It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland sees peaceful night of protests following withdrawal of federal troops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
A note from my former sister in law. Who lives in Portland. Spent a week there exactly one year ago. Beautiful city.

Last night was the first night w/o Feds, they are gone. Local police were prepared to takeover and they did not even have to show up for anything!

Ciao & Aloha,

Let's see how well they do this weekend.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Ah , is the Term " Peaceful Protest " like the One " Jumbo Shrimp " ? Just Wonderin'..........Hmm.....

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I spent the entirety of my 20s on this site. Is it really all that surprising for me to admit that I've said dumb things?

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Phage

Nice first hand account, as many have been saying.

Fascism isn't welcome.

Mostly it gives instigators something to do. Whatever their motivation.

link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ah , is the Term " Peaceful Protest " like the One " Jumbo Shrimp " ?

No.
Just answerin'.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Fascism isn't welcome.

Mostly it gives instigators something to do. Whatever their motivation.

Or it gives them an excuse. Unfortunately.
edit on 31-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Nothing is EVER " Peaceful " in this World Mr. Bootae .

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Once Douglas turned north, things got very peaceful here.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I have spent half of my fifties and sixties on this site.
I just found the admission entertaining that is all.I
was thinking along the lines of a 12 step program I thought
you might be doing.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

And my dumb a** gave it a star before I finished reading it.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Interesting take on that story. There was a push on the barricade. The cops got one guy down, beat on him for a bit, hit a few women with batons and arrested the man. The anti protesters were behind the barricade with the police.

One of the women protesters grabbed the bullhorn calmed the crowd and they were leaving. Once some were in their cars and some were walking they were surrounded by anti protesters. They surrounded their cars, blocked their movement. One small older anti protest guy was kicking people and knocking their phones out of their hands because they were videotaping. One big guy kept sparking a taser at them and threatening them. Others screamed in their faces telling them to "come on and fight". They didn't care if they kicked or pushed women.

Even though many here say they can't wait until their car is surrounded and smacked so they can shoot protesters, the protesters didn't shoot anyone. The cops of course had just vanished. The Protesters kept trying to leave encouraging each other not to rise to the bait of the other group.

Finally a homeowner got on the bed of a truck with a protester and used her microphone to tell the anti protesters to stop and let the people leave. Took him a while to get through but they finally let the protesters start to pass. Once the anti protesters calmed down the cops did again
Show up. The whole thing was live streamed and I was glad nothing horrible happened.

Great. Next we're gonna see protests protesting the protesters.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If (on Monday morning) there is continued peace and calm in Portland, I'll come on this thread and stated that you might be correct.

If, on the other hand, the riots, arson, returns, will you came back on this thread and admit that you were wrong?

C'mon dude.

Everyone could be asleep on the streets and Fox say RIOTS!
Alternatively, # could be on fire and CNN says "PEACEFUL!"

So who admits fault?

Ironically, they talked about all the fires set last night in Portland on the local news, but peaceful, amirite?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It's almost witching hour in Portland and Seattle. Let's see if it stays peaceful. Funny, there are no flashbangs or tear gas when there is no rioting. That doesn't fit the left narrative. If the official narrative were true, these protestors would be getting beat down already and gassed, but they are not.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Fascism isn't welcome.

Yeah really nice....really nice try I mean.
But you seem to have skipped over the post before Phage’s from Aravoth that says they live there as well

Post by Aravoth.......

I live in Portland. They have been rioting for two months. They were setting fires at the courthouse long before the Marshals even came out the door. This is staged, and it's obvious. You don't live here, you don't see this what has become of this ENTIRE city. I do, every, single, day.
The only reason the Governor and the Mayor sent in OSP to clear out the encampment is because Trump threatened to activate the National guard and do it for them. Thats what it took for Democrats to finally do their job.

But whatever fits your narrative......or selective hearing/reading.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So the plan worked! Now O.S.P. and local PD have to do the job they should've been doing in the first place.

If the locals can maintain order. Then it's a win.
Federal police will return if they can't. This is not a "political" win for Brown and Wheeler. But it is a fine example of what happens when you have two mentally ill people in position of power.
It took Pres. Trump to inforce civil standards for the unicorn lovers to snap out of it.

Maybe Wheeler getting a taste of teargas broadened his horizons.

(post by Rikku removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The little scamps dindu nuffin.

It’s all just fun and games in Portland for the #ing terrorists eh?

Portland man charged with arson after allegedly setting fire to downtown courthouse

Authorities say security cameras caught 18-year-old Gabriel Agard-Berryhill throwing an “incendiary object” into the entrance of the building near midnight on July 28, causing an explosion inside the downtown courthouse.

If you watch the Twitter video at the link, that was a hell of a blast from whatever the asshole threw.
And then he got accidentally doxed by his dumbass relative, so that’s how he got busted.
Mandatory minimum 5 years in the clink and up to 20 years.
I hope they throw the book at this piece of sh!t.
Stand by for the usual idiot terrorist sympathizers to defend this though.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 31-7-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

edit on 31-7-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Nice examples, but they sprung forth for REAL problems in their day. Today's riots are just riots without aim other than division, and don't you give me any BS lines about any equality because we know full well that's a hell of a big lie being peddled.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: frogs453

At least 5 of the live streamers were Portland riot livestream regulars, which made it clear that the whole thing was carefully coordinated and involved Portland protesters who had decided to take the show on the road. Also... residential neighborhood. All the dipsnips shouting "Who's streets? Our streets" were full of horsecrap, as it was clear they weren't in their own neighborhood and were, thus, not on their own streets or anywhere near streets their tax dollars had personally paid for.

They should try that in neighborhoods where LEOs & current/former military density are higher. If they ever tried that in mine, there's a whole bunch of ex-military, and current cops -- city, county AND state LEOs live here. Hell, a Statie just bought the house behind us & moved in, and he is NO fan of BLM or any of the garbage being peddled by them.

He, like several ex-military here, is black. None of them side with that crap, and I firmly doubt they'd put up with sketchy strangers waltzing through here parroting that BS "who's streets" crap. Not your streets, asshats, you don't live here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join