It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon state troopers start duty at federal courthouse ahead of Portland protests Thursday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nah better elevate him to a national hero riot and burn business !

pretty much what blm have done of each of these case
edit on 30-7-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Phage
To create division where there seemed to be a consensus developing.

...a consensus to behave like goddamned animals over the death of a worthless predatory felon. Sounds like they're just overflowing with good choices and big brain energy, yet again. How many of the BLM "champions" have turned out to be good people worthy of mourning, or who's lives even mattered since this crap started a decade ago? I'll give them the Taylor woman in Louisville... but aside from her I'm hard pressed to find any who's lives mattered or who's deaths deserve mourning beyond that of their families (and in some cases even that's questionable... Rayshart Brooks was out of prison for having beaten his own children to a felonious degree, so I'd be sort of surprised if they really missed "daddy") the jacking giant in Ferguson was robbing stores and tried to assault the officer who responded to the robbery report... I'm having a real tough time finding any horses the BLM wagon hitched itself to that are actually capable of pulling a load.

Goodness sakes, man, take a second a re-read what you wrote. That's an awful lot of hatred to hold in your heart. Are you just having a bad day? I truly hope you can find it in yourself to see the good in humanity and let go of all that negativity.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

He's not a hero.
He didn't deserve to die.

edit on 7/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You are right but you left the best part of that phrase .... riot and burn business !

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You are conflating peaceful protestors with violent instigators. Which is what the instigators want you to do.

Puppet.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Can you stop with these name calling im not a puppet im sorry but i was in protest/riot to your not alone with life experience as we have seen in protest already respectfull and responsible protester will shield house busines etc from rioter and looter ! if you stay there to watch the show, you are as low as the rioter !
edit on 30-7-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

if you stay there to watch the show are as low as the rioter !

Do you watch the videos? What does that make you?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
WTH those Jackboots of Kate Brown are invading Portland stomping on the rights of peaceful protesters...

Are we going to stand for this?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

WTH are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You are conflating peaceful protestors with violent instigators. Which is what the instigators want you to do.

Puppet.

So at what point does a protest become violent? What should happen to the "peaceful" ones that stand right next to the violent ones?

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

From the live feeds, it Doesn't look like the terrorist instigators have arrived yet. Hopefully they've had a change in their ways...or have been locked up.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

WTH are you talking about?

Governor Kate Brown is sending in her jackboots state level officers to Portland to replace, support the feds. The Mayor is against this...BTW...

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So at what point does a protest become violent? What should happen to the "peaceful" ones that stand right next to the violent ones?

They should be left alone because they have a first Amendment right to peaceful protest, and the actions of someone next to you does not nullify your First Amendment right.

Do you believe in consequences for the whole due to the actions of a few?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Violence is violence, whether against person or property.
If one does not commit violence one is not violent.
If one is witnessed committing a crime, one should be lawfully arrested and have their day in court.

edit on 7/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Governor Kate Brown is sending in her jackboots state level officers to Portland to replace, support the feds.

The governor can call in the National Guard, if necessary. But at least they would be identifiable as such.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

once the violence and damages begin, all persons there are considered "rioters".
protesters should leave.
at least that's the way i see it.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Well, I don't.
Speaking from personal experience, decades ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

They should be left alone because they have a first Amendment right to peaceful protest, and the actions of someone next to you does not nullify your First Amendment right.

Do you believe in consequences for the whole due to the actions of a few?

How do you differentiate? Most peaceful protesting takes place in Pioneer square. Those that go to the fed court house are not peaceful even if mixed in are "peaceful" ones...I put that in quotes for a reason. To have "mothers" line up in front as those in the back launch commercial grade fireworks, throw frozen water bottle, throw bottles with urine etc, use lasers...powerful ones etc...are the mothers peaceful at that point?

I don't know the answer other than maybe you hold demonstrations away from the court house, don't dress in your battle gear with a purpose of violence..

Dr. King would roll over in his grave....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join