It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland sees peaceful night of protests following withdrawal of federal troops

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Phage

Nice first hand account, as many have been saying.

Fascism isn't welcome.

And of course, rioting and looting *is welcome* as we know from the attitudes and responses of "officials" 🤣😃🤣

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Oh Look at THIS ..............😆😆

Democrats Screw it up Again ! 😃👃😃

Portland Protesters Burn Bibles, American Flags in the Streets

Protesters flocked to the Justice Center and the federal courthouse in Portland again on Friday night, lighting fires and burning American flags and Bibles in the streets.

According to the Portland Police, which did not engage with demonstrators, the crowd lit several fires, including a large bonfire in the middle of the street in front of the federal courthouse. One video shows protesters feeding a small fire with Bibles, which were engulfed in flames:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've been calling them book-burners for months.

Guess I was right.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The withdrawal of federal agents from frontline policing of demonstrations in downtown Portland significantly reduced tensions in the city overnight.

Protesters in support of Black Lives Matter once again rallied near the federal courthouse that became a flashpoint, and the scene of nightly battles amid the swirl of teargas, after Donald Trump dispatched agents to end what he called anarchy in the city after weeks of demonstrations.

But in the absence of the federal officers, Thursday night’s protest passed off without major incident or intervention by the police.

Source

Imagine that Trump's stormtroopers pull out and suddenly the violence ceases. It's almost as if that paramilitary force were escalating the situation. If only people could have predicted that when this started.

Oh wait pretty much everyone, including the Oregon and Portland governments, were saying this. It's almost as if Trump doesn't actually care about law and order. What he actually cares about is living out his fascist power fantasies.

But the riots started BEFORE the so called "Storm troopers" so your whole argument is invalid.

And what's fascists about protecting federal buildings from Illegal vandalism? Did the law get put on hold since the virus or something? I think people forgot that the Law still exists.

I Also bet you think his "storm troopers" are kidnapping people in unmarked vans too huh?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Or they learned their lesson? It's almost as if they'd been peaceful all along, the feds would have had no cause to show up on the scene in the first place! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes comes to mind. Or, don't be an ass and you won't have it handed to you!

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It's Revolutionary ............

banned.video...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Every time President Trump does the correct and sensible thing, which results in a solution to a problem, the stupid left tries to spin it against him. The reason the rioting stopped is because the feds nabbed most of the real instigators and threw their ass in jail.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did you see the pig wearing a police hat being burned?

Well, at least they are not terrorists any more.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe they burn books because they can't read?
Burning Bibles and burning our flag,what's next?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe they burn books because they can't read?
Burning Bibles and burning our flag,what's next?

Well, they're certainly burning bridges with the rest of America.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What a lovely city.

Love the decor. Early Third World.

You don't suppose that something like Covid-19 could spread among people like that, do you? Naw, never happen.

Probably a great environment to raise kids in I'd think. Such great role models around for them to learn from.

Great place to visit as a tourist I'm sure. The colorful art all over things. Portland should be proud of the people in charge, who guided the city to where it is now. Cream of the crop.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Actually the agents haven't left they just told them they did!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Tonight will be different

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Where you at now?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Where you at now?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: seedofchucky

And if Monday comes and things remain peaceful will you admit that Trump's jackbooted approach was wrong?

So the site of federal officers makes these people act violent and set fires?

I wouldn't put too much credit into them.

Such losers

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The heat waves also backed off a bit, statistically the most people are murdered during heat waves. I wonder if that has any relevance? I also wonder what level of organization are we to think the protestors have. Wasn’t there some 250 million in donations to BLM recently being discussed ?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
aaannnddd again Saturday !!

Portland police declare unlawful assembly during Saturday night protest

The Portland Police Bureau declared an unlawful assembly Saturday night when people gathered outside a police precinct in Oregon's largest city and threw bottles towards officers, police said.

Until that point, federal, state and local law enforcement had been seemingly absent from the protests Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The demonstrations – that for weeks ended with tear gas, fireworks shot towards buildings, federal agents on the street and injuries to protesters and officers – have recently ended with chanting and conversations.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
150 rounds fired at a Portland apartment building and if I read it correctly earlier, they did away with the gang task force.

Any business that can, needs to get out of there. That city was a gang infested armpit when I had an office there in the late 80s. Taxi's and buses would not go into some parts of the city back then and the police only responded to life and death calls. The cities elderly and poor lived right in the middle of gang central. I drove through brick and bottle wars downtown way back then. Had to drive my secretary home every night, because the idea of her riding a bus just would not fly. Once, while I was dropping her off at her grandmothers house, five people died two blocks away in a gang riot at the same time.

Portland always liked to hide it and deny it, but people living there know it's true. If they don't it's because they live in rich neighborhoods and never mingle with the riff raff blue collar folks.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Your "former sister-in- law", is like many "former sister-in-law's" throughout history.
Failing to have a good grasp of reality... Many a "former sister-in-law" clogged the roads in France, during the "blitzkrieg". Trying to make sense of what was happening to them, and hindering the efforts of the "educated" "professionals, in such things.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

You don't know the woman. Don't act like you do.
edit on 8/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join