It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting kids back to school NOW.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Protest good

School bad

lol

The right to protest against government tyranny is in the Constitution. The government's right to force children to attend an unsafe public school during a national health emergency is not.

But the right to worship is OK to remove? Which rights are more equal?

Nobody "removed" anyone's right to worship. What has been upset is everyone's right to peaceful assembly, not just the religious. The religious can take comfort in knowing that they are among good company in that.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Did you really just say that? Do you actually believe this? Or just trolling? Deny Ignorance

Why don't you ask the OP if he really meant, and actually said this...

Since the riots/peaceful protests have been happening, we hear that no spike in corona virus cases follows those events...
(snip)...opening schools will be a safe and prudent thing to do.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
NISD sent out their emails on this issue.

We are opting in for, "In Person learning model".

The only way to defeat a *Novel virus is simply to muddle through it, practice social distancing measures and keep working.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The CDC thinks schools should open. They are the experts, right?

CDC warns Congress of 'significant public health consequences' if schools don't reopen in the fall

The head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Congress on Friday of "significant public health consequences" if schools don't reopen in the fall.

Millions of children get nutritional and mental health services at schools, CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield told a House Select Subcommittee hearing on containing the coronavirus outbreak. He said school reopenings to be done "smartly."

"It's important to realize that it's in the public health's best interest for K-12 students to get back into face-to-face learning," Redfield testified. "There's really very significant public health consequences of the school closure."

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

In total, the virus attacked 

I've noticed this use of the word 'attacked' in regards to the coronavirus. The coronavirus doesn't attack anything, viruses don't 'attack' anything. They just kinda float along, merge themselves with your DNA, replicate and cause problems just by existing in your body.

Attack implies coordinated intentional action.
Using words like attack frames this virus as some kind of cognisant entity we must wage war with.

Language is important. I've never heard of flu virus being described as 'attacking' your lungs or the AIDS virus as 'attacking' your immune system. The flu virus infects the lungs and the AIDS virus suppresses the immune system.

Notice, the passive terminology vs the active terminology being used to describe covid in most news articles.
edit on 1/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sending kids back to school sounds like a good plan. Kids know how to keep a safe distance and use proper protocols.

www.ajc.com...

edit on 1-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

that is good news. Our system is remote for the first session. So someone not only has to be home, they have to be a teacher.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

School activities are more like Trump's rallies, which have been proven to be super spreader events, than the protests, which haven't as yet been proven to be super spreader event.

We should treat school opening the same way we treat the coordination of Trump rallies, RNC conventions.

Id like to hear the difference between a Trump rally and a protest. Could you break that down for us and show us how they differ?

LOL Just the obvious starters.

Rallies are held inside, where people are sitting or standing very close to one another for long periods of time.
Protests are held outside, and people have the ability to move around and potentially keep social distances.

Also, most of the protesters wore masks, whereas most attendees of Trump's rallies do not.
There must have been an epic turn out at the rally. Trump is uber popular. He will win in November for sure!, Oh wait, I heard some folks giggling about how low the turn out was there and how that meant Byden all the way. Why does it work both way for you?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

More children, educators and staffers will be filling schools than fans filling seats at Trump's rallies. Don't you agree?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Great, let the kids go to school and bring back the chinaflu to their folks. Just like the ordinary flu or colds.

I think the CDC must have an ulterior motive for recommending kids going back to school.

www.cdc.gov...

No way in hell, Id let my kids go back to school if I had any!! Gonna be a death sentence for many teachers as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Sending kids back to school sounds like a good plan. Kids know how to keep a safe distance and use proper protocols.

www.ajc.com...

fear monger much? Remain deaf, dumb and blind, for those of us who care for the well being of our Children, they weather this virus mucn better then adults.

You've stated multiple times that you're glad you don't have kids, which means you're ill experienced to understand from a parents perspective.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Because schools are over-priced corrupt s#itholes that are more focused on teaching your child social issues than educating them.

Most of you should be glad that the public school systems are going down. More will realize that funding should follow the child and then you can enroll them in a school of your choice that actually educates your kids instead of indoctrinating them into the leftest social collective.

Man, don't let this opportunity go to waste. Get rid of the corrupt public school system and get better.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Until we know that large crowds full of people spitting, screaming, and throwing sh!t is dangerous, we need to let school continue. See, even if you are outside, the droplets of your spit carry the virus, and really don't give a rats ass that they are outside. And what I saw was tens of thousands of protesters peacefully throwing Molotov cocktails and fireworks at buildings while screaming and spitting on each other. And no, not all of them had masks on. there wasn't even a hall monitor checking.

So as I said, I really can't be both ways. But you try your little CNN heart out to make it that way.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Great, let the kids go to school and bring back the chinaflu to their folks. Just like the ordinary flu or colds.

I think the CDC must have an ulterior motive for recommending kids going back to school.

www.cdc.gov...

No way in hell, Id let my kids go back to school if I had any!! Gonna be a death sentence for many teachers as well.

You're not a parent and quite frankly your opinions are moot on the subject, as we have children, recieved the notice from NISD and know plenty of people wanting to do Opt In.

So your "ulterior motive" just sounds like your usual conspiracies you fall for.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

www.cdc.gov...

You're not a parent and quite frankly your opinions are moot on the subject, as we have children, recieved the notice from NISD and know plenty of people wanting to do Opt In.

So your "ulterior motive" just sounds like your usual conspiracies you fall for.

I'm fairly familiar with children, schools and school systems. After I left univ. I taught Jr. High for a semester and a JC for a year, and bailed. I don't particularity like kids from that experience. I don't care what you do...send them back or do what ever you think best.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

www.cdc.gov...

I'm fairly familiar with children, schools and school systems. After I left univ. I taught Jr. High for a semester and a JC for a year, and bailed. I don't particularity like kids from that experience. I don't care what you do...send them back or do what ever you think best.
I'm sorry, that's not the same, respectfully, just stick to your lane.

As Parents, we're the ones having to deal with these issues, I think we know what's best.

Especially when you consider at home online school a failure, as many parents don't enforce it as a result of work and general social issues.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why educate people anyways? no one really wants to work or think for themselves anyways corona virus pays the bills.

To be honest we should elect the corona to lead us this year, already pretty much does it now.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Open everything back up. This virus is a joke.

155,000 dead Americans is no joke.

When every death of a person with covid is deemed a "covid death", irrespective of the factors involved, and the true cause, the statistics are also a joke.

If someone is suffering from other gealtg issues, such as a compromised immune system, is it really a covid death?

If the common flu statistics were compiled the exact same way, they would not be dissimilar.

I know that the virus is serious, but they are playing with the numbers, and I hate being lied to.
edit on 812020 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Why educate people anyways? no one really wants to work or think for themselves anyways corona virus pays the bills.

To be honest we should elect the corona to lead us this year, already pretty much does it now.

Actually I love my job and I'm at work now. I often let "corona" affect my thinking after a 12pk.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I have no dog in the fight of kids going back to school, so it doesn’t affect me but...
Here is a woman who needs her kids to get back to school ASAP

*****Caution...Very Strong Language*****

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join