It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting kids back to school NOW.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So, let me get this straight. By you logic, protester's behavior, that you disapprove of, should be the behavioral standard, the low bar that dictates how the government and public schools should regard the health of their students, faculties, staffers and the families thereof?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I work non stop in my shop hasn't shut down. I got a few neighbors and people I know that at this point I don't think will ever go back to work, the claim is, "The benefits are really good I get unemployment for ever and I get to spend more time with the kids" since neighbor is not working now spends all day nit picking things his wife thinks I need to do to the yard and hedges because they don't like it. I still work 12 hour days 5-6 days a week... must be nice

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Kids under age 13 are minimal "spreaders" of Covid-19. That's a fact. They can return to school NOW...just as they have done in other countries.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, let me get this straight. By you logic, protester's behavior, that you disapprove of, should be the behavioral standard, the low bar that dictates how the government and public schools should regard the health of their students, faculties, staffers and the families thereof?

Let me get this straight, you can't see that the point was the hypocrisy of it all?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Open everything back up. This virus is a joke.

155,000 dead Americans is no joke.

www.cdc.gov...

Number of cases with unknown national origin not shown (range = 2–60 per year; median = 7). Total rate includes cases with unknown national origin.

† Rates for non–U.S.-born and U.S.-born persons were calculated using Current Population Survey estimates. Total rate was calculated using U.S. Census Bureau population estimates.

Where were you last year during the tuberculosis tho?
edit on fSaturdayAmerica/Chicago3901699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Its rough my daughter, 16 has been home online. Her father was restationed across the country. All she has is online friends and ber own teenage mind. ( not good dor her) she has been contemplating suicide. Her father got her councling with a therapist that works with teens who are struggling with their gender identity. She needs back to school, get a job, and work through her growth and developme t with a therapist. I love my girl. It is hard to be across the country knowing she is hurting. I am glad she has a great father and step mother. GET HER TO SCHOOL NOW!

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

This is America and we don't run and hide from our enemies.
This virus is our enemy but death is a part of life.
You can run and cower yourself away from your enemy
Give up everything you have that was good to you.
Your home your country your way of life all just to live
a little longer. But you have to stop running and hiding
at some point. And the enemy will still be there waiting.

Science is teaching us fear right now. Deep rotting fear.
Our country our homes our lives and our freedoms are
beginning to rot even as we sit and argue now. Fear is
not what Americans do. Something for science to consider.
Rather than dishonoring all those who sacrificed all that
I just referred to. So that some future cowards could plss
it all away.

I refuse to lock down and I refuse to wear a mask on that
premise. Because that's what Americans do.
edit on 1-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Open everything back up. This virus is a joke.

155,000 dead Americans is no joke.

155k Deaths from a pandemic...
Yeah, thats kind of a joke.

Especially when you consider that the death rate of the country hasn’t increased.

Overall it has gone down across the country. In my state it has quadrupled.

Each state should open depending on their own circumstances.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
is there even a "new" "novel" virus at all? no one has convinced me there is.

even so, i would only send my child to school if it was completely normal...no masks, social distancing, or chemical fumigation of their school several times a day. We know what happens when we sterilize too much....super bugs are created.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Kids under age 13 are minimal "spreaders" of Covid-19. That's a fact. They can return to school NOW...just as they have done in other countries.

Most definitely that is not a fact as you claim. It actually appears that young children are super carriers of covid19.
Keep up mate.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of things but I would like to note that the protests are outdoors while school(s) are mainly indoors.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
and yet no politicizing of these deaths occurred every year they died of similar respiratory illnesses until 2020. You are nothing but a puppet yourself, knowing full well the truth but for the sake of politics, you want to repeat the soundbites as if this is a new phenomenon solely for the purpose of anti-Trumping.

Obvious puppet is obvious.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: carewemust

Most definitely that is not a fact as you claim. It actually appears that young children are super carriers of covid19.
Keep up mate.

No need to even bring that up. People have let their ideology get in the way of their common sense and "science" is a dirty word.

www.forbes.com... fd

www.mayoclinic.org...
edit on 1-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Very logical perspective.

I've no doubt that Trump would be very receptive of that plan and dish out federal funds willingly to help alleviate any negative Economic fallout the states undergo a direct result of the Novel Virus.

In a perfect world....

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Usually a challenge to a claim requires a source, quite frankly I don't agree with the vast majority of your opinions so that is but one reason as well.

Provide a claim and I'll respect that, after I've consumed it and make my own determination of course.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Oh sister, you really don't get any of this do you. I'm just playing the cards the left dealt out. Somehow, sending kids back to school became a political football. Proof in the way you and other lefties were programmed to respond. I'm raising a kindergartner. He's cool and all, but I have sh!t to do, and so does my wife. School is something that allows us to make money. Corona has already screwed up my plans for a good bit of this year. I realize the virus doesn't care, but having a groups of assholes compounding the issues gets a bit old. You are part of that group. Can't you just hate Trump and leave the kids out of this?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of things but I would like to note that the protests are outdoors while school(s) are mainly indoors.

I'm waiting for the epiphany to happen.

Why not, ..........have some outdoor classes?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: lostbook

I'm waiting for the epiphany to happen.

Why not, ..........have some outdoor classes?

"Being outside gives you covid" ( I did that in my best robot voice kind of like J P needs metal legs.., please sit on my face. from grandmas boy)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

link

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
We have this going on now. Looking at the big picture, parents who both work, one of them will now need to stay home and watch their kids to homeschool, forcing families to reduce household income.

news.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join