It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for the Hippocratic Oath..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So now we distribute drugs on the basis of economic condition...

www.foxnews.com...

The antiviral drug remdisivir has been effective in treating COVID-19, reducing risk of death for severely ill patients by 62 percent. It is also scarce, leaving a number of states in fear of running out as coronavirus cases continue to rise across the country.

As a solution to this problem, Pennsylvania is encouraging healthcare providers to use a “weighted lottery” system to decide which patients are treated with this lifesaving drug and who goes without. Instead of medical need being the deciding factor of who receives a drug, this lottery is weighted in favor of those who sit lower on the socioeconomic spectrum.

Nice work...

For those of you not familiar with The Oath:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Every one of these medical professionals should lose their license to practice. Immediately.

Oh but guess what will happen to your Liberal Overlords/politicians who need treatment? Guaranteed front of the line...

I used to be live and let live, but the more left wingers put their full display of BS on display I just can’t remain agnostic any longer.

Treat sick on the basis of severity - all of them. I don’t care if they’re homeless or a billionaire.

You lefties are literally going to be the end of the American Experiment.

And yet, as I say all of this, none of you have the balls to actually acknowledge this is a real slippery slope.

Screw you and yours. And as always, thanks for nothing.

Wait? Here comes the “but it’s a shortage and you don’t get it” crap... or, other liberal drivel.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Every one of these medical professionals should lose their license to practice. Immediately.

I’d be surprised if any of the people this administration is using as “experts” had one in the first place.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I’d be surprised if any of the people this administration is using as “experts” had one in the first place.

The "expertise" is in taking folks money.
Period.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Pennsylvania is encouraging

Hopefully the doctors refuse.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Medical Covid-19 high-risk patients should be first in line....just like they will be for the vaccine.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Dont worry.

Us lowlife blue collar people can quit fixing their cars, homes, and latte' machines.

We can also quit working on the electrical/internet infrastructure.

Sanitation would be amusing as well.

See how long they last when they can't spit on us peons from their lofty perches.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Pennsylvania, the state where medical/scientific advice is given by an "expert" that is a dude in a dress. Where you can catch corona by going to an antique shop but not at Walmart. Where liquor stores are deemed a "necessity." Where masks "prevent disease" unless you're out protesting and then they're medically unnecessary. Where nursing homes are "perfectly safe" for everyone, except said liberal overlord's family members.

Oh and by the way, there "is no such thing as a slippery slope," according to the line jumpers.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Nope. But the Docs do.

All the docs who abide by this should be barred from practicing medicine immediately. They should also be sued by every patient’s family whom they denied the drug to, personally or as a practice and the hospital, and also arrested for murder.

All politicians who supported this should be charged with murder for every patient who dies and convicted of mass first degree murder.

And then they should suffer the death penalty post-conviction.

I mean, they were first in line for other drugs, right? Why should the lethal injection process be any different?

Unreal.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Medical Covid-19 high-risk patients should be first in line....just like they will be for the vaccine.

Ding ding! We have a winner here... because that’s how medicine is SUPPOSED TO WORK under these conditions!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Pennsylvania is encouraging

Hopefully the doctors refuse.

Every one of them that does deserves a medal.

They put their sworn oath to help humans above profits or political posturing.

If I were them, and they fired me when I refused to play this game, I’d sue the state for enough money to put them further in debt for years. And I’d sue the hospital for compliance and any physician who tried to force me to kill someone.

Wouldn’t be hard to make that case and win. At all. I hope someone does it.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Your source

“Additionally, the Department of Human Services, Department of Health and PA Emergency Management Agency, along with a number of other stakeholder groups, developed a system of set recommendations for how the hospitals can allocate RDV. These recommendations are available for use by all hospitals, and promote equal access to this treatment based on clinical judgment. While utilization of these guidelines is completely optional and up to the facility and the individual health care provider, we emphasize the need to make treatment accessible to all who can best benefit from its use," the statement continued.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

edit on 30-7-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Your source

“Additionally, the Department of Human Services, Department of Health and PA Emergency Management Agency, along with a number of other stakeholder groups, developed a system of set recommendations for how the hospitals can allocate RDV. These recommendations are available for use by all hospitals, and promote equal access to this treatment based on clinical judgment. While utilization of these guidelines is completely optional and up to the facility and the individual health care provider, we emphasize the need to make treatment accessible to all who can best benefit from its use," the statement continued.

Ah, Phage!

Do you ever get tired of hanging on?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You mean denying ignorance? Remember when that was the motto of this place?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
So now we distribute drugs on the basis of economic condition...

Oh but guess what will happen to your Liberal Overlords/politicians who need treatment? Guaranteed front of the line...

I used to be live and let live, but the more left wingers put their full display of BS on display I just can’t remain agnostic any longer.

Treat sick on the basis of severity - all of them. I don’t care if they’re homeless or a billionaire.

You lefties are literally going to be the end of the American Experiment.

And yet, as I say all of this, none of you have the balls to actually acknowledge this is a real slippery slope.

Screw you and yours. And as always, thanks for nothing.

Wait? Here comes the “but it’s a shortage and you don’t get it” crap... or, other liberal drivel.

So let me remind you that during my lifetime, health care USED TO BE NON-PROFIT. However, Richard Nixon (R) and big business decided that capitalism made for better health care than socialized medicine

healthoverprofit.org...

And let me also remind you that the liberals have been fighting for universal health care (which would have addressed this) and a reform of the health care system (under the idea that capitalism for social services is not a good idea.)

However, capitalists are concerned that this means healthy people will be bailing out sick people.

You can't have it both ways. Either you want affordable treatment for everyone or you want government out of business (which includes health care.)

I chose "meddling government" a very long time ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The oath and the medical professional symbolism date back
deep in history. I just keep real simple and never since my
ancient history class of seventh grade have I separated the two.
So for me it's always been the Oath of Reptiles or the Oath of the
Forked Tongue.

Whole world is complete horse s&^T!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You mean denying ignorance? Remember when that was the motto of this place?

No.

I mean your hands getting tired from hanging onto liberal sacks.

#DenyIgnorance

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You have such a way with words. Ad homs are oh so effective.

Too bad you don't read your sources.

edit on 7/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join