It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's A No Good Commie

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I will say that confiscatory levels of taxation are immoral to me

Me to.

But when I weigh that against the moral negative of a society that lets people go hungry when others have much more then they need. My heart defeats me.
I see the negative of taking from the rich to feed the poor as a gain.
It's robinhood it's romantic nonsense I know. But I can't help it.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Or we all turn into lazy POS's in a very short while and the hardcore conservatives are right.

Unless we are special this is what will happen...kind of history in the making...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I believe in hierarchical structures of society.

But if we don't spread power (all forms of it) in ways that make sense we are guaranteed to destroy ourselves with civil war.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

But when I weigh that against the moral negative of a society that lets people go hungry when others have much more then they need. My heart defeats me.
I see the negative of taking from the rich to feed the poor as a gain.
It's robinhood it's romantic nonsense I know. But I can't help it.

Are American's going hungry?...just being born in America you win the golden ticket compared to much of the world. There are 700,000 people living in Portland, OR... there are about 12,000 homeless...those 700,000 could do a hell of a lot as to social support as it once was... Taxing the super wealthy a high percentage is not as much money as you might think.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Yeah, well. I'm a pragmatist.
The bills need to be paid. For armies and walls and stuff.

Or you can just keep writing bad checks. That's a real conservative approach. Don't you think?

The new Roman empire of armies all over does not need to be paid, think of all the things that could of been accomplish right here at home with that money. The continental USA has never be attack since the early 19th century. We can not afford to be the policeman of the world. The founding fathers knew the danger of foreign wars and foreign entanglement. They had seen the dangers and damage of empires.
edit on 1-8-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

link   

Luxury tax is definitely on the table. But we all have to decide what constitutes luxury in America. lol

That's what I was thinking.
Who could even decid that.
For me a luxury is a 30 inch tv.
For a millionaire? A bigger yacht I guess?
But then that seems to effect the poor more as well.
That millionaire has no issue buying 20 tvs but now because of the tax I can't even get one.

What could possibly be fair?
I often wonder what would happen if everyone was allowed to pay whatever they wanted in taxes so long as they paid something. How much money would be brought in?
It would work if we we're also able to decide what our taxes fund. There would be millionaire republicans funding the entire wall. And dem ones funding healthcare. I like to dream.

link   

Let's be fair though, it goes beyond Congress. We have the largest military budget, by far, in the world. And yet if the topic of doing anything other than raising that by even more gets broached the military, contractors, and even people that have no skin in the game get pissed off.

I will say though, it's nice to see so many Left wing platforms getting brought up by Trump supporters all of a sudden.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Yeah. Let's go back 200 years ago or so. When the world was a much bigger place. When there were no missiles, no long range bombers, no satellites. Back when we were all farmers.

Grow up.

edit on 8/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Isn't there something to be said about the morality of setting a baseline in society below which no one can go? That chart that the President posted is pretty striking.

The last time this country saw something like this was during the 1890s into the early 20th century and a lot was created to sort of spread out the hierarchies of the market system we used during the Progressive Era.

Theodore Roosevelt was instrumental in this transformation and if he had not done some of the things he did America might have joined Russia in a communist revolution around the same time.

We are seeing the seeds of that planted now. If we are truly committed to the market at all costs, then we should have no problems losing it to a bloody Bolshevik revolution.

But if we want to preserve it, maybe we should use some of that wealth to see if we can't replicate what Teddy Roosevelt did for America over 100 years ago.

edit on 8 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Are American's going hungry?

Yes.

We see food lines.

Should communities help, or should we just sit back and tax the rich more...

BTW what is the percentage of Americans dying to starvation.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Yes.

We see food lines.

Should communities help, or should we just sit back and tax the rich more...

Communities are helping, since no one else will.

Are the rich in the food lines, the ones going hungry? I think not.

Maybe pay people a living wage, or give proper aid instead of take it away.

BTW what is the percentage of Americans dying to starvation.

What's that to do with families and children going hungry?

Hunger, such a partisan issue.
edit on 1-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

But if we want to preserve it, maybe we should use some of that wealth to see if we can't replicate what Teddy Roosevelt did for America over 100 years ago.

I agree, have no problem with that, but we see what has happened in liberal cities with their so called social systems...
We need to understand there are a good percentage of people in general that would accept a #ty life if all they did was breath to get it free.

Th Mormons have a great system...they will take care of you 100%, BUT you are going to work for the church and that work is not easy, so actually working to get a job is better than the church taking care of you.

Help those who are physically and mentally unable, they rest need to pitch in.

Kind of pisses me off when we suggest taxing the hard workers more to take care of lazy asses...Once again the term lazy asses is not the physically and mentally limited... They need our help 100%...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Charitable contributions are tax deductible.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes.

We see food lines.

Millions of Americans going hungry as pandemic erodes incomes and destroys communities

The COVID-19 crisis has already left too many children hungry in America

Google: Food Lines in America

A food line means people aren't starving and the community is working to ensure those that are in need have options.

The reality is that America has virtually no true poverty. The poorest Americans live like the middle and upper middle class in most western countries. If you've traveled out of the country and seen real poverty, you know this to be true.

There was a thread a day or so ago talking about the floating slum in Nigeria. Favelas in South American countries? Poverty in Caribbean? You'd never see that kind of poverty in the US.

You won't see kids walking around with distended bellies. Eating dogs. Walking around barefoot. Being poor in America means having one car instead of two. Having an refurbished Iphone 6 vs a Iphone 11. The poor still have air conditioning. Running water. Refrigeration. Heat.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I agree, have no problem with that, but we see what has happened in liberal cities with their so called social systems...

There is nothing liberal going on in those cities. I am convinced they've been taken over by communists.

We need to understand there are a good percentage of people in general that would accept a #ty life if all they did was breath to get it free.

They aren't the vast majority of people though. The vast majority of us want more from life than whatever we can scrape from the bottom.

Th Mormons have a great system...they will take care of you 100%, BUT you are going to work for the church and that work is not easy, so actually working to get a job is better than the church taking care of you.

It is my opinion that what government is doing now is going to rapidly accelerate the drive toward automated systems and economics. The interim between today and a fully decentralized machine economy like I've spoke about before has to be filled with something.

While I criticized the UBI heavily in my analysis I could not have given you an honest answer to the following question:

"What do you transition with?"

At the end of the day, a technological society like ours prohibits starting from zero, as doing so puts you in the same economic rung as a tent city dweller in Los Angeles from the get go.

Starting at zero and pulling up the bootstraps means nothing if your competition doesn't wear boots...nor does it tire, or hunger, or want. It's work will eventually pay for itself whilst you and I will always cost something.

The interim period has to be covered by something. I'm not too proud to say that such a "something" is the UBI I railed against.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think too many of you don't look hard enough to see all the things the wealthy do with their money. In any major city, the uber wealthy donate money to museums, libraries, parks, universities, public schools humane societies, soup kitchens, hospitals, operas, etc.

Income inequality is a myth. People move in and out of different income brackets. The brackets are not fixed groups of people. I've been in the top 1% and I've been in the bottom 1%.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Communities are helping, since no one else will.

Not as much as we use too...Goverment subsistence has taken over and that just turns you into a number and not an individual. Anyhow a lot of money goes into feeding people from the fed to the state level. 30 million children get fed at school and get futher food on the weekends... as example.

I think society has gotten lazy...the expectation is for the Goverment to do it all and we know how Governments work, and society is not picking up the slack.

Are the rich in the food lines, the ones going hungry? I think not.

I'm not rich and I don't go hungry either... The rich provide jobs... how many jobs do the poor provide...lol
Behind ever job is someone who created it.

Maybe pay people a living wage, or give proper aid instead of take it away.

Easy to say, but hard to define...what is a living wage? As example is that one person living on their own, or two rooming together pooling their earnings or a group of people living together in synergy. in my 20s back in the 80s I had roommates until I was 30ish as example.

edit on 1-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Charitable contributions are tax deductible.

Donate 50 million and get about 18 million in tax savings...win win...

Even better start your own charity and then dump a lot of money into it for taxes and then use the charity to help support you as part of the over head cost....Call it something like The Clinton Foundation....

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ah the great middle ground argument forever..............

Really, in a fair world, this world would obey the natural order of things because the only thing fair about life is nature. That being said, there are very few of us that would like to be subjected to that.

Maybe we are a test bed for a program that tries to go against the natural order of things? See what happens? Game over...start again.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join