It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If COVID Safety Protocols are Followed Who is Responsible If I Catch It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes Im 54 but if i was 35 and my 6 boys all young still a computer and homeschooling it would be .
Im am a Louse teacher But sure could have layed down the law No nothing untill the work has been done and approved .

sadly out of 6 two were born with mental defects downssindrem like .
But that another story .

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Only you or the people you interface with are responsible. You make the decision to go into a store, walk through crowds, wash your packages and groceries or not.

And really, do you really need the CDC or the government to tell you masks work or not? It is quite easy to research that. Masks at best cut down on large particle droplets which cause much of the infection. They are not a gas mask. If viral particles are floating in the air, that mask will not do much to keep you from getting it.

What masks do is lower that viral discharge from large particles which in itself is a great deal of infectious particles. Masks do lower the particles you emit through sneezing, coughing, etc by 70%'ish. So, masks work for that but not for fine airborne particles. Those fine particles can linger for hours by the way.

That appears to be the "facts", and those things are recommended, that is of course until the protocols are mandatory and at that point it has become law. Then what? Will it get to the point where once you have been confirmed as positive, you run the risk of legal repercussions? Will there be corona colonies like for people that had leprosy? The blame is beginning to be laid upon the victims from what I've been seeing on the media.
edit on 1-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
Not these guys apparently

Is this for real? Where can I find these?
edit on 1-8-2020 by SourGrapes because: Cleaned up quote

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: Brotherman
If I were to blame anyone I blame everyone else's dirty ass germ factory kids and their spoiled snotty noses and booger fingers touching everything

That is a good point, because from my experience, kids are a germ factory, however, the "experts" are claiming the kids are far less likely to get it and spread it. Another conflict in the current "facts" concerning this virus, but it helps the agenda to get kids back in school, under the "proper" protocols of course.

If this is any indication; If I had kids, I wouldn't let them go to school. Kids don't follow no "proper" Protocols, they're like wild animals until they reach 2o yrs of age. Schools are just glorified Baby sitters while the parents are out trying to make a living.

www.wfla.com...

www.texasmonthly.com...

Good links, thanks. Here some quotes . . .

ATLANTA (NEXSTAR) — A new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention details a large coronavirus outbreak at an overnight camp in Georgia that resulted in 260 sick campers and staffers. Researchers say this seems to indicate children are susceptible to COVID-19 and have the ability to spread it.

Texas Kids Got COVID-19 at Summer Camp. Is School Next? Camp Pine Cove adopted a number of safety precautions to prevent the coronavirus’s spread. It still came.

Now who should I believe? The CDC is saying that such outbreaks are due to children spreading it. I should see where that opposing report came from. Will edit with info momentarily.

Well I'll be damned, it was a CDC report . . .

Based on these early studies, children of all ages are at risk for COVID-19; however, complications of COVID-19 appear to be less common among children compared with adults based on limited reports from China16 and the U.S.4,18 In children, SARS-CoV-2 may have more affinity for the upper respiratory tract (including nasopharyngeal carriage) than the lower respiratory tract.16

CDC Link

From the LA Times article "Will children spread COVID-19 if they go back to school" . . .

Data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that, through May 30, the incidence of COVID-19 was 51.1 cases per 100,000 children under 10 and 117.3 cases per 100,000 kids and young adults between the ages of 10 and 19. Both of those figures were well below the nationwide figure of 403.6 cases per 100,000 Americans.

LA Times Link

From CNBC . . .

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Robert Redfield, said Wednesday there’s no evidence that children drive the spread of the coronavirus. But that’s likely because the U.S. hasn’t tested enough kids to know one way or the other. “We really don’t have evidence that children are driving the transmission cycle of this,” Redfield said at a White House Task Force briefing to address school reopenings. It’s a point that was also cited at a White House event Tuesday on school reopenings by American Academy of Pediatrics President Sally Goza, who said, “Children are less likely to become infected and they are less likely to spread infection.”

CNBC Link
edit on 1-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This discussion has become very useful for me. I thank all those who put their two cents in, even if it was non-cents.

edit on 1-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the camp the teen age counselors wore masks the children did not....they were bunched up in the cabins and the air flow was not good....should have opened windows and had more fresh air in the cabins...yes children can catch it they said many had fevers and felt sick

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
the camp the teen age counselors wore masks the children did not....they were bunched up in the cabins and the air flow was not good....should have opened windows and had more fresh air in the cabins...yes children can catch it they said many had fevers and felt sick

I'm sure the CDC knows all that, that's why they had to admit children get sick and spread it. Yet they also say kids aren't getting it much and aren't really spreading it, making it seem like sending kids back to school is OK, with the "proper" protocols in place. The same protocols they are constantly changing with preference given to those that allow in person schooling (esp. by those who want schools to open). I have to question this.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would also like to blame mosquitos, they are bastards. Damn you insects damn you all to firey hell.

(CDC probably says they don't carry disease anymore kind of like influenza disappeared)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just go with the best information out there and hope for the best.
all safety measures is just to help against getting the bug...nothing is foolproof and its sadly just part of life. Avoid unnecessary risks.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you send your kids to school, could you live with the guilt if they get sick and die, or if they bring it home and a family member gets it and dies or has other complications.

Ultimately, that's the question, isn't it?

edit on 1-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If you send your kids to school, could you live with the guilt if they get sick and die.

Ultimately, that's the question, isn't it?

Yes, that is the question. Who would be culpable if you followed the established protocols in your school system and your children got sick, then grandma got sick and then you lose a family member or two as well as having to go the hospital yourself. Is it your fault? Is it the children's fault? Is it the school's fault? Or is it an, "Oh well, we have no control over this virus, we're all in this together." kind of deal?
edit on 1-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Just go with the best information out there and hope for the best.
all safety measures is just to help against getting the bug...nothing is foolproof and its sadly just part of life. Avoid unnecessary risks.

I can totally relate to this post of course, but when the officials contradict their information, can there really be any information that is the "best" to go by?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

originally posted by: tjack
Not these guys apparently

Is this for real? Where can I find these?

Oh yes it's for real, it's what they gave us to use at the office, I'm not sure where they sourced them. Comforting, no? They are made in China of course. I imagine similar disclaimers are to be seen on similar products, but what it boils down to, for me is, if I want to go into a store and buy stuff, I have to wear the "costume", because that's all it amounts to, but yay it makes us all feel better. Ok, whatever. The nonsense will end someday and we'll all be smarter and stronger for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Only you are to blame. It's a matter of natural selection. If your genes are so bad that you die from it, while others experience a mild cold, you die for the good of the species. It's your own damn fault.

I've been looking for a place to post this. Listen to Dr. Carlin.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

OUTSTANDING!

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I find this statement I quoted earlier particularly interesting . . .

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Robert Redfield, said Wednesday there’s no evidence that children drive the spread of the coronavirus. But that’s likely because the U.S. hasn’t tested enough kids to know one way or the other. “We really don’t have evidence that children are driving the transmission cycle of this,” Redfield said at a White House Task Force briefing to address school reopenings.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. They haven't tested enough kids to provide any evidence if they do or do not drive the spread of the virus. Yet somehow this means that its OK to stick the kids in school. They should have said, "We don't know if children drive the spread."

American Academy of Pediatrics President Sally Goza, who said, “Children are less likely to become infected and they are less likely to spread infection.”

Where does this Sally Goza get her information? The CDC?

Many officials like Dr. Fauci require a number of double blind peer reviewed studies to confirm the effectiveness of hydroxy treatments and yet it is OK to speculate with no evidence when children may be at risk then present this as "fact". Then to turn around and say it seems like kids are spreading it in reference to outbreaks in Georgia and Texas, something no one is paying attention to apparently.

The more I think about all this crap the more pissed off I'm getting. None of this makes any sense and it will have dire consequences if it continues.

edit on 2-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Cool video. George was a filthy old bugger, love the potty mouth.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Our susceptibility to illness and disease is part and parcel of the human condition... no fault, just the nature of the beast. Illness and disease come from Mother Nature.

However, there is much that we can do to nurse and nurture our own bodies to strengthen and fortify our natural immune systems (also part of the nature of the human beast), to minimize adverse outcomes.

It is no one's fault if someone becomes ill from CoVid. It is our own fault if we fail to do our own due diligence to protect and tend to our bodies. And it's our own foolishness if we neglect our responsibility to ourself and expect/demand others to do better for us than we do for ourselves.

"Our susceptibility to illness and disease is part and parcel of the human condition" - Quite true

"Illness and disease come from Mother Nature" - Not necessarily, esp. in this case.

"It is no one's fault if someone becomes ill from CoVid. It is our own fault if we fail to do our own due diligence to protect and tend to our bodies." - So it's no one's fault but it's our fault? Then it must be our fault, Right?

If I follow the "rules" (and I do), is it still MY fault? If it isn't my fault for getting sick, then who is to blame? Fate? Mother Nature? Or the bastards who really caused this mess?
edit on 2-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

"It is no one's fault if someone becomes ill from CoVid. It is our own fault if we fail to do our own due diligence to protect and tend to our bodies." - So it's no one's fault but it's our fault? Then it must be our fault, Right?

If it's raining outside and you refuse to take an umbrella and your hair gets wet, it's not your fault that it's raining... but it's your fault you didn't take proper precautions and measures to keep your hair dry.

If there's a virus going around (not your fault) but you haven't taken proper care of your body and/or you do not properly nurse your body, that's your fault.

If I follow the "rules" (and I do), is it still MY fault?

Whose rules? Mother Nature's rules? The doctor's rules? The governor's rules? Technically speaking, if the rules are really rules, then following those rules will keep you well... so your first challenge is to determine who really makes the rules (Mother Nature) and exactly what those rules really are (which we cannot know).

If it isn't my fault for getting sick, then who is to blame? Fate? Mother Nature? Or the bastards who really caused this mess?

If you must assign "fault," then ultimately yes, it's Mother Nature. Even if the virus was manipulated by man, Mother Nature made it possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't know Boadicea, just because Mother Nature created viruses before we played with them doesn't mean nature is responsible for this one after researchers pushed the virus to infect human tissues. But I understand better where you are coming from.

To paraphrase your analogy, Mother Nature makes it rain, if you get wet in the rain it's your fault for not using an umbrella. It's your fault when you were hoping not to get wet without one.

But what if you do use a rain coat and umbrella and still get wet anyway? You'd get pissed for buying an outfit and umbrella that didn't did keep you dry as it was advertised to do. Can you be blamed for believing the rain gear manufacturer that their products work, or can you blame the manufacturer for shoddy products and false advertising? In such a case I'd want my money back from the manufacturer, even if I bitched at Mother Nature for making it rain.
edit on 2-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join