It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google adds ‘Black-owned’ business attribute to local listings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X

Are you freaking Serious ? That is plain Racist but yeah it ok because some say so ? No any form of racist is bad even the "positive" one !

I don't think it is possible to have positive racism... I think the word you are looking for is discriminatory which can be both legal and illegal.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88
I hope they do the same for so-called Mexican restaurants. Lots of cheap knock-offs around. I want Steak Tacos from real Mexicans owners.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
I rambled and decided to hit send at the end of it all. Go ahead, if you can, and shoot me the number for Tommy Fitz's so I can get some deep fried frozen egg rorrs that were purchased at the local grocery.

You got it. I'll also throw you the number for Big Gay Ice Cream on 7th Ave for desert.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
ever go to a mexican spot and its justa white guy and black dude back there?

Yeah... no thanks.

originally posted by: Lysergic
Youre so racist.

Deerfolk make good burritos.

Dude, this is why you're awesome.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
We have a place in Reno...

Bro, Carlillos Cucina is possibly one of the best places I've been for Mexican.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I haven't been.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I think this is fine. Simply check the box and then you'll know exactly where not to shop. Fine by me, this can go both ways you know.

edit on 31-7-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I haven't been.

Thanks for the heads up.

I love the carne asada.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have a dream.....that one day, the black man will be more equal than the white man! I dream that one day my grand kids will be handed cash in reparations!

Oh wait, that was the other guy, that wasn't what MLK had a dream about at all. Sorry, wrong thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
File away under: Things which have unintended consequences.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Well that's exclusionary as all f#. I certainly will not be using it, not that I ever used the internet before to find a business (that's what word-of-mouth or driving/walking around an area is for, duh)

I swapped over to Duck Duck Go a while ago, I see zero incentive to switch back to Google. This more or less makes it clear to me they're not worth so much as a cookie in the browser at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ignoring you can’t or simply deny the racism in supporting business based on race, do you see google showing minority status or BLACK status? That’s not the same thing is it? Offering help to people struggling to start a business makes sense, denying help to other people based on race doesn’t make sense, yet it’s also a position you support. But it feels good helping “victims” and it’s a lot easier to know if someone is a victim or not by judging their skin than getting to know them and their situation.

Your support of this (again seems questionably racist or at least not thought out how by helping one group because of race you’re denying help to others because of race), doesn’t seem to be what google is doing. It’s labeling business as BLACK owned and also labeling non black business.

a reply to: Phage

edit on 1-8-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Dolby_X

You don't seem to have read that definition very carefully.

Against whom is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism being directed when a notation is made of a minority (black) owned business?

So you don’t mind if a notation is made that a business is white-owned? I honestly don’t understand how an intelligent person like you can’t see the hypocrisy and racism in this. It’s like your logic has turned off.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join