It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Officials Say Feds Owe Them $190K in Fines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A Portland Oregon City "official" has made it clear that the Federal Government owes Portland some big money for not getting the proper permits to erect that fencing around the Federal courthouse that's been getting sieged by violent rioting.

This is total deluxe insanity as we learned a day or two ago that Portland and The State of Oregon(e) will be "cooperating" and doing their jobs and enforcing laws that have bee running wild for over 2 months with unchecked rioting and looting on a daily basis.

Heed the warnings and never trust Democrats in power to do what they agree to do.

A few days ago the Mayor of Portland was actually blaming Federal presence for all the violence !!

The City of Portland, Oregon is penalizing the federal government $500 every 15 minutes for erecting fencing to protect a courthouse without the proper permits; totaling $192,000 since riots began there more than nine weeks ago.

“City Commissioner Chloe Eudaly said in a statement Tuesday that the fencing is obstructing the street outside of the courthouse. As of Monday, she said, the federal government owed Portland $192,000,” reports Fox News.

“We intend to collect,” said Eudaly, who added that she was “committed to doing everything in my power to end this federal occupation and move forward with our community’s reckoning with racial injustice and our efforts to transform our approach to policing and public safety.”

Read the full report at Fox News

THIS IS REAL: Portland Officials Say Feds Owe Them $190K in Fines for Installing Fence Without Permits

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Want in one hand and let bLM shart in the other and see which one fills up first.

I'd tell Portland to kiss my ass.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Take it out of any money paid to the city or state by the feds. That will come out even in the end.

Not the brightest people wanting this are they?
edit on 7 31 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

She went straight from owning a bookstore to being a greasy politician. She's done her part to help destroy the city. You can't even evict someone now (thanks to her) without having to pay for tenant's moving fees.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Democrats have stumbled on to a new revenue stream for their cities and states.

Allow rioters to damage property that doesn't belong to the city/state and charge the property owners permit fees to protect and rebuild the damaged property.

Kinda like a backward form of what the Mafia does when they charge business owners a "protection" fee ... but at least the Mafia tried not to damage property so long as they got their cut.

"The flood waters are coming in the door now Henry; its time we ask the government how much we owe them to put out the sand bags"
edit on 31-7-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The Trump administration still owes tons of money to various cities around the country because of Donald Trumps hate carnivals.

I wouldn’t hold my breath that any of them are getting paid. He is truly running America like one of his businesses.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The Trump administration still owes tons of money to various cities around the country because of Donald Trumps hate carnivals.

I wouldn’t hold my breath that any of them are getting paid. He is truly running America like one of his businesses.

So long as we have Donald Trump to b!tch abought it doesn't mater what the rest of these inept politicians do.

But what are we going to do when Trump is no longer president and we still have all the crap to deal with that we ignored while we were b!tching about Donald Trump.... I sure hope he wins at least another four years so we can kick that can farther down the road.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A Portland Oregon City "official" has made it clear that the Federal Government owes Portland some big money for not getting the proper permits to erect that fencing around the Federal courthouse that's been getting sieged by violent rioting.

This is total deluxe insanity as we learned a day or two ago that Portland and The State of Oregon(e) will be "cooperating" and doing their jobs and enforcing laws that have bee running wild for over 2 months with unchecked rioting and looting on a daily basis.

Heed the warnings and never trust Democrats in power to do what they agree to do.

A few days ago the Mayor of Portland was actually blaming Federal presence for all the violence !!

The feds should fine the city 1 million dollars for ever graffiti on the fed building they will remove. Then charge the city for all the pay of the federal officers, and any further damage to the court house or medical bills.

Right now this violence is costing the city 10s of millions... Just think what all that wasted money could do for the homeless there. They should just put an extra tax on top of their already one of the highest in the state tax called violent protesting tax... I'm sure the 700,000 living there wouldn't mind paying an extra 3 or 4%.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

But what are we going to do when Trump is no longer president and we still have all the crap to deal with that we ignored while we were b!tching about Donald Trump.... I sure hope he wins at least another four years so we can kick that can farther down the road.

In 4 years I'll be retired and move most likely to Texas from this "Once Was Great North West"...

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Trump hate carnivals?
What about the destruction from the Liberal mental illness hate carnivals?
You gotta be as simple as simple can be to believe that.
edit on 31-7-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

In 4 years I'll be retired and move most likely to Texas from this "Once Was Great North West"...

In 4 years Texas will catch on to this new revenue stream too I'm sure ... there hasn't been a dollar bill printed that our governments haven't dreamt of taking from its people.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

In 4 years Texas will catch on to this new revenue stream too I'm sure ... there hasn't been a dollar bill printed that our governments haven't dreamt of taking from its people.

But places like NY, OR, CA etc are like 5 decades ahead of everyone in dreaming up new ways to tax, by the time Texas catches up I'll be long dead...lol

edit on 31-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Seems like you're the one that's filled with hate.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What is a hate carnival?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Trump hate carnival he says...

Meanwhile, in those various cities you speak about. . .

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

What is a hate carnival?

The democrats newest dog whistle.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Sovereign immunity apparently isn't something Portland is educated on?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why doesn’t she send a couple cops over to collect then?

Oh, that’s right. They were defunded....

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The dust is settling now, I can feel it.

These last days of election season will be much clearer in my opinion, it is here that we will revisit the tumultuous weeks prior.

The very pictures you posted are but a glimpse of this reminder.

It is also one reason why Dems, especially Nadler, were upset at the prospect of using these images for Campaign purposes and they were correct.
They were right because it was their saboteurs that instigated those riots and caused untold billions in destruction to push a progressive ideal, but the fallout would be much worse. Worse, in that the brilliant fool who orchestrated this forgot one key detail, Democrat run cities. They poo'd in their own living rooms. As a result, they are now broker, higher taxes inbound and scarred from destruction.

What did they get in return for all this? Some minor legislation and an understanding between State Gov and Federal Gov.

I ask, why do these people accept so much less and so few returns?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join