It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump planning on banning social media platform TikTok

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Same, but as tech evolves we are passing the point of no return. Soon every government wil be having backdoors to companies that harvest data.

What can we do?

We can use a vpn maybe... but i doubt a majority of people would do that and if tgey did then governments would be getting a backdoor to those VPN companies if not already.

It seems we lost the privacy fight.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: SaturnFX

You don't see the communist chinese harvesting personal information as a public threat.

I understand now.

Thank you.

You had a bowl chuck full of ad Homs this morning. Wow, impressive.

Let’s get real black and white, are you ok with the government selling weapons to the Saudis

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: SaturnFX

You don't see the communist chinese harvesting personal information as a public threat.

I understand now.

Thank you.

This accusation has been made for most big websites.

so what, shut down the entire internet?

you realize the great firewall is what China does...its not a how to, its a dystopian hellscape you don't encourage

anyhow, how do YOU feel about it?

I don't have the information that Trump has.

Nor do I detest Trump like you do.

So I'll wait until more information becomes avaliable.

We go with the information presented.

How do you shutting down our liberty for safety?

How do you feel about it?

do you have principles or are you waiting to be instructed on how you are meant to think on the subject?

Funny enough btw, I don't detest Trump. I think he was doing a good job right up till around the beginning of this year and arguably would have voted for him.
Now...I would rather vote for a old ham sandwich

I think that Trump is wrong. If people want communists to have their banking information, then they should be free to give it to them. Just like my Nigerian friend who happens to be royalty.

Nor do I think politicians should be able to arbitrarily ban religious exercize or public gatherings unless they're destroying private or federal property.

So I'm pretty consistant, "sport".

Unlike yourself.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I understand now.

Thank you.

You had a bowl chuck full of ad Homs this morning. Wow, impressive.

Let’s get real black and white, are you ok with the government selling weapons to the Saudis

Yep.

I hope they over-charged them as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Here's the list of security flaws discovered by civilian analysts:
research.checkpoint.com...

Here's an article about data outflows from Tik Tok app servers directly to China:

www.cnet.com...

Here's another:

Forbes

There are clear indicators of data outflows directly to Chinese data centers where they terminate.
edit on 8 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

We need to continue to fight for private encryption.

They've been trying to make private encryption weak for decades and every year they get a bit closer.

The day these morons succeed will be the day we lose the fight because the moment you give government the back door to everyone's encryption ciphers encryption is dead. So is e-commerce, banking, or anything at all you'd want to keep secure digitally.
edit on 8 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You can only inform people that they are willingly giving the Chinese communists their personal information.

Just like you should only inform people that viruses spread in large gathering.

But some here think that government should infringe in one case, but not in another.

It's an interesting study actually.

Me?

For good or bad, better or worse, I will always side with more freedom rather than less.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You think they are getting lots of state secrets from the type of user TikTok lures in?

No.

I think they're stealing financial information, spacial data, area mapping, population densities and concentrations, and a whole host of other information.

That type of data is very useful in the event you want to attack another nation. Especially population movements and densities, area mapping, spacial data, tagging and tracking, and many other things that would be useful to the PLA.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If we're supposed to go easy on China for (allegedly) stealing data from everyday Americans...we probably shouldn't have been so angry at Russia for (allegedly) stealing data from Hillary.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

We weren't.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

My issues with TikTok:

- they feed data, often times childrens data, to the CCP. Since the CCP has already shown to have a negative moral compass, i can only thing of the evil they would do.
- Feeding any money or information into a country that is demonstrably worse than the Nazi's makes "never again" seem trivial. When i say Nazi's, this isn't hyperbole. I mean they are demonstrably worse than the actual Nazi's our grandparents died to topple, and the actual Nazi's our grandparents declared "never again" after witnessing the horrors of. Goddammit, im starting to tear up over this im so pissed.
- a platform that can shirk intellectual property laws while US businesses must abide should not be receiving any form of support within our government

Any one who defends the CCP is complete garbage. If this pisses anyone off, screw you.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If I was smart. . . . .

I would buy Chinese phones have TicTok installed, mislead the Chinese with phoney information, and when they download my personal information, I'd make sure it was infested with so many viruses that it'd crash the Chinese systems back to Windows 98.

If I was smart that is. . . . . . .

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If I was smart. . . . .

I would buy Chinese phones have TicTok installed, mislead the Chinese with phoney information, and when they download my personal information, I'd make sure it was infested with so many viruses that it'd crash the Chinese systems back to Windows 98.

If I was smart that is. . . . . . .

you'd have to be smart enough to get their source code so you can install the trojan horse you speak of. There is impossible, then there is something like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Like we don't have spies in China!

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

They'd be easy to spot. With balls that big, they'd walk funny.

You could not pay me enough to try to spy on China from within China.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

They'd be easy to spot. With balls that big, they'd walk funny.

You could not pay me enough to try to spy on China from within China.

My last trip to Hong Kong I had a housekeeper confide in me that she wanted to leave and if I could help her. I put her in touch with American Embassy personnel.

Never knew what happened after that.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
How are all the pedo’s going to get their jollies now?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How are all the pedo’s going to get their jollies now?

Has the Catholic church been banned too ?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well to be fair, Islam is far worse than the Catholic Church with child abuse.
But then again Muslims don’t see a problem sleeping with children.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thats right so pedo's just need religion to get their jollies, they never needed tik tok.

edit on 1-8-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join