It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aamon Bundy Supports The Average BLM Member And Defunding Police

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Sounds like ge is searching for some useful idiots.

You know fodder.

a reply to: frogs453

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

BLM is far from perfect but the general message that most protesters are protesting about are civil rights. BLM doesn't mean all lives don't matter. It's a saying to focus attention to minorities who feel their voice is being ignored.

So by saying all lives matter, you're taking the focus away from the racial aspect of these issues.

BLM has been a worldwide success. I think even kenyans were using blm to protest the police brutality there.

BLM should of been more organized and focused. They weren't and let antifa and rioters run free without strong condemnation.

However, that doesn't change the fact that many peaceful protesters with legitimate issues are using the BLM moment worldwide to change their communities..

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Are you saying that innocent people of color that are killed by the police are insignificant?

Since it's only a few killed we should not do anything about it?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Civil rights? That hasn't been an issue since the 60's. BLM took something that wasn't broke and tried to fix it. I quit trying to understand their message when I researched statistics and found out that more whites are killed, by far, by police.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Are you saying that innocent people of color that are killed by the police are insignificant?

Since it's only a few killed we should not do anything about it?

No, you act like a normal person and go after the cop that did it, not the other 800,000 cops that weren't involved. Black on white murder is a higher number than blacks who are killed by cops. Should white people start White Lives Matter and start protesting black people? No, it wouldn't make any sense. You go after the person responsible.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

That's because there are far more whites than blacks. There hasn't been an issue since the 60s?....

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

but the general message that most protesters are protesting about are civil rights

Yes just like ISIS's message is to enforce the word of "god' .. Just like hitler's message was to build a better germany but leave the slaughter part till the end.

So by saying all lives matter, you're taking the focus away from the racial aspect of these issues.

Wrong. The all lives matter is calling out black lives matter double standards and blatant racism . Anytime you put a color it means exactly that.

BLM has been a worldwide success. I think even kenyans were using blm to protest the police brutality there

It's been a success for the right . Showing the mental illness / terrorists that is BLM and ANTIFA. My friends and family all supported BLM right near george floyds death. Now they all lost support for them and only talk about the destruction of the party . SO if by success you mean exposed them for what they are. I would say YES ! Gold Medal !

BLM should of been more organized and focused. They weren't and let antifa and rioters run free without strong condemnation.

More organized and focused lol. You have BLM pushing black supremacy , You have Antifa pushing anarchy and marxism , You have democrats using both against trump. You mix all 3 together they feed off each other. The reason why BLM welcomes ANTIFA is because they bring choas which means media coverage. The reason Democrats put up with it , is because they can use choas against trump ... They are all in it together. They are all guilty . They are all anti-american. They use "racism and police brutality" as a excuse for their real motives. They love the choas , violence and destruction. How do we know ? Because you hear it in their chants during their "peaceful" protests.

However, that doesn't change the fact that many peaceful protesters with legitimate issues are using the BLM moment worldwide to change their communities..

There is no such thing as peaceful with BLM> "No Justice No peace" Signs and Chants . Incites violence and takes away from the "peaceful" "Who's streets? " "OUR STREETS" ... Is using intimidation to push a "peaceful " message...

ISIS hides with locals to blend in , so NATO Forces can't identify and prosecute them.
BLM hides behind a bs cause they don't care about to push their own agenda.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

That's because there are far more whites than blacks. There hasn't been an issue since the 60s?....

Yes far more white than blacks. But look at the crime rates of black people compared to white... They are commiting a far higher percentage of crime for their population. 13 percent of population responsible for 50 percent of murders?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

LMFO exactly ! BLM actually is creating more racists , hate and divide . They are reinforcing negative stereotypes and erasing gains made since civil rights.

The stupidity of these fools. Problem is most of them are progressive and suffer from mental disorders. INstead of getting these people help. We let them scream with a mega phone about how they "oppressed"

I would love to visit a mental asylum and give all the patients a mega phone , let them roam the streets and lets see what they wanna yell about ...

Where is the line

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

He's a libertarian...this is a libertarian viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Right, go after the cop that did it.

THAT DOESN'T WORK.

People do try go after the cops that do bad things. The other cops cover for each other, they make up lies to protect the guilty cop. Then the court system gives them qualified immunity or just doesn't convict them. Oh and let's not forget the how the police unions rally around scumbag cops.

There is a problem with the police that needs to be addressed because the system we currently have has issues. The police are there to enforce the law. When they take someone into custody and murder them we have a problem. And then we have an even larger problem when they kill someone and the courts say that they are immune from prosecution.

People are mad at the police because there's very valid reasons to be mad.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He is, in which I am not surprised by his viewpoints. However it seems like a lot of people who responded to him were upset. Possibly they don't understand Libertarian ideals.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CREATE YOUR RIGHTS; YOUR RIGHTS CAN ONLY BE RESTRICTED.

I have to disagree.

Nobody has any rights without laws.

Without codified/legal rights you don't have any apart from what you can take by force/coercion/trade...

What rights do you think you have without a legal system to enforce them for you?

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Right, go after the cop that did it.

THAT DOESN'T WORK.

People do try go after the cops that do bad things. The other cops cover for each other, they make up lies to protect the guilty cop. Then the court system gives them qualified immunity or just doesn't convict them. Oh and let's not forget the how the police unions rally around scumbag cops.

There is a problem with the police that needs to be addressed because the system we currently have has issues. The police are there to enforce the law. When they take someone into custody and murder them we have a problem. And then we have an even larger problem when they kill someone and the courts say that they are immune from prosecution.

People are mad at the police because there's very valid reasons to be mad.

so your saying silence is violence ? You are saying when people go after cops to punish the guilty , good cops protect them ?

Now. When there is a murder and police come to investigate to punish and arrest the guilty . Why are they met with "Snitches Get Stitches " ?

Do you see the double standards ? How can you expect the cops to uphold standards that communities don't uphold themselves ? If its about fairness and helping each other ...

Then shouldn't we abolish "snitches get stitches" .... But of course we know that won't happen because BLM is nothing but double standards

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

The sad part is, with situations like this, there's never a shortage of people who will dig & dig until they find some unrelated negative incident or criminal charge in the victim's past and use that to 'justify' why he deserved it.

Whenever a controversial police killing comes around, people are all over the victims past but never even think of looking into the responsible officer's past. Many Americans have an almost instinctive tendency to side with the police by default, it's sad.

It depends.... for blacks about 250 are shot and killed by police per year, about 10 were not armed and just a few were not armed and not committing a crime. What this means is the vast majority were armed and committing a crime, so ya most of them died because of this. There is like 375 million cop encounters per year...and out of that a total of 1000 people on average are killed, and well over 95% killed are armed and committing a crime...so I'm not sure your point here as it is rather rare that an innocent person is shot by police... yes it does happen and I will say so when it does, but it is an extremely low number...

So like the 10 shooting per year for the Black population of 40 million that are cases that could be bad shootings, and could be not, means we should defund the police? That is a light weekend in Chicago alone...

Hey, I'm right there too with bad shootings, I have many posts on past ones saying they were bad, but I see it like if a bad doctor kills someone then we should get rid off all doctors... doesn't make sense does it that way.

How about increasing funding for training/education, do annual psyc evals, increase pay for higher quality of staffing, go back to partners....

Much of what we see is cops in many places do not know how to limit their initial force for the situation and do not deescalate the force at the right time, and that is training and changing culture. Also the study back in the 70s suggesting one cop is as efficient as too was flawed. It didn't take into account that a solo cop will pull and use their gun more being solo and not partnered.

We also need to work on these dysfunctional societies that have high crime, drugs, dysfunctional families etc where the cops tend to also be hard as they mirror the society they work in. There is a lot going on here and defunding the police is like the worst thing you can do.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

You have a 5th amendment right to be not deprived of life, liberty or property without a trial.

The only thing I'm seeing here is people making excuses for tyrants with a badge.
edit on 31-7-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Ah so we are sticking with the double standards ? This is why i can't support you clowns.

"The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects people from being compelled to give testimony that could incriminate them. This is not the same as saying that a person has a right to silence at all times. In some situations, police may use silence itself as incriminating evidenc"

We wanna play this game?

YOu hide behind the 5th to help murder victims , rapists , pedophiles and other crimes to getaway with it because of "snitches get stitches " ...

If that's the case. I'll take the police covering for their boys. Over you covering for your homies.

See we both found a solution.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

YOu hide behind the 5th to help murder victims , rapists , pedophiles and other crimes to getaway with it because of "snitches get stitches " ...

Like the cops get away with murdering people. Or the cops get away with raping women. Luckily enough the cops don't seem to care for pedophiles. Those cops that run pedophilia rings and sex trafficking rings get caught and go to prison.

I hope you never get your rights violated by the police for no reason.

Have a good one.
edit on 31-7-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Cops don't get away with murdering people. There are many many cases where they are charged.

Vast majority of black deaths is from other black people not cops.
Vast Majority of rapes is from the general public not cops.
Pedophiles are protected by the Left, progressives , media and democrats. Since that's where majority of pedohpiles thrive.

The same party you support is the kings of pedophilia . The problem starts with you .

I've had cops pull guns on me , i've been arrested and roughed up by police.

Do i hate the cops ? No... Why am i alive and not in jail ? Because i don't play victim mentality and take my own personal responsiblity .

If police violate my rights i can take them to court

If you hoodrats violate my rights. Who am i going to take to court with your "snitches get stitches " policy

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

And there are far too many cases where they are not charged. We need to hold our public servants accountable.

Vast majority of black deaths is from other black people not cops.

The vast majority of white deaths are from other white people. Who cares? It's a red herring question.

Put all pedos in prison. And you have them on the right as well. But that's not pertinant to the current conversation. Enough with the whataboutisms.

And this isn't about hating cops. It's about keeping them accountable when they violate someones rights. Because half the time if you do try to take them to court they get qualified immunity and nothing happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join