It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland sees peaceful night of protests following withdrawal of federal troops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The withdrawal of federal agents from frontline policing of demonstrations in downtown Portland significantly reduced tensions in the city overnight.

Protesters in support of Black Lives Matter once again rallied near the federal courthouse that became a flashpoint, and the scene of nightly battles amid the swirl of teargas, after Donald Trump dispatched agents to end what he called anarchy in the city after weeks of demonstrations.

But in the absence of the federal officers, Thursday night’s protest passed off without major incident or intervention by the police.

Source

Imagine that Trump's stormtroopers pull out and suddenly the violence ceases. It's almost as if that paramilitary force were escalating the situation. If only people could have predicted that when this started.

Oh wait pretty much everyone, including the Oregon and Portland governments, were saying this. It's almost as if Trump doesn't actually care about law and order. What he actually cares about is living out his fascist power fantasies.

+45 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Wait till the weekend
You'll be eating this thread and probably deleting your account with how stupid you will look.

I'll be back monday to check up on your mental health status

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

I've been here for over 12 years and posted plenty of dumb things. You really think I'm going to delete my account here at the end?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I had bet money on Trump winning the election on 2016. Had many on twitter delete their accounts and never pay ;/ . But i did collect from the local people around me. Made some nice coin from some very very upset people. Who knows you might have a little thicker skin

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You do know they called in the State Patrol , yes ?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And you do know the state police didn't use any of the tactics that the Feds have made common place, yes?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

And if Monday comes and things remain peaceful will you admit that Trump's jackbooted approach was wrong?

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Lol, I knew somebody would post this, it just confirms who is in control of Antifa and the Saboteurs.

The anarchy has already been happening, long before the Feds showed up.

Secondly, this isn't "peaceful", there is tension in the air and the local police as well as State are running things, as it should be before.

The OPs cognitive dissonance is staggering, though we are not surprised by this elementary interpetation of events.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes 100 percent ! If it remains peaceful . I will give kudos to the protesters for being civil. I will apologize to you and even flip the bird off to trump !

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

And if Monday comes and things remain peaceful will you admit that Trump's jackbooted approach was wrong?
Anarchist attacked a federal building, Feds responded, Antifa got their asses kicked, Gov had to reach a deal with the Trump admin, lol.

The Lesson? Don't mess with Federal property.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The reason I knew this would be posted, a small beans personality makes some valid points in regards to the low info feed the OP fell for.

Feds are still in Portland and YES, there is still a presence of rioters and protestors.

It's all by design people 🤫
edit on 31-7-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

When did the feds get there and when did the craziness start?

It’ll be another riot this weekend, we just went back to shutdown for some dumbass reason so everybody is going to have nothing to do again. You know they “self policed” to prove a point but it won’t last. I hope they don’t but I don’t see it not happening, I wouldn’t understand what they achieved. The reds are still there, they just have the state police protecting the building.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

This thread should be in the Jokes, Puns and Pranks forum.
So you are going to try to say that the unrest in Portland was another Summer of Love like the deranged Mayor said in Seattle until the Feds showed up?
Next you will say that the gun violence and shootings in Chicago is just some kids playing cops and robbers, just leave them alone eh?
The level of denial of reality isn’t just staggering, it’s in another plane of existence.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Who would have thought the police beating on people and being violent with protesters is what starts most of the violence...

I see the usual reality challenged members are having a hard time with that. As with most things.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So the lil' scamps finally tuckered themselves out - they get super cranky if they don't get their nap.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I had a nice conversation with someone on FaceBook about this, so here's what I said in that post:

Just to put my 2 cents in. The media and most people are using the term Federal troops in a misleading manner, implying that Posse Comitatus is being violated. These are Federal agents...FBI, DHS, US Marshals, etc...not troops, and part of their job responsibility is protecting federal property.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

If only the violence was in response to the DHS, and not the precipitator of it.

Do you have a calendar available to you? A watch? Do we need to discuss what the term "chronology" means?

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No.

When people try to burn a building, with people inside of it, i will not yield any ground.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The withdrawal of federal agents from frontline policing of demonstrations in downtown Portland significantly reduced tensions in the city overnight.

Protesters in support of Black Lives Matter once again rallied near the federal courthouse that became a flashpoint, and the scene of nightly battles amid the swirl of teargas, after Donald Trump dispatched agents to end what he called anarchy in the city after weeks of demonstrations.

But in the absence of the federal officers, Thursday night’s protest passed off without major incident or intervention by the police.

Source

Imagine that Trump's stormtroopers pull out and suddenly the violence ceases. It's almost as if that paramilitary force were escalating the situation. If only people could have predicted that when this started.

Oh wait pretty much everyone, including the Oregon and Portland governments, were saying this. It's almost as if Trump doesn't actually care about law and order. What he actually cares about is living out his fascist power fantasies.

The violence moved into the suburbs south of Portland, with the same actors present. www.themix.net...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Male cow feces. This entire thing has been staged from Day 1. The a$$hats stood down to present the image that it was the Federal Government's fault. it's all theater.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join