It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Isaias

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
Been on the east coast of Florida almost my whole life have been through them all. It's not easy rebuilding a city. Panama City is really nothing like the rest of Florida, kinda strange to judge a state by 1 tourist town. I've never in my life met a Floridian that actually wanted to move to Cali. The treasure coast is beautiful especially the beaches, it's very laid back. Cali is a different world have been there a few times visiting family and of course they are family that think there better than everyone, the Cali way.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Ok, thank you for contributing, I'm sure your post will help others, keep them informed and safe.

Just curious do you just like get random urges to bash Trump no matter what the thread is about? Do you have no impulse control? If you have a problem with the NOAA make your own thread about it. This is about hurricane Isaias and members keeping others informed about current weather conditions and staying safe.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Buzzfeed has some interactive maps that show projected tropical storm and hurricane force winds.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
2pm update.
BULLETIN
Hurricane Isaias Intermediate Advisory Number 18A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL092020
200 PM EDT Sat Aug 01 2020

...ISAIAS EMERGING OVER THE STRAITS OF FLORIDA...
...EXPECTED TO APPROACH THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF FLORIDA TONIGHT

Not much change as it's only been a few hours

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
Thank you for that, I checked it out and it appears they get all there maps and images straight from NOAA, even says it under each pic. BuzzFeed definitely has more information to read. NOAA is mainly maps and advisories and it doesn't have ads or pop ups. I also like how BuzzFeed broke everything down and also touched base on covid testing sites.

edit on 8/1/2020 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Some footage as it went through the islands
edit on 8/1/2020 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
BULLETIN
Tropical Storm Isaias Advisory Number 19
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL092020
500 PM EDT Sat Aug 01 2020

...ISAIAS WEAKENS TO A TROPICAL STORM...
...EXPECTED TO RE-STRENGTHEN TO A HURRICANE OVERNIGHT WHILE IT
APPROACHES THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF FLORIDA.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The only preperation I did todeay was clean out the gutters. The next time I replace the roof I am taking them down. Why they hell were gutters put on this house anyway. It is Florida.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Uh oh.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lol, 70mph maximum. That's funny. I may break out the old longboard with my sheet on a pole, to go wind skating.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP
lmfao. I used to do it with roller blades when I was younger, was alot of fun, completely forgot about that.

The winds are obviously not a big concern, it's the flooding I'm worried about in my area. But it's moving pretty quick and I have an SUV. Honestly I'm bored, just waiting for it to come through, hopefully get some good pics and hope nobody gets hurt.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Bah, it didn't even rain here. Good waves though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join