It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is A Robbery. I Have A Cough And I Know How To Use It.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And the question is....

"What did the unmasked robber say to the convenience store clerk?".

Now originally, I posted a slightly different version of my clever, little joke in the Jokes and Puns forum....just like I was supposed to.
But of course, just as I knew it would, my post went straight to New Threads where no one (well, two people) would ever see it...
because as everyone here knows Recent Posts is where all the action is on ATS....and of course, nothing from Jokes and Puns ever gets posted on Recent Posts.

However, inexplicably, ATS does post threads from the Short Stories forum on Recent Posts. Are not self authored jokes as much a form of literature as short stories are? The only real difference between a joke and a humorous short story is brevity. One might even say that the joke is the ultimate form of short story. My joke, for example, has two characters, a setting, and a plot....and is in essence a very concise short story....as well as being a clever commentary on today's society (pats self on back).

So the point being....give the Jokes and Puns forum the same status as the Short Stories forum. Please.
2020 needs jokes. Thank you.

Oh....and I've also got another Covid joke, too.
No one gets it.
edit on 7/31/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

S+F-S= because I'm super buzzed.

But hey I've got a covid19 joke for ya!

You know who buys up all the toilet paper? Assholes.

edit on 31-7-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Trust me....it will still be funny tomorrow morning....probably funnier.

And your joke.... good one.
It's funny cuz it's true.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Well you know what they say--starve a fever, feed a cold, drink a Corona

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well you know what they say--starve a fever, feed a cold, drink a Corona

With a lime wedge... for the medicinal effect.
But for me....the Ganja.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

my post went straight to New Threads where no one (well, two people) would ever see it...

I would see it in new.

That's my main ATS page.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

my post went straight to New Threads where no one (well, two people) would ever see it...

I would see it in new.

That's my main ATS page.

Which page were you on when you first saw it?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Good points. I kept visiting your joke 3 or 4 times. Nobody had commented, I eventually did to show some appreciation. I guess if something isn't political or polarizing no one cares enough. We're reactive creatures.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
K.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Good points. I kept visiting your joke 3 or 4 times. Nobody had commented, I eventually did to show some appreciation. I guess if something isn't political or polarizing no one cares enough. We're reactive creatures.

Your Light certainly does shine. I can feel it from here. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Because you are only looking at the Recent Posts for the Conspiracy side of things. The is a Recent Posts for Off Topic section (which is where Jokes reside).

As for why it is this way...long ago there was a separate but connected site called belowtopsecret.com or BTS for short. There is even a very small group that will say Blue Tab Screen, but that was a Backronym (and the tab was blue).

Today all sites are connect but it seems like all features are not. When actually they are.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And the question is....

Now originally, I posted a slightly different version of my clever, little joke in the Jokes and Puns forum....just like I was supposed to.
But of course, just as I knew it would, my post went straight to New Threads where no one (well, two people) would ever see it...
because as everyone here knows Recent Posts is where all the action is on ATS....and of course, nothing from Jokes and Puns ever gets posted on Recent Posts.

However, inexplicably, ATS does post threads from the Short Stories forum on Recent Posts. Are not self authored jokes as much a form of literature as short stories are? The only real difference between a joke and a humorous short story is brevity. One might even say that the joke is the ultimate form of short story. My joke, for example, has two characters, a setting, and a plot....and is in essence a very concise short story....as well as being a clever commentary on today's society (pats self on back).

So the point being....give the Jokes and Puns forum the same status as the Short Stories forum. Please.

No one gets it.

I think everyone goes to "New" post. I've never gone to "recent" post. Guess I might be missing out something?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I almost NEVER use RECENT POSTS.

Only new posts for new threads, and then MyATS.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

And the question is....

No one gets it.

I think everyone goes to "New" post. I've never gone to "recent" post. Guess I might be missing out something?
At recent posts you can see who's on ATS and what threads are getting attention and who's posting on them in real time. If you see someone whose opinion you respect has just posted on a thread you might want to see what they said and join in.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I almost NEVER use RECENT POSTS.

Only new posts for new threads, and then MyATS.

I posted the same joke on 07/30 on the Jokes and Puns forum which put it only on New Threads. So far 2 posts.

This one that I started today and is listed on Recent Posts... 8 replies, 13 including mine....no, 14 now.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

2020 needs jokes.

2020 already has two jokes
( drum roll)

Trump and Biden

ba-dum-dum

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Police found 3 bodies in a virus-hit house this morning. They stated that they had the cleanest asses they've ever seen...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think we need to take this act on the road.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Your sweet

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

And your joke.... good one.
It's funny cuz it's true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join