It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another ufo researcher bites the dust

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Why so salty? I know everyone makes mistakes. At how many mistakes can we safely say a researcher is a conman? From what i see posted here Dolan has quite a few "mistakes" under his belt.

Instead of bawling face the fact that this guy is a charlatan that is in it for the money and not for the truth. Its understandable. I would be mad too if my hero proved to be a fake

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: IMSAM

Well, when it comes to Dolan,
I believe Neil Degrass Tyson said it best;
People can believe in anything they want...
Just dont put them in charge of anything important.

So true. Only put in charge those who will believe only what they are told to believe.....

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Im just busting Dolans balls with my Neil Tyson quote.

People make mistakes.
Ufolofy is riddled with them.
There isnt a single person on ATS, that if in the field of Ufology, would not a series of mistake over their career.

I give the man props for being brave enough to put his name out there and going against the grain.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A UFO researcher should always have a day job outside of Ufology or they do get enticed into obsession and fraud.

Dolan to me actually wrote the worse book I’ve ever read on Ufology, something called AD: After Disclosure. A big hyped-up and very boring accumulation of rank speculation with a reality quotient of zero!

There are the mainstream obsession makers such as Dolan and Howe
Then there are the UFO grifters who grift along into Ufology for a quick buck with nonsense like Corbell’s so-called documentaries. ANd then the UFO demons like Richard Doty and David WIlcock.

God (or aliens) help us! Come down and expose these phonies for what they are and include in that exposure the FAKE preachers too.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RobertSheaffer

Oh nice!

Bad UFOs is your spot?

You must know my friend Chris Rutkowski then.
He's pointed me to your blog a few times.
Actually, he sent me the first article you linked in your comment.
edit on 31-7-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

See!

Perfect example of mistakes people involved in ufology make.
Look how I spelt ufology lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Oh and his bimbo of a wife doesn't help his cause either.

Does defaming his wife help your cause?

One thing I have noticed about Richard over the years is that he doesn't defame people.

A defamer is someone lacking greatly in the better human virtues. He's got you beat by miles, and a lot of others here as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Do you honestly believe that after all the data that has been presented anyone needs to attack dolans wife to defame him? The data is pretty conclusive that this guy is a conman donning the mantle of a serious researcher. He doesn't do research at all though does he? No he is too busy running from lecture to lecture to grab the bucks

originally posted by: RobertSheaffer

Here are my recent comments on Dolan:

badufos.blogspot.com...

badufos.blogspot.com...

Good articles Robert, couple of more things to add to Dolans legacy.

I think its clear Dolan passed into the pantheon of legends with Howe, Hoagland, Goode, Romanek, Greer etc.

May his meager reputation rest in peace

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Do you honestly believe that after all the data that has been presented anyone needs to attack dolans wife to defame him? 

No, she should not be attacked, but fanatical skeptics do like to not just attack the messenger but anyone accociated with them. This is why they are as bad as the "con artists" you speak about.

In that, there is not much difference at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Tracy Dolan is now a double act with Richard. She has used their relationship as a springboard to 'fame'. His career has veered off track ever since he joined up with her and the Promotion company Pursuing-X. A company run by a couple previously convicted for fraud. Therefore she is part of his descent into fringe subjects and misinforming his followers.

By keeping on feigning offence you are also proving that you really don't have anything to offer in the debate.Instead preferring to sidetrack it from the main topic.

Much like many other so called pop ufologists, Dolan's early work was solid. But as the years went by he was unable to make real progress. So he has resorted to letting truth become a casualty and peddling in fairy tales and lies. He's an entertainer and nothing more. He's become especially flaky by supporting his wife's new age beliefs as a double act.

Or maybe you believe that the Roswell slides showed an alien? Buzz Aldrin saw UFOs on the moon? The Wilson/Davis document [despite Wilson's denial and Davis' refusal to comment] is a transcript of a real conversation? And Boyd Bushman's picture of an alien wasn't a Walmart toy doll?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Tracy Dolan is now a double act with Richard. She has used their relationship as a springboard to 'fame'. His career has veered off track ever since he joined up with her and the Promotion company Pursuing-X. A company run by a couple previously convicted for fraud. Therefore she is part of his descent into fringe subjects and misinforming his followers.

Funny watching you trying to justify your insults. So, she is a Bimbo because she holds different views to you. Sorry, you cannot justify thst insult.

I bet if you could, you would try and dig something up on his children too. Believe what you want about Dolan, but he is obviously a decent guy who has dedicated his life to ufology.

But of course people like you will attack and attack because you are fanatical skeptics, which has turned into a belief/cult in itself.

As for the Roswell slides, didn't Dolan explain that situation after the event and distanced himself from it straight away?

Like I said. Extreme debunkers and extreme believers ruin this subject. But are running on belief, and both do not really want the truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Is that what passes as decent where you're from? Selling lies and bad research as facts to the aborigines? We are not even in the part where we try to see if he made a mistake or two, It's obvious he is a conman plain and simple. And the funny thing is that he probably wasn't even dotified but is doing it for the money. If greer can get 2-3k for each ce5 session why not Dolan?

As for the slides it doesn't take a genius to see they were fakes, ofcourse after all this was exposed he distanced himself, but before that he was supporting it left and right. Because how dare these peasants question what i tell them to be the truth right?

Just like the wilson leak which per dolan "It's real deal with it" attitude. And it's not just the slides, dolan has a rich history of failures

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I bet if you could, you would try and dig something up on his children too. Believe what you want about Dolan, but he is obviously a decent guy who has dedicated his life to ufology.

His children aren't part and parcel of his entertainment package. So there is no need to bring them up at all. Whereas his wife is.

Dolan probably is a 'decent' guy. He is very articulate and has an excellent handle on 20th century history. But he has been involved in promoting some very questionable stories as IMSAM said in the OP.

Ufology will get nowhere if it continually recycles and resurrects the same old unsolveable and often already debunked cases. But unfortunately because of the UFOtainment industry that has sprung up this is now what happens on a continual basis.Richard Dolan and his wife are part of this problem not a solution.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Ufology will get nowhere if it continually recycles and resurrects the same old unsolveable and often already debunked cases. But unfortunately because of the UFOtainment industry that has sprung up this is now what happens on a continual basis.Richard Dolan and his wife are part of this problem not a solution.

Exactly this.

This is the reason 70 years now we are chasing our tails. Unless we drop all this dead weight we will spend another 70 in the dark. It always dismays me when in various platforms i still see people looking up to known hoaxers and bad researchers.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Please post evidence that he is a fraud, and only doing this for money? Yes, he might have got involved in things he regrets, but he has also done great work in the the field. So please post the evidence that he is a fraud, and only doing this for money, and not for the live of the subject, and just trying to get to the truth about ufos?

Stanton friedman had the same accusations thrown at him, but it was obvious Stan believed what he was saying. Because someone believes what they are saying, and you xisagree with them, does not make them a fraud and doing all this for money.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

This subject will get nowhere if we have the same groups doing exactly the same thing. Most of it based on belief. Like what we are talking about now. It's just a belief that Dolan is doing all this for money because their is no evidence to back this up.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Exactly this.

This is the reason 70 years now we are chasing our tails. Unless we drop all this dead weight we will spend another 70 in the dark. It always dismays me when in various platforms i still see people looking up to known hoaxers and bad researchers.

The reason why this subject is not taken seriously is because of the hard-core believers and debunkers. They care more about being in their little groups than they do getting to the truth. It's been lime that for decades.

Us humans like belonging to groups.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
One thing I have noticed about Richard over the years is that he doesn't defame people.

...:

Somehow you seem to have missed his latest attacks on Phil Klass.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

[

[sigh] Sadly, I agree, and this sounds like my own verdict in my 1979 'Cutty Sark Is-UFOlogy-a-science?" world essay contest winning paper... www.debunker.com...

"The most regrettable aspect of this current [1979!!] unscientific state for "ufology'' is that it is not a judgment on the actual validity of many of the published speculations about what might be behind the "true UFO" sightings (if any exist). Alien spacecraft could well be visiting Earth, and there are at least a dozen valid reasons why "they'' might decide not to make overt contact, while allowing Earthmen to catch glimpses of them. UFOs might well represent some other phenomenon, such as "psychic projections", "time machines", a terrestrial but undiscovered civilization or life form, or many other similarly bizarre possibilities. The only thing that can he said scientifically is that none of these suggestions has been even suggested, much less proved in any rigorous sense.

The pity is that if such eventualities should come to pass, and the ufologists are proved "right' ', they will in all probability have impeded rather than accelerated the acceptance of that phenomenon by traditional science. This is because the new theories will most likely be championed by those ufologists already badly discredited by too many cries of "wolf!'', by too many endorsements of what subsequently turned out to have been hoaxes, and by too many anti-scientific assertions and claims. They would be "right" only by accident, not by their own virtue.

Nor would it be fair to judge ufology by the quality and quantity of the outright crackpots whom it attracts -- other fields, such as medicine, religion, education and economics, have certainly attracted crackpots as well. Yet it cannot be overlooked that ufology seems to have attracted more than its fair share of cranks, and that it has failed to police adequately its own ranks in this regard.

Where is the "ufology" movement likely to be after another 30 years? Perhaps new evidence will finally appear which can stand up to scientific scrutiny. Perhaps self-styled ufologists will establish truly scientific standards of evidence, will accept the burden of proof, will produce "falsifiable" theories, and will seek to formulate their science on positive rather than negative logic. Perhaps something significant will come out of this after all.

Many skeptical observers join ufologists in hoping so, because if any of the claims of ufology prove valid it would indeed rate as a major scientific breakthrough, perhaps one of the most important such events in human history (even if not, the UFO movement would then "merely" be the most powerful public delusion of the century, which is in itself well worthy of sociological and psychological study). But in more cynical moments, such skeptics fall back upon the famous quotation attributed by Boswell to Samuel Johnson when he learned of the news of a friend's second marriage. "Ahh," Johnson is quoted as saying, "the triumph of hope over experience."
edit on 1-8-2020 by JimOberg because: add excerpt

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have yet to encounter anyone who seem to be more than 80% correct in their beliefs and predictions.
But I think is Dolan is more trustworthy than the average person (even if I disagree with some of his statements).
Ufology would be worse off without him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join