It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting kids back to school NOW.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: network dude

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of things but I would like to note that the protests are outdoors while school(s) are mainly indoors.

I'm waiting for the epiphany to happen.

Why not, ..........have some outdoor classes?

Why not..? I think it's the logical choice. Indoors you can't have as many children in attendance anyway due to social distancing.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How can we now be in August, still afraid the virus and many places still on lock down or running with heavy restrictions, and we want to send our kids to school? Im very confused by the duality of those actions. We shouldn’t be on such a lock down if we are about to send kids to school. What about college kids? We think that’s “safe”? If we are worried about a virus then he’ll no. But we aren’t worried when there’s a pro-riot happening?

Which is it?!?!

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well, I think we need to consider the worst possible outcome of each scenario.

Schools re-open - the virus unknowingly spreads among students who then go home and infect the entire household, young and old. Then in a couple of weeks; a spike to end all spikes. Thousands of deaths which could have been easily avoided. Then comes the finger pointing and the "i told you so"s.

Schools do not open for... let's go with a full year - ??? Our youth collectively falls one year behind in their education? Not being a parent myself, I may not be fully qualified to answer this question. But, I would not think any long or short term effects could be as bad as "thousands of deaths". Maybe, their is something i'm missing. But, I really don't know.

Let me just finish with the quote we all know and love; "It's better to be SAFE than SORRY"

edit on 8/2/2020 by Firewater because:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firewater

Schools re-open - the virus unknowingly spreads among students who then go home and infect the entire household, young and old. Then in a couple of weeks; a spike to end all spikes. Thousands of deaths which could have been easily avoided. Then comes the finger pointing and the "i told you so"s.

Schools do not open. For how long? Let's go with a full year - ??? Our youth collectively falls one year behind in their education? Not being a parent myself, I may not be fully qualified to answer that question. But, I would not think any long or short term effects could be as bad as "thousands of deaths". Maybe, their is something i'm missing. But, I really don't know.

Let me just finish with the quote we all know and love; "It's better to be SAFE than SORRY"

Our schools are open here in Japan.
Universities are mostly all online at the moment.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Firewater

Schools do not open. For how long? Let's go with a full year - ??? Our youth collectively falls one year behind in their education? Not being a parent myself, I may not be fully qualified to answer that question. But, I would not think any long or short term effects could be as bad as "thousands of deaths". Maybe, their is something i'm missing. But, I really don't know.

Our schools are open here in Japan.
Universities are mostly all online at the moment.

For how long? Has their been any correlating spike in COVID cases? Is your government honest enough to tell you if their where?

Also, was your countries COVID cases at an all time high (as is the case in the US) when schools opened?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of things but I would like to note that the protests are outdoors while school(s) are mainly indoors.

I'm waiting for the epiphany to happen.

Why not, ..........have some outdoor classes?

Why not..? I think it's the logical choice. Indoors you can't have as many children in attendance anyway due to social distancing.

Well, weather would be a big factor in that. Here in Colorado, daytime temperatures start dropping next month in September and we normally get our first snow the following month, in October.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Besides the kids in school on the campus, they have to get to and from school. I know how kids act on the bus, it's insane, forget about social distancing, or 8 highschoolers in a Honda, how safe is that?

And another thing, adolescents tweens and teens are a raging container of hormones...mother nature wins this game everytime.

To keep your kids even moderately safe, you are going to have to compromise your lifestyle. Or not and gamble. Let the chips fall where they may.

And if and when they bring out a vaccine, will you trust it?

edit on 2-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My kids are going back to school at the end of the month. Face to face by CDC guidelines. I am thinking within a month of wearing masks and having to social distance they will be right back to doing homeschool.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Go to school and get sick

OR

Go to school and get shot

Choose wisely parents.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
since schools have been closed why do I still have taxes for them coming out of my pay check? Where is this money going?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Arnie123

Kids are getting sick, we still know very little about this virus.

could you link to where you get this info from please?

here

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
since schools have been closed why do I still have taxes for them coming out of my pay check? Where is this money going?

You don't get to choose where your tax money is spent.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Your right, so when it goes to schools and they are closed and have been why do I pay the same tax? I get some schools still serve lunch but no education and all that but if that is a fraction of cost of operation and teachers get paid by the same protocol why hasn’t my or your tax been adjusted? Where does that money go?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Opening the schools will be like the summer camp in Georgia.

Hundreds Infected at Georgia Summer Camp

I know there are a lot of people on this site who don't believe in covid 19. I think that it's time to wake up and face the facts that this is a potentially fatal disease. It doesn't care if you believe in it or not.

When the hospitals are overrun, then people will die needlessly. I think that we should all practice caution in how we deal with this.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That money was already spent. Or does your state have a nice cash reserve?

For the coming year a good part of it will go to attempts to make schools as safe as possible.
edit on 8/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
All this "pandemic" nonsense, doesn't justify "T.P.TB." reactions. The constant fear mongering.

The only thing that will be gained by all this is the social engineering and training, to do what you're told, when you're told and how to do it.

So new power/authority gained, is now a "precedent". The best thing from all this BS is that parents actually had to be parents and not send their children off to ''government provided" indoctrination,
"Kindergarten"(child garden). Social public daycare system, so the parents can work and be taxed, to pay the "interest" on loans that the "government" can never pay back.

But oddly enough. A "government" that is $22 trillion in the whole. Can find a "budget" to drill holes in rocks on Mars, bail out car manufacturers, Banks and build bridges to no place...etc.

"Public School" is essential in keeping the farce rolling and a "free people" in, perpetual dept.

Everything T.P.T.B. do or say, is a "catch 22". They lose nothing by being wrong or right. But either way? they profit/gain from it.

And the real "conversation" is held by "the masses" in "forums" that has no meaning.

You will do what you're told! For the good of social order, because you're afraid! And only the "guberment" can protect you!

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
All this "pandemic" nonsense, doesn't justify "T.P.TB." reactions. The constant fear mongering.

The only thing that will be gained by all this is the social engineering and training, to do what you're told, when you're told and how to do it.

So new power/authority gained, is now a "precedent". The best thing from all this BS is that parents actually had to be parents and not send their children off to ''government provided" indoctrination,
"Kindergarten"(child garden). Social public daycare system, so the parents can work and be taxed, to pay the "interest" on loans that the "government" can never pay back.

But oddly enough. A "government" that is $22 trillion in the whole. Can find a "budget" to drill holes in rocks on Mars, bail out car manufacturers, Banks and build bridges to no place...etc.

"Public School" is essential in keeping the farce rolling and a "free people" in, perpetual dept.

Everything T.P.T.B. do or say, is a "catch 22". They lose nothing by being wrong or right. But either way? they profit/gain from it.

And the real "conversation" is held by "the masses" in "forums" that have no meaning.

You will do what you're told! For the good of social order, because you're afraid! And only the "guberment" can protect you!

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sure it will.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just thought you would like to know.

Even though trump wants to send the kids back to school, Barron trump will be home schooled this year. Not even a private school.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I live in the common wealth of Pennsylvania my city Lebanon pa the governor decided to withhold federal money from and school status is still pretty up in the air. lots of bull crap going on in my parts our state representative Russ diamond even called out governor wolfs # and most in the district are calling for him to resign. Pa is as weird or weirder then everyone else’s home state right now

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join