It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google adds ‘Black-owned’ business attribute to local listings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You dont need such a site if you arent a retard and can use the process of elimination against the other site.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Thanks, Google. I couldn't care less who owns a business. If I walk into a business and like what I see, along with their service, I'll continue to use them. If I don't like what I see, or the service I get, I won't return. It's a lot more simple to judge where to go if you base your preference on character and not skin color. I can't name the color of one single store owner that I like to go to besides the one in my home town, and that store is owned by Middle Eastern people. They like me and my dad so much that half the time they push our cash or credit card back to us (when we eat at the restaurant there) and tell us not to worry about paying. Good service brings me back, not skin color.

The sooner we can let that sh*t go, the sooner we can stop trying to revert this country back to 1960. I'm looking at you, democrats.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I want a checkbox to exclude all the white-owned establishments like S***-Fil-A and Jack's Straight Bakery.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
a reply to: Phage

Nah but more information based on a color of a skin is basicly the defenition of racism !

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

So yeah making these race only certification is plain racist !

EDIT: btw im not against the goal they have but they replicated exactly what they should be fighting against

Yeah, this country came a long long way with race relations before it took a heavy u-turn in the early 2010's and started going backwards. People couldn't even disagree with obama's message without being deemed a racist, and that's when it started. Every little thing that could be tied into racism (only by whites of course) was blasted out across the media and it's gotten worse by the month. We've damn near erased 50 years of race relations in a single decade.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Uber East has been doing this for months now.

Doesn’t really matter to me, I’m already aware of the places I go for my needs. I can’t remember the last time I Google’d where a store was. I also didn’t feel the need to start purposefully choosing black-owned restaurants off Uber Eats just because it was there, if I want a certain food, I’m going to get it.

My checklist for shopping is pretty simple-
Do they have what I need?
Can I get it at a brick and mortar store over a big box store?

That’s really all I care about when it comes to shopping. I’ll always pick the brick and mortar store over a big box unless the brick and mortar’s prices are way over the big box. For smaller things, I’ll still pay a little extra to support the B&M’s. I’ve got 2 Guitar Center’s that sell my guitar/bass strings for cheaper and they’re closer than the small, ma and pop music store, but I still go to the ma and pop store anyway because in general, I hate Guitar Center due to their staff.
For large items, I try to get the ma and pop store to match the price of a big store, they usually can. I’m not going to spend $2500 on something I can buy for $1900 somewhere else because it’s just foolish, IMO. But I will buy something for $10 at a ma and pop joint when I can buy it for $8 at a chain store.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Taken, stolen... That has happened throughout the world, throughout history. Had that never happened, you either wouldn't be here, or you'd be living in a tepee and hunting your food while the countries around you grew, then you'd be getting killed or pushed another direction as the Chinese or Russians laid claim to this land. Thank your lucky stars our history happened.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
Can we get a check box for white people?

Does everyone see why this is blatant racism now?

Jesus Christ, people are getting dumber.

Just more brain food for the weak-minded and guilty.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I’ve never ever chosen a business because of the business owners race, ever.

Really? Well that makes one of us.

I don't frequently eat Chinese food but when I do I don't go to Tommy Fitzpatrick's Authentic Szechuan Cuisine establishment.

I'd hope not... Asians aren't usually dumb enough to name their restaurant something like that. Around here, if you want good Asian food, you eat at Shogun, Imperial Cathay, Hong Kong City, Ming Garden, China Flag, Lin's Kitchen, or Rucky Parace. And don't eat the crawfish on the China Flag or Hong Kong City's buffet, it's not seasoned. That's like going to El Jimador's for chicken strips, or Trejo's Mexican Restaurant for a hamburger.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

LOL, the implication was it was run by an Irish dude. Uncle Salty can't cook ethnic food.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ever go to a mexican spot and its justa white guy and black dude back there?

Yeah... no thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
ever go to a mexican spot and its justa white guy and black dude back there?

Yeah... no thanks.

Youre so racist.

Deerfolk make good burritos.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: LSU2018

LOL, the implication was it was run by an Irish dude. Uncle Salty can't cook ethnic food.

I know, I was trying to think of something like Larry's Big Country African Delicatessen but I couldn't figure anything out in time and I was getting pressured to do something for the boss (AS IF). I rambled and decided to hit send at the end of it all. Go ahead, if you can, and shoot me the number for Tommy Fitz's so I can get some deep fried frozen egg rorrs that were purchased at the local grocery.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Dolby_X

Nah but more information based on a color of a skin is basicly the defenition of racism !

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

So yeah making these race only certification is plain racist !

EDIT: btw im not against the goal they have but they replicated exactly what they should be fighting against

Yeah, this country came a long long way with race relations before it took a heavy u-turn in the early 2010's and started going backwards. People couldn't even disagree with obama's message without being deemed a racist, and that's when it started. Every little thing that could be tied into racism (only by whites of course) was blasted out across the media and it's gotten worse by the month. We've damn near erased 50 years of race relations in a single decade.

I don’t disagree with this at all and I think it’s the plague of allowing the vocal minority to set the tone for the whole country, which needs to stop. It would certainly avoid a lot of issues. That went both ways during the Obama period as I remember when he was first elected, there were members of the black community taking that as a free pass to treat whites like sh!t, but it was mainly small, stupid incidents, like walking in front of traffic if it was a white person in the car and saying “Obama president now! What you gonna do?”. But then you also had a small amount of the actual racist whites who were saying stupid sh!t about the black community and their fears of having a POC for a president. Both were vocal minorities and the majority of the people of both races weren’t experiencing that stuff in their daily lives.

Of course issues are going to pop up, it’s impossible to cut them out entirely, but magnifying them and making the world believe that it’s the way it is everywhere is the wrong thing to do.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The weirdest I seen in TX was this place called ChinaMex.

it's chinese takeout with mexican food.

/shrug

I just live on this planet.
edit on 31-7-2020 by Lysergic because: wuflumex

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

We have a place in Reno called Carlos O'Malley's. It's a Mexican Irish restaurant.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

We have a place in Reno called Carlos O'Malley's. It's a Mexican Irish restaurant.

People like to get around eh?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: projectvxn

You dont need such a site if you arent a retard and can use the process of elimination against the other site.

Not really the point I was making. But OK.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So, don't check that box if you so so offended.

Let me introduce you to MWBE, in case you have been living in a cave for a while. Some people care. You don't have to.
www.mwbe-enterprises.com...

I'll check it so I know which businesses to avoid

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

In the best ways too.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I hope Google adds a photo of the Black business owner, to avoid helping someone who is 1/1,000th Black, from capitalizing on the initiative.

I think the whitest white person is still 1 to 2% black... Don't shame my white blackness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join