It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Saved from CO2 by Green Hydrogen / Why aren’t USA Politician’s talking about it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Green hydrogen / Forget about CO2 Doomsday / Ain’t Going To Happen!!! / Here’s the Fix

It's called green hydrogen, and is made by using clean electricity from renewable energy technologies to electrolyse water (H2O), separating the hydrogen atom within it from its molecular twin oxygen.

Is green hydrogen the sustainable fuel of the future?

Yesterday I was alarmed as to the technological advancement of green hydrogen as I stumbled onto an article written about my former employer, Air Products and Chemicals. I used to work as a Supervisor / Engineer in the Division that manufactured the Hydrogen Tanker Trailers in the early 1990’s. Back in the day the ASME Code stainless steel pressure vessel [Tank] was insulated with NASA developed super insulation as developed for the Apollo Lunar Module. That was then, almost three decades ago. I was further alarmed that the Thunberg family isn’t touting Green Hydrogen as after all the European Union has. However as I haven’t read their books so I don’t know whether they have gotten on board. They need to do this.

European Clean Hydrogen Alliance

The European Clean Hydrogen Alliance aims at an ambitious deployment of hydrogen technologies by 2030, bringing together renewable and low-carbon hydrogen production, demand in industry, mobility and other sectors, and hydrogen transmission and distribution. With the alliance, the EU wants to build its global leadership in this domain, to support the EU’s commitment to reach carbon neutrality by 2050.

Same goes for the United States Mainstream Media. How about that Green New Deal? I read it. Its nothing more than a pysop to get votes in my opinion as the Democrat authors must be aware of Green Hydrogen technology as their own Governor, Gavin Newsom already has a Hydrogen facility in California. Air Products and Chemicals built it and because of demand they are ready to build another.

Here’s the Air Products article

Air Products to Build Second Liquid Hydrogen Production Facility in California

Forget about doomsday with respect to all things CO2 energy as in planes, trains, automobiles and boats. The truth is out there. It’s just that no one tells us. Despite negative big Oil countermeasures in media about hydrogen, look beyond that junk. It’s doable, already being used, workable and all will benefit, including big Oil.

Look at this article:

BP Smacks Exxon Upside Head With New Green Hydrogen Scheme

Even before the COVID-19 crisis upended the global economy, the threat of green hydrogen was already looming on the horizon Green hydrogen, also referred to as renewable hydrogen, can be produced from water by applying an electrical current. Source the electricity from renewable energy, and there you have sustainable hydrogen from renewable resources. Green hydrogen has yet to plant its feet in the commercial market, but the technology has been improving and costs have been coming, partly because the cost of renewable energy has been dropping.

So how about this?

Air Products Plans $5 Billion Green Fuel Plant in Saudi Arabia

And this?:

Hydrogen Is A Top Contender In The Race To Zero Carbon

The race is on to reduce carbon emissions for the world’s fleet of heavy-duty vehicles, from tractor-trailer rigs to cargo ships. Even as some challenges remain to using electric batteries to power these vehicles, hydrogen is becoming more attractive to...

And this?

Full steam ahead: hydrogen train boosted by EU climate goals

The European Commission is championing hydrogen as one of the most promising sources of energy for an environmentally friendly future. Hydrogen, which doesn’t release any carbon dioxide, is already being used to power a train built by French manufacturer Alstom. The Coradia iLint train, which has been successfully running in northern Germany for nearly two years, can transport 300 passengers at a speed of around 110 kilometers per hour.

In summary with respect to CO2 released from carbon based current energy. That issue is basically solved. Water, Sewage and deforestation remains a fluid issue. However with respect to the use and development of Green Hydrogen, we are being scared to death by obvious propaganda from our United States Mainstream Media, USA Politicians on both sides and possibly by a certain celebrity family. This is a very long and technical thread. Now if you have read it and are here your now in the know. You have knowledge and power in your vote. As for me I am no longer on the gloom and doom train. No, Green Hydrogen can’t be stopped as even those 1% or even “The Deep State” would want this to happen as it can be transitioned gradually over several decades to allow big oil to morph into the Green Hydrogen arena. That’s assuming they want to.

I placed this under Political Madness as it’s their political moral duty to tell us the truth. I also know that by law they don’t have to tell us the truth.

We need an executive order directing it.

edit on 31-7-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 31-7-2020 by Waterglass because: corrected

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

This is super interesting ty for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's called green hydrogen, and is made by using clean electricity from renewable energy technologies to electrolyse water (H2O), separating the hydrogen atom within it from its molecular twin oxygen.

Folks don't think sh__ through...
Where is the water gonna come from ?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

the part where it cost more and uses more fossil fuel to create hydrogen is where I was always slammed at and couldn't find a viable way to win that discussion. I am a big fan of hydrogen, and was very interested in the Stanley Mejer conspiracy. Of course the easy answer is he was a fraud. But the conspiracy side of me wonders how the US Navy could be so completely stupid that they not only believed him in the first place, but went so far as to look at his work, then meet with him, only to have him die right there.

But don't worry, there are still plenty of science guys who are certain this will never work. Ever.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The Oceans?
oceanservice.noaa.gov...

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, there are over 332,519,000 cubic miles of water on the planet. A cubic mile is the volume of a cube measuring one mile on each side. Of this vast volume of water, NOAA's National Geophysical Data Center estimates that 321,003,271 cubic miles is in the ocean.

That's enough water to fill about 352,670,000,000,000,000,000 gallon-sized milk containers!

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If they are using electrolysis then it's wasting energy.
Hydrogen is a good fuel but it's uses lots of energy to make it and lots more to compress it to a useful state.
The math doesn't lie.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm aware of the way the conversation goes. I can still wish it to be a viable option, and I still hold out hope that Meyer was for real and someone else will stumble onto his work and reproduce it.

I do realize how improbable it is, but then, some here think Reptilians rule us from Center Earth. So I don't feel a but guilty.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

The Oceans?

You sure you want that ?
You still haven't gotten it...

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Dont worry. I forgot about CO2 doomsday once I realized how very fake it is. You dont need "green" hydrogen which is just hydrogen btw. to stop CO2 doomsday because it only exists in a fake global warmig agenda and their fake data.

Your "green hydrogen" is only an attempt to resuscitate dying EU and world economy with Covid money. I'd rather use cheap "green coal" because all the lost carbon underground is food for plants - which have been seen thriving in the last couple of years. If you wanna be green, burn something! Buy a large old school engine and think about switching your solar for coal!
It would be cool if CO2 worked as a greenhouse gas. It would be a nice cushion if we could actually rise it into the grand solar minimum but we have very little effect on it anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Same reason u dont hear them talk about the steam engin

www.pocket-lint.com...

Its about 20 years to late

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

That's a cool link. Maybe they invent a great battery but they want a billion for the patent and it takes couple more to build the machines.
Musk has both the research and his own investment (he doesnt have to pay a dividend to) so his battery it is.
He wont pay a billion to be in profit in couple of years when a year from now there may be a better one. It could be like this. I dont see a cabal holding everything back 😛 Not in Japan, S. Korea and Taiwan. If Japan had a new tech they'd be selling it.
There may be another agenda too. Probably central-planned. When CFL bulbs were on the rise there were already good LED bulbs waiting. They needed to sell some and pay for the factories first. As long as there was a profit they were selling these. You dont wanna kill profit with a new tech. You let everyone switch all lights in their home to CFL first, THEN you start making LED. New LED bulbs came slowly and were expensive until the first wave of rich costumers was saturated. It's a big scam. I never buy latest tech. Not even the second latest 🙂
edit on 31/7/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
areply to waterglass

You're not going to see hydro'n in the near future because the oil companies are in control of what tech actually gets to market.
A point in case: I was a high eff insulation (reflective insulation (RB), 97% eff.) contractor for over 30 yrs. during that time I saw to what lengths the government, energy companies and electric companies would go to keep RB off the market. The US Senate, in 1981 closed down the FTC fo two days until they rescinded an order that all insulation mfrgs test in an installed condition instead of the biased test they use now. This would have taken FG off the market overnight. WHY? because low efficiency means more energy taxes from the consumer, billions if not more. So over my 82 yrs I've come to the conclusion that inefficiency means more profits, a lot more profits. An who owns/controls the methods to over come inefficiencies?, the 1%ers of course. If nothing else, remember, "R" factors are a scam, and what are you required to use when evaluating the eff of a new house?

Regarding the high energy required to extract hyrdo from water. You really should keep up with web. Hundreds if not thousands of back yard mechanics are supplementing their fuel consumption and some actually running their cars/trucks off of hh0 exclusively. Ck the you tube And if the back yard boys can do it you can bet the big boys can too.
Regarding Stanly Meyers, there have been successful replicas. He was producing hho at the sparkplug holes, combined with a sparker. I had the chance to talk with a neighbor of his and he confirmed the success of this system. He actually drove the rig Stanly had set up. If you did some research you would find that you can build your own hho elect. system for your own house.

Regarding water supply. The hydro combines with hvdro at combustion and reforms water, which is reusable.
reply to: markovian

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GeorgeH

A Li-ion battery has 99% charge efficiency and a minimal discharge loss of less than 5%

Hydrogen on its best day is 40% because we burn it forget production we lose 60% of hydrogens energy when used

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Greetings,
Let's face it there pros and cons to most any form of energy we want to us.

Here's a couple to look at, Search ; Richard Aho; MIST engine. Skinner 1939 gravity motor.

Now if those two don't make your heart go pity-pat I don't know what will.

Magnetic power will eventually be the answer if the gov ever release the patents. If you don't know about that , you should. The law that crippled us was signed in by Harry Truman

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

To understand why this old idea never grew any legs, you need to understand the cost to the consumer. Lots of good ideas, but none of them affordable. You can't have electric bills that rival the mortgage payments.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Japan are investing in Hydrogen, they will probably lead the world in this. They are looking seriously at it for power stations.

There is also a small Scottish island with a wind farm which sends energy back to the mainland, when the energy is not needed but the wind is still blowing, they use this to run a hydrogen generator. They then use the hydrogen to power all vehicles on the island!

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Hmm... I Drink Free Hydrogen Water that is Filtered for Energetic Health , so Other Uses of Hydrogen make Sense.. .Hmm.....

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Folks don't think sh__ through...
Where is the water gonna come from ?

For god's sake man!

The water is in a closed loop.

You separate the H from the O2, then you recombine them. Guess what you get back? Yeah man, water.

System does not waste water.

P

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Just wastes electricity, hah!

This is off the shelf HHO generation. It's been around for decades, and takes sar more energy to make than you can get back from it... Although there have been a lot of studies on using it in addition to gasoline to get more energy out of that fuel.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

George Bush and the new hydrogen economy, the story never went away, it disappeared like it was never real even though the technology is there,, there''s another one called biochar where charcoal is made from wood that can be ground into powder and added to soil where it remains as sequestered atmospheric CO2,, trees absorbed CO2 through photosynthesis where it then kicks out the oxygen molecules to build compounds from the carbon,, the resulting biochar is used to enhance soil for agriculture to grow more crops, thus sequestering even more atmospheric CO2,, it's not like it's totally ignored as a solution, it's out there, but I mean, the policy wonks who want to change the way we live to save the world from climate change don't tote it,, they rather support big government regulations created by a new world order government to save mankind from itself, which won't even work to do anything but give them hegemonic powers over the future of civilization

<<   2 >>

join