'm talking weeks without food.

No way am I going to let you off that easy... starved for weeks, where, why, how? A life time of bad decisions could be the reason, but that would hold you down.

That's the issue here. That golden ticket is a myth. It's not for everyone. Most of us can't even hope for a ticket unless we where born into some kind of wealth to start with.
Most of us will work 9-5 all our lives just to make someone else rich. To give someone else time with their families while we work our time away.

Really? My family had little and I was kind of heading down a bad path, but I join the Air Force as an E1... many years later I live a very comfortable life.

Everyone starts out on the lowest wrong, well except for a very small minority...very small.

Something that does not allow wealth to equal power.

Like what...In Communism Russia those in power had no money, didn't need it, had everything though...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
For most locations, as wages increase, the cost of living increases.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

What is the cost of living in any given state?

That's a start.

What are we talking about... one person, a family of 4, a group of people in a co-op, roommates etc...

WHAT THE F IS THIS COST OF LIVING, lets start there.

I might think that the cost of living for me is a million per year...I have needs you see... hows that for a start?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Th Mormons have a great system...they will take care of you 100%, BUT you are going to work for the church and that work is not easy, so actually working to get a job is better than the church taking care of you.

When you turn 18 mandatory 3 year service in the military or doing public works would be a fine trade of to a ubi. imo.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
And together with others that feel the same we can help encourage our fellow citizens to not be lazy.

Like back in the old days...you don't work you don't eat... How is that for encouragement?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Liquesence
For most locations, as wages increase, the cost of living increases.

Wages remain largely the same, but not adjusted for cost of living increase or adjusted for inflation over time.

That's the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join