It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Experts warn against wearing masks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: fernalley

It's interesting that the same people I see everyday working at retail establishments have never worn a mask, and are always there.

And they're not all young people either.

Even when the Chicago area was a covid-19 hotspot.

Our Concrete biz owners wife whom worked in a nursing home came down with it and was sick. They both self isolated and she recovered. An elderly friend came home from Mynamar was called in to test from tracking on that flight. Both he and his wife tested positive but had no symptoms. Both also had underlying health concerns.
Any one I knew in retail went on covid support and now wearing masks to work.

Our cashiers in stores seem to be all behind plexiglass now. Just saw a pic of a snake lineup into Ikea with everyone wearing masks and spaced out. I guess the masks are not enough.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So what is this POS masking the nasty human germ a phobe
insanity here to stay because politics?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Pretty much lol

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: FinallyAwake

What about the millions of health experts that have to wear them all day

Surgical masks are meant to be used by SURGEONS in a sterile environment.

They also train themselves constantly not to touch it unless they are putting them on or taking them off.

There is a huge difference between that and some scrub walking around walmart or whatever fooling with it constantly and rebreathing any and all germs in the fibers.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is why it's silly for the general public to be mandated to wearing masks. I see older gents pull out masks that were right next to their snot rags from their back pockets, and put them on their face when mandated. The masks are wrinkled, dirty and full of all kinds of germs. I see females dig down in their purses and pulled out muddled, wadded up masks and put them on their faces. I see people from all walks pull masks from the front pocket of their pants and put them on. I'd wager over 70% are NOT washing their masks on any regular basis if at all. They only have them in order to follow the rules. Point is, it's not protecting anyone from anything if you're wearing a contaminated mask.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to: StoutBroux

Guilty!

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
It is amazing how many people can't even wear a surgical mask the right way around!
The coloured side should face outward.....the white side inward.

The coloured side is water proof.....the inside is absorbent.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
I saw someone remove their mask to sneeze yesterday lol.
They sneezed into their hand and then put the mask back on and then touched things.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Did you notice the term "healthcare workers" in the article? How about the mask specification? The mask and respirator are designed to do a certain job under controlled conditions. The load of crap being handed to us by the media and local governments is totally different. There are no specific definitions of what a "mask" is. There's no instructions on donning or removal. There's no specifications for cleaning or decontamination of re-usable masks or disposal of single use masks. I can go on and on. I was at a store yesterday looking at a rack of reusable masks. Several of them had tags on them saying "Machine wash cold water, line dry". I was watching two girls try them on and put them back on the rack.
Another thing is that the medical grade masks are designed to allow for a certain amount of air flow through the mask. Some of the ones for sale are printed and the ink is blocking the flow of air through the mask. This will cause high CO2 levels and low O2 levels.

These studies are being conducted with MEDICAL GRADE mask, not the crap that we are being told that it is OK to use.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join