It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Confiscate Man's Firearm After Anon. "Antifa" Members Accuse Him of Being a "Racist"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Shouldn't he actually, oh I don't know, do something first??

Thought crimes are a thing now?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Andrew Richard Casarez, 27, has been under investigation since December ”regarding graffiti which appeared to be motivated by hate/race” and became the subject of an emergency gun violence protective order after an online website identified him as an online poster in white supremacy sites known as “Vic Mackey,” the purported leader of a group known as the “Bowl Patrol.”

“The ‘Bowl Patrol’ is an online group that endorses violence against minorities, they take their name from known domestic terrorist (Dylann) Roof who is known for killing 9 people at a prayer meeting in South Carolina,” according to a sheriff’s declaration filed in Sacramento Superior Court. “Roof is known in the white supremacists movement for having a ‘bowl cut haircut.’”

“On his podcast, he boasted about his alleged connection to Robert Bowers, who is charged with the deadly shooting of 11 people inside the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh in 2018,” the Huffington Post reported, adding that Casarez “has made a point to brag about real-world crimes in his area.”

www.sacbee.com...

I can’t wait to see you twist yourself up in knots doubling down defending this guy.

You’ve picked the wrong guy to champion sunshine.

Being an @$$hole isn't really grounds for having your property confiscated.

If he didn't commit a crime he shouldn't just have his property seized, guns or any other property. If he did commit one he should be charged.

The left has lost their mind because rioters got arrested, but taking property from people that didn't commit a crime is being applauded as some kind of victory.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Better we wait until he kills someone, I guess?

There is more to the "red flag" laws than some are willing to acknowledge. He'll get his weapons back.

edit on 8/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

How about his alleged connection to Robert Bower?

Could be a load of rubbish, but could be a lot more than we have been told.

Either way, the claim he was arrested just for being a racist is utter bs.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There is a significant lack of logic in California and California's enforcement of "laws." If this had happened in a state that isn't a political #hole, I would likely agree with you... but a firearm owner being railroaded in California, with whatever excuse used by Californian authorities to justify it, is in line with every other example of ridiculous bullcrap that state has infested the nation with over the past 3 decades.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Was he arrested?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I swear I read he was..

Nope, no charges laid.

My bad.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Better we wait until he kills someone, I guess?

We can apply that to anybody. Speech that isn't popular, is racist, or just plain disgusting, doesn't mean the person is a threat. The affidavit in that article includes a bunch of BS about people being violent when doxed, increased racial tension, and COVID as factors in the decision. It's an abuse of power.

There is more to the "red flag" laws than some are willing to acknowledge. He'll get his weapons back.

Will he get them back? Is he going to stop being a racist? Is he going to stop thinking what he thinks? If he's transmitting plans or encouraging others to commit crime he should be prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Will he get them back?

Unless there is a request to extend the order, and the judge agrees, yes.
After 21 days.

b) A court may, after notice and a hearing, renew a gun violence restraining order issued under this chapter if the petitioner proves, by clear and convincing evidence, that paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 18175 continue to be true.
(c) In determining whether to renew a gun violence restraining order issued under this chapter, the court shall consider evidence of the facts identified in paragraph (1) of subdivision (b) of Section 18155 and any other evidence of an increased risk for violence, including, but not limited to, evidence of any of the facts identified in paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 18155.
(d) At the hearing, the petitioner shall have the burden of proving, by clear and convincing evidence, that paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 18175 are true.
(e) If the renewal petition is supported by clear and convincing evidence, the court shall renew the gun violence restraining order issued under this chapter.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov...

Orders are not granted to anonymous complainants, btw. That's not the way it works. In fact, until September 1st, only law enforcement officials or immediate family members can request one.
edit on 8/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Will he get them back?

Unless there is a request to extend the order, and the judge agrees, yes.
After 21 days.

b) A court may, after notice and a hearing, renew a gun violence restraining order issued under this chapter if the petitioner proves, by clear and convincing evidence, that paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 18175 continue to be true.
(c) In determining whether to renew a gun violence restraining order issued under this chapter, the court shall consider evidence of the facts identified in paragraph (1) of subdivision (b) of Section 18155 and any other evidence of an increased risk for violence, including, but not limited to, evidence of any of the facts identified in paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 18155.
(d) At the hearing, the petitioner shall have the burden of proving, by clear and convincing evidence, that paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 18175 are true.
(e) If the renewal petition is supported by clear and convincing evidence, the court shall renew the gun violence restraining order issued under this chapter.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov...

Orders are not granted to anonymous complainants, btw.

So, based on the language you cited the questions are still relevant. Will he stop being a racist? Will he stop thinking the way he does?

Does he need to wait for racial tensions and COVID to stop as those were used in the affidavit? Is he no longer going to be doxed?
edit on 8/1/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

he probably is going to be more inclined to actually do something now along with his other neo Nazi friends for this act of oppression, when will people learn that being overly aggressive towards certain opinions drives extremism and spreads paranoia where it wasn't before? do people still not get the true reason behind freedom of speech? its to prevent rebellion by giving people a voice, when you start doing petty acts of revenge to silence people for hateful opinions its only going to make them more angry, more paranoid and more likely to act out with violence.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Time to throw down the gloves & fight fire with fire.

Antifreaks are obviously mentally unstable, so how about that Baker Act? Let's git 'er dun.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Crazy they were able to do this but.....
The moral of the story is don’t post your racist rhetoric online or better yet, don’t be a racist at all.
Maybe it was overreach but I don’t have any sympathy for a real racist.

We're Americans. We can be racist if we want. We can hate who we want.
It's not illegal..

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Say it with me now

Registration
Leads
To
Confiscation

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
So they took a racist extremists gun away so he didnt use it to hurt anyone?

How is this a bad thing?

Let's take your car and license away because you might fall asleep at the wheel or worse, get drunk and plow through a group of kids waiting for a bus.

Sound ok to you? Sounds ok to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: RazorV66

Shouldn't he actually, oh I don't know, do something first??

Thought crimes are a thing now?

According to the Left they are if you disagree with them.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36
OK. I'll say it...
Those dang neo nazi, white supremacist Hispanics are the real problem in this country! The guys name is Andrew Casarez. I could be mistaken but Casarez (especially living in Cali) is most likely NOT going to look like your typical skin head. Lol

Now that we've got that out of the way, I know zero about the guy. He might be the most racist person to ever walk the planet BUT unless he has committed a crime (a felony, not misdemeanor), confiscation of his weapon should not be allowed by any judge or sheriff in this country. But, again, we are taking about Cali here.

Thank you!!! I was just about to chime in and say this. I highly doubt a hispanic person is leading a neo-nazi group, unless he's got Rachel Dolazel syndrome. If he truly was, then this is some Chappelle Show level #. lol

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
So they took a racist extremists gun away so he didnt use it to hurt anyone?

How is this a bad thing?

Maybe they should arrest you for using your freedom of speech and posting on ATS in support of taking others rights. Would be the same thing basically.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

So someone has their rights infringed upon because they thought differently.

This will be in all states if Biden is elected.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I just reported you. The FDA is on the way to your house to seize your ham sandwich.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join