It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another ufo researcher bites the dust

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
...s. You posted where he has made mistakes. I have never said I agree with everything he says and has done. My point is, there is no evidence at all that he is doing all this for money, and that's it.

OK. I figure any money he gets with his stories, he's earned, and the buyers may learn something....

I have never detected any indication he's not sincere and genuinely enthusiastic.

I wish he would respond constructively to sincerely-offered criticism and correction. Not acknowledging it could well be an indication of less-than-total dedication to truth first.

edit on 2-8-2020 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

and the buyers may learn something....

That there may be better place to spend their money?
Probly not.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

OK. I figure any money he gets with his stories, he's earned, and the buyers may learn something....

Certain skeptics and skeptic organisations sell books, do the circuit, and dare I say it, make money, but that is ok. They are free to do that, and people are free to spend their money on that. If people want go go go a skeptic conference, and spend money to go, then thst is up to them.

It's quite obvious that Dolan believes in the cause, and has dedicated a goid portion of his life to it. Is he all doing this for money? The evidence does not point to that.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Is he all doing this for money? The evidence does not point to that

So, he has a day job?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have never detected any indication he's not sincere and genuinely enthusiastic.

I wish he would respond constructively to sincerely-offered criticism and correction. Not acknowledging it could well be an indication of less-than-total dedication to truth first.

And that is fair enough. It's the same old people bringing up the same old money excuses thst annoy me.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So, he has a day job?

Are you serious? This is his job, and has been for years now. Because it's go do with ufos, then thst can't be classed as a job?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Are you serious? This is his job, and has been for years now. Because it's go do with ufos, then thst can't be classed as a job?
I thought the whole idea of a job is you do something, and in exchange, you get paid money for doing it, no?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

He writes books and does lectures.

Does Stephen King have a job?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The claim was that Dolan doesn't do it for the money.

Not sure what your point is.

edit on 8/2/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Has Stephen King ever claimed to have discovered ghosts in an old Colorado hotel?

Harte

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Is someone complaining about Stephen King doing what he does for money?

Jay-morris seems to be complaining that people are saying Richard Dolan does what he does for money.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Why doesn't any of his defenders want to defend any of the claims he's made that have been shown to be bogus?

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown
Know where I can find a higher resolution version of the image so we all can see for ourselves that it’s a yardstick? Because I can’t find it on that libraries web site.

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: johnthejedi24

Little better version here.
What looks like a cloud (a very weird cloud) is a snow/frost formation, close to the camera.
theparanormalsite.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Why doesn't any of his defenders want to defend any of the claims he's made that have been shown to be bogus?
What I'm hearing is that they don't seem to have a problem with deception from Dolan, especially if he's making up stories about Phillip Klass.

But if Dolan and Marden are fabricating stories about Klass like his alleged gay lover and being an alleged traitor and so on, how does that make them any better than the guy they are criticizing?

Even though Klass heaped praise on Allan Hedry's UFO book (which was well deserved, it's a great book), Hendry didn't reciprocate.

Philip J Klass

In the 1970s, Klass heaped praise on astronomer and UFO investigator Allan Hendry's The UFO Handbook, but Hendry[21] objected strongly to Klass's modus operandi, which Hendry argued consisted of suppressing and distorting evidence, unscientific reasoning, ad hominem attacks, smear campaigns, scientific bait and switch tactics, and seemingly refusing to evaluate evidence that conflicted with his preconceptions.
As far as I can tell, Hendry's criticisms were valid, and he didn't have to make up false stories to critique what Klass was doing.

So did Klass do those things Hendry accused him of? As far as I can tell, yes.
Does that justify any of us including Dolan or Marden making up stories to criticize Klass for things he didn't do? No!

If someone deserves factual criticism, fine. But it's not fine to be deceptive and pile on with made up stories.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Does anyone else want to go on record for supporting Klass? A man who used every dirty tool in the book to defame and destroy reputations of anyone claiming to have seen UFO's. He tried to bribe Travis Walton's friend who also was a witness in that event with $10,000 dollars to say it was all a hoax and a lie just so he could come out successful in debunking that event.
If you read what I just posted about Allan Hendry's criticism of Klass, I'm not trying to defend him or say he was innocent of those things Hendry said.

But that doesn't mean every lie people tell about him is also true or justified, does it? Once the private records of Klass became available we could see he kept detailed records and transcripts of phone calls, which prove that rumor that circulated about Klass was false. So criticize Klass for what he actually did, not for being an alleged traitor to the US as Dolan and Marden did (when he appeared to be patriotic), and not for trying to bribe Travis Walton's friend (as you just did), when he didn't do that.

Details about the bribe myth are explained in ConfusedBrit's thread about the Walton case here:
Bypassing Travis Walton's abduction saga to assess the reality of that 'Fire In The Sky'

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
[PART 2]

Klass kept a transcript of a phone call with Pierce from 6/11/78 (confirming this was the first time they'd spoken together) wherein the relationship between Click and Pierce was discussed. Klass referred him to Bill Barry's book 'Ultimate Encounter' (1978) in which marshall Sank Flake alleged Click possessed a signed denial of the UFO story from Pierce. Mike Rogers was also quoted as saying:

“Steve told me and Travis that he had been offered $10,000 just to sign a denial. He said he was thinking about taking it. We asked him, 'Even though you know it happened, would you deny it just for the money?' He said maybe he would. He was thinking about it. So I told him, 'Then you'll spend the money alone and you'll be bruised'.”

Barry's book described Pierce as “out of work, penniless”, but that he didn't take the money and signed no denial, fleeing in misery and panic, “a man-child dispossessed by his personal devils”. Pierce was unimpressed, insisting that Click had boasted of finding “someone” if Pierce could prove the case a hoax. He added that Travis was “the most ignorant, stupid person I've ever met in my life”, incapable of writing a book by himself.

Klass clarified to Pierce that the reward money was a (well-known) general offer to anybody who could prove there are ET spacecraft, and not specific to the Walton case.

So here's the irony. Klass is accused of defaming other people by implying they did things they didn't do, which makes him a dirty, low-down, #%&*$$&.

And what is Richard Dolan doing, and what are you doing by spreading that false rumor about Klass? Implying he did things he didn't do, so does that also make you and Dolan just as much of a dirty, low-down #%&*$$& as Klass? Criticize him for what he did if you will, but not for things he didn't do.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

I thought the whole idea of a job is you do something, and in exchange, you get paid money for doing it, no?

So, writing books is not a job right? That is just one aspect of what he does. Seriosly, makes no sense what you are saying.

Obviously he gets money for what he does, so obviously, it's his job.

It's not rocket science.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Jay-morris seems to be complaining that people are saying Richard Dolan does what he does for money.

Nice way of twisting my words there! People on here are saying he is a conman and just doing this to make money.

I am saying show me the evidence of that. I am also saying it's his job, so he makes money. Do you do your work for free?

People think certain people have money trees on their garden, esp ufo prople, so everything they do should be for free.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Calm down, Rich. Nobody claims you are a bad or evil person. a reply to: Jay-morris

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

He is a conman. Care to address the claims posted on pages 1-2-3 instead of throwing the ball outside the stadium?

Roswell slides, that deathbed geezer, ufo on the moon, villages on the moon, that eisenhower meeting too,2 blog posts by sheaffer, multiple other posts by members here. Or tell us if you are Richard Dolan so we stop spilling pointless e-ink.

Lets address the above claims by Dolan

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Damn. Crazy stuff egh.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join