It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland sees peaceful night of protests following withdrawal of federal troops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Gee, imagine that, it's almost like it's as effective as a solid paddle to a seriously misbehaving, out of control child! The feds come in, do their thing for a while (get after them) and suddenly! Suddenly!

The riot trash behaves upon pull-out. Probably have very clenched anuses right now, too.

If I was a scumbag rioter and knew what was good for me, I'd clench up too, behave my worthless ass and hope to not re-draw attention & trigger worse. However, they're too fekking stupid to do that and learn from it, so I fully expect shiz to come to a major head over this weekend, and you won't be looking at "innocent protestors" doing it -- we know decent people with real cases to make don't resort to terrorism.

As far as I'm concerned, the Feds should never have left yet. Not without actual arrests. If you LET terrorism happen at home, it's GOING to get worse. They made a huge mistake leaving, it will bite us all in the ass.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Trust me when I tell you, this "protest" was NEVER peaceful. Every single one of them are radical leftist marxists sympathizers who are orchestrating all of this to hurt Trump's reelection chances. It's true!! Believe me. I've watched live feeds. Believe me, no one has watched live feeds as much as I have. The best live feeds. Some say the most live feeds a man has ever watched, it's true!!

I won't give proof though, but if you have PROOF that the riots & violence started when the Feds showed up I DEMAND you show it to me so I can completely gnore it and laugh at you and your sources.

Dumbest thing I’ve read all day so far and I won’t even give it credit by posting the usual meme.
But I will keep coming back to read this thread to see if there will be any posts that are dumber.
The OP and the other clown are saying the assholes rioted in Portland after the Feds arrived, which EVERYONE knows is false.
I said provide proof....any proof at all would do...anything that would prove mine or any other members statements incorrect.
There is none, you know it, the OP knows it and the other clown knows it.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Would be a valid point, assuming the federal agents weren't there to begin with thanks to the violence and terror of the mob.

Unfortunately for communist sympathisers, the federal agents were deployed after the violence and terror had begun.

Propaganda =/= reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You do know they called in the State Patrol , yes ?

Oregon finally stepped up and did what they should have done at the beginning. If they had protected the city state and federal property from day one, federal Law enforcement would not have been needed.
edit on 7/31/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Interesting take on that story. There was a push on the barricade. The cops got one guy down, beat on him for a bit, hit a few women with batons and arrested the man. The anti protesters were behind the barricade with the police.

One of the women protesters grabbed the bullhorn calmed the crowd and they were leaving. Once some were in their cars and some were walking they were surrounded by anti protesters. They surrounded their cars, blocked their movement. One small older anti protest guy was kicking people and knocking their phones out of their hands because they were videotaping. One big guy kept sparking a taser at them and threatening them. Others screamed in their faces telling them to "come on and fight". They didn't care if they kicked or pushed women.

Even though many here say they can't wait until their car is surrounded and smacked so they can shoot protesters, the protesters didn't shoot anyone. The cops of course had just vanished. The Protesters kept trying to leave encouraging each other not to rise to the bait of the other group.

Finally a homeowner got on the bed of a truck with a protester and used her microphone to tell the anti protesters to stop and let the people leave. Took him a while to get through but they finally let the protesters start to pass. Once the anti protesters calmed down the cops did again
Show up. The whole thing was live streamed and I was glad nothing horrible happened.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

funny thing is right-wingers always complain about the moral police of the left and scream for weeks because of mass protests from which violence is also exercised - although this kind of protest has existed for a long time, it is a tradition, every decade has seen its unrest. this is partly youth culture but also political culture and in its negative form extremism. this is only something new for extraterrestrials and ignorants. and as you can see above my comment, some of them have already joined the discussion (maybe some aliens too).

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The withdrawal of federal agents from frontline policing of demonstrations in downtown Portland significantly reduced tensions in the city overnight.

Protesters in support of Black Lives Matter once again rallied near the federal courthouse that became a flashpoint, and the scene of nightly battles amid the swirl of teargas, after Donald Trump dispatched agents to end what he called anarchy in the city after weeks of demonstrations.

But in the absence of the federal officers, Thursday night’s protest passed off without major incident or intervention by the police.

Source

Imagine that Trump's stormtroopers pull out and suddenly the violence ceases. It's almost as if that paramilitary force were escalating the situation. If only people could have predicted that when this started.

Oh wait pretty much everyone, including the Oregon and Portland governments, were saying this. It's almost as if Trump doesn't actually care about law and order. What he actually cares about is living out his fascist power fantasies.

Imagine that the feds came in and used a little RICO then went home, as they should. Surgical like a knife. Or maybe even BIBLICAL.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago2404699 by Flesh699 because: So much fun.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't understand where people get off calling a murderous mob peaceful. They have killed people and attempted to kill others who luckily escaped burning buildings or they were stopped in the act.

Can someone explain where actions like these fit in to civil society?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

That may well be how this ends. People are reaching their limit of patience, and they outnumber the radicals by such a huge number, We The People could shut them down in short order.

Why would the police even bother to protect those little wanna-be anarchist nuts? Everyone knows who they really are.

Even the extreme Left will balk when they take it to residential neighborhoods. The police won't protect them in Liberal cities and pretty soon, it will reach the boiling point.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

The withdrawal of federal agents from frontline policing of demonstrations in downtown Portland significantly reduced tensions in the city overnight.

Protesters in support of Black Lives Matter once again rallied near the federal courthouse that became a flashpoint, and the scene of nightly battles amid the swirl of teargas, after Donald Trump dispatched agents to end what he called anarchy in the city after weeks of demonstrations.

But in the absence of the federal officers, Thursday night’s protest passed off without major incident or intervention by the police.

Source

Imagine that Trump's stormtroopers pull out and suddenly the violence ceases. It's almost as if that paramilitary force were escalating the situation. If only people could have predicted that when this started.

Oh wait pretty much everyone, including the Oregon and Portland governments, were saying this. It's almost as if Trump doesn't actually care about law and order. What he actually cares about is living out his fascist power fantasies.

Imagine that the feds came in and used a little RICO then went home, as they should. Surgical like a knife. Or maybe even BIBLICAL.

You gotta love James Woods -

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I live in Portland. They have been rioting for two months. They were setting fires at the courthouse long before the Marshals even came out the door. This is staged, and it's obvious. You don't live here, you don't see this what has become of this ENTIRE city. I do, every, single, day.

The only reason the Governor and the Mayor sent in OSP to clear out the encampment is because Trump threatened to activate the National guard and do it for them. Thats what it took for Democrats to finally do their job.
edit on 31-7-2020 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

At least 5 of the live streamers were Portland riot livestream regulars, which made it clear that the whole thing was carefully coordinated and involved Portland protesters who had decided to take the show on the road. Also... residential neighborhood. All the dipsnips shouting "Who's streets? Our streets" were full of horsecrap, as it was clear they weren't in their own neighborhood and were, thus, not on their own streets or anywhere near streets their tax dollars had personally paid for.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

funny thing is right-wingers always complain about the moral police of the left and scream for weeks because of mass protests from which violence is also exercised - although this kind of protest has existed for a long time, it is a tradition, every decade has seen its unrest.

Cannibalism has existed for a long time, too... doesn't mean I support the idea of someone eating their neighbor.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Source

Do you think the antifa handlers had anything to do with the plan for the rioters to stand down? Or it was simply because the Feds were leaving? The local police used tear gas on the rioters, and if they get out of control again, I assume the locals will respond accordingly again. The riots were not a result of the feds, the feds were the result of the riots.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If (on Monday morning) there is continued peace and calm in Portland, I'll come on this thread and stated that you might be correct.

If, on the other hand, the riots, arson, returns, will you came back on this thread and admit that you were wrong?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Do you think the antifa handlers had anything to do with the plan for the rioters to stand down? Or it was simply because the Feds were leaving? The local police used tear gas on the rioters, and if they get out of control again, I assume the locals will respond accordingly again. The riots were not a result of the feds, the feds were the result of the riots.

Those running the show set the play in motion...

Whose numbers included moms and veterans — displayed signs, chanted slogans like “no justice, no peace,” listened to a freestyle rapper and urged fellow protesters to remain peaceful. Shortly after midnight, someone started a small fire inside the fence and several other protesters worked to extinguish it. Some people climbed the fence and others launched a few fireworks but were quickly chastised by demonstrators intent on keeping the peace of the night intact.

Too bad they could do this 60 days ago...Not holding my breath...They will ramp up again. The Feds didn't start it by coming and they will not end it by leaving.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I am happy to read that you admit to having posted plenty
of dumb things over the past 12 years.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A note from my former sister in law. Who lives in Portland. Spent a week there exactly one year ago. Beautiful city.

Last night was the first night w/o Feds, they are gone. Local police were prepared to takeover and they did not even have to show up for anything!

Ciao & Aloha,

edit on 7/31/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If (on Monday morning) there is continued peace and calm in Portland, I'll come on this thread and stated that you might be correct.

If, on the other hand, the riots, arson, returns, will you came back on this thread and admit that you were wrong?

C'mon dude.

Everyone could be asleep on the streets and Fox say RIOTS!
Alternatively, # could be on fire and CNN says "PEACEFUL!"

So who admits fault?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nice first hand account, as many have been saying.

Fascism isn't welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join