It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Anthony Fauci Must Be Fired (2005 Chloroquine Study) ....updated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's not a study that's an article.

Where's the study?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: projectvxn

Effective, in vitro. Yes. That's what it says.

What do you think in vitro means Phage?

Evidence is evidence so what are you arguing?
edit on 8 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What do you think in vitro means Phage?

It means in a test tube. Cell cultures.

Not in vivo.
edit on 8/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
I don't think highly of Fauci myself and find him to be a 'compromised expert' of whom his words mean nothing as he has spoken from both sides of his mouth often enough.

That said, it could conceivably be done by President Trump I'd imagine. My question is why does Trump keep him around? Makes me wonder about Trump.

If you haven’t picked up on it yet Trump believes in keeping your enemies closer. Personally, I don’t get it. But most assuredly that has been his strategy this while time. Maybe this is how he drains the swamp?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You seem to think it means "irrelevant".

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just Hydroxychloroquine on its own then,Are there any ongoing with the Hydroxy/zinc/ Azithromycin protocol Phage ?, That seems to be the one that many doctors are getting good results from, cheers, a reply to: Phage

edit on 1-8-2020 by themove1904 because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You seem to be putting words in my mouth.

In vitro testing can be an important first step. But it is only that.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

www.nejm.org...

That's a study to test hcq after exposure.

After.

You know what they found? People get exposed to COVID19 tend to show it even if given Hydroxychloroquine 4 days after exposure.

Here's an analysis:

NIH

This study had several important limitations, including:

Initiation of therapy was delayed for at least 3 days after exposure to SARS-CoV-2 in the majority of participants.
Only 15% of participants who reached the primary outcome had SARS-CoV-2 infection confirmed by molecular diagnostics.
The study population was young (with a median age of 40 years) and consisted of participants who had a relatively low risk of severe COVID-19.
It is notable that while high doses of hydroxychloroquine were associated with an increase in the frequency of adverse events, the reported adverse events were mostly mild, with no serious events reported.

edit on 8 1 2020 by projectvxn because: grammar spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You know what they found? People get exposed to COVID19 tend to show it even if given Hydroxychloroquine within 4 days after exposure.

Yes, I know. The study shows that it doesn't seem to have prophylaxis value. However, the monkey cell culture test with chloroquine indicated it might. See, the difference?

See why clinical trials are necessary? Why relying on in vitro studies only gets you so far?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

After exposure. After.

edit:
Days after.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

One does not become infected immediately upon exposure.
Did you read the monkey cell study in your OP?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Dr. due facce is exposing himself and Trump is calling it BS !!!!
🤣🤣

Wrong! We have more cases because we have tested far more than any other country, 60,000,000. If we tested less, there would be less cases. How did Italy, France & Spain do? Now Europe sadly has flare ups. Most of our governors worked hard & smart. We will come back STRONG!

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Medical Studies Support MDs Prescribing Hydroxychloroquine for Early Stage COVID-19 and for Prophylaxis

This study is a 10.9 MB pdf file. It is 248 pages and contains studies from around the world.

The safety of HCQ is irrefutable. The evidence supporting HCQ efficacy against Covid-19 is also overwhelming. All negative HCQ studies have used either: too much, used it alone (it needs Zinc), or used it late (it should be early.) The treatment dose is 200 mg HCQ twice a day for five days + Zinc 50 (elemental) daily. The prophylactic dose is 400 mg HCQ weekly + Zinc 50 (elemental) daily. (There are studies right now to see if HCQ 200 mg. weekly is sufficient.) This is very low dose. (The usual dose of HCQ in Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis is 400 mg. daily for years.) There are telemedicine physicians who are aware of the facts and if you are concerned about this, please see one. It is also over the counter in many places in the world including Indonesia and most of South America.

American Frontline Doctors

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yes I did.

It is a perfectly rational criticism of this study that you're ignoring.

In order for something to be a prophylactic it must be already present.

Administering hydroxychloroquine after 4 days of exposure in what is a typical 14 day incubation period is a long time. You need something that can prevent connection with the ACE2 receptor before hand not after.

Hydroxychloroquine is thought to impair the terminal glycosylation of the angiotensin-converting–enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptor, which is the binding site for the envelope spike glycoprotein and has been shown to inhibit endolysosome function.2,4 In addition, hydroxychloroquine may have greater in vitro activity against SARS-CoV-2 than chloroquine.3

I'm not saying I'm right here. I'm saying that's a big ass flaw in the study among their chosen participants and other factors as listed in the analysis I posted.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Yeah. Stella. We know about her.
gizmodo.com...

No, I'm not going to download that massive gish gallop.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

WOW JUST WOW

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It is a perfectly rational criticism of this study that you're ignoring.

The in vitro study showed effects before and after infection.

Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection.

The in vivo study showed no such effect.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The study you posted had the vast majority of participants delayed 3 to 4 days before being given their first dose after exposure. That's not prophylaxis. There was no hcq present for 4 days after exposure.

That's 30% of the incubation period man.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The drug is supposed block the ace2 receptor and prevent the COVID protein spike from making a connection and depositing genetic material.

It can't do that if the drug isn't already there to prevent it.

Maybe the drug needs to be present before you infect someone.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join