It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Faith America! Air Products announces $5bn renewable Hydrogen to Ammonia Investment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
First of all, specifically if you are a Democrat, trust the science and read this. If you are a CO2 fanatic then read this. The earth will be saved by this development. I used to work for Air Products in Cryogenics.

This fuel; Hydrogen applies to planes, trains, automobiles, power generation and all things energy. The European Union will integrate Hydrogen such that by 2030 it will begin to dent the Russian Natural Gas pipeline. This is a game changer as the technology has finally evolved.

No, its not a conspiracy. alien technology or some area 51 stuff. The technology has evolved. This makes the Green New Deal plane, train and automobile directive obsolete as the technology will get there. Even big oil cannot stop it.

Air Products announces $5bn renewable hydrogen to ammonia investment

Adoption of EU hydrogen strategy

On 8 July the EU hydrogen strategy was adopted. This strategy will explore how clean hydrogen can help reduce the EU economy’s carbon emissions, and make the EU climate-neutral by 2050. Continuous research and development is required to ensure that hydrogen technologies are technically improved, highly efficient, and as competitive as possible. The EU framework programmes have supported research and innovation on clean hydrogen for many years, and will continue to do so in the next EU framework programme, Horizon Europe (2021-2027).

Don't read the poo poo people pushers Its real as even the Russians are concerned:

Hydrogen to challenge Russian gas at its biggest market within 15-30 years, say experts

It will get there. ZERO carbon energy.
edit on 30-7-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm a fan, but why 2 threads?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Please please be real.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Good stuff.

Last night, I was thinking about a particular subject that irritates the hell out of me. Bare with me for a bit.

This is what I see happening.

Renewable energy is a viable replacement for MUCH of our electricity needs. Big oil doesn't like it so they lobby to electric companies and state governments to charge renewable energy ideas out the wahoo. The electric companies aren't getting the money they were getting before and in their greed, instead of sharing the wealth, or leaving the country open for new business ventures - jobs and what not... they want to tighten that noose to kill off all possibility of life of those RE companies so they don't miss a dime of our money.

All of this RE tanks and what we see from it is what happened to Chrysler and those battery powered cars that never seen the light of day - new technologies and jobs that never came to be... All for the sake of who's making the profit. They would literally destroy the planet just to make sure that they're the primary receiver of all of that horde of worthless money the last 10 years of human existence.

Because of this... We are no able to use the skills that we're already taught in schools (Electronics), something that we use every single day and would be the ideal course for RE and future tech. It could only grow and stack upon on another for the MORE betterment of all humankind... But nope. Big Oil and Big Electricity wants to stay on top and not only be primary but solitary. No room to share... None to care.

These companies have been and will continue to stifle the flow of technology and possibility because they want this all to themselves. Like the Fed assuring they're the only big daddy bank of banks.... No one likes an open market! How dare others benefit from anything that could be a really great and wonderful thing to happen on this planet...

This... This is what infuriates me. RE doesn't replace oil. Oil is something we will always need. It doesn't replace coal. It doesn't make those companies any poorer. It simply stops waste. We're wasting all of those resources on things we could be getting from a different, cleaner source. But.... Big Oil, Gas, Coal, Government doesn't care about the right thing to do. Only what fills their pockets quickly.

When RE becomes profitable to government, THAT is when and ONLY when RE will be a true viable thing for government to support. I think the only player there is Musk. Maybe he's the only patch to RE and government can't 'afford' to not listen. RE can exist right along side Big whatevers and the planet will be better off with than without it. Oil is finite, maybe not right now or another 50 years longer than I'll be alive but You'll always need it so you may as well use it as you can get it... No one needs to drink the stuff... That's just gluttony. We could be doing things a whole lot better, in a much better way that's not only profitable but healthier than where we've been and where we're still going.

I hope this gets off the ground and picks up an unstoppable momentum. If we stand any chance of actually progressing with technology here in the US, someone in another country has to do it first and prove that it'll make money and NOT take money away from Big Oil or Big Electric.

Pretty pathetic, I'd say.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Australia has a membrane that converts ammonia into H2 and N2 (with some water if oxygen is around but it is not much).

Their idea is to make hydrogen from water using RE (esp. wind and solar), convert to ammonia to transport around SE Asia. At its destination, use the membrane to convert back to H2 and use.

The problem is storage and cost (scale, where it is not more expensive than oil).

They see nuclear fusion being used to make hydrogen so it is going to happen. It is just a matter of when.

I get it! Like coal, we will have petroleum oil, but not at this scale. Hydrogen just makes sense.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I hope this gets off the ground and picks up an unstoppable momentum

It already has in Europe. The EU has embraced it. It works. The Russians are also scared of it as it drys up their Natural Gas Pipeline. There are Air Separation Plants that can make it right now and have been since the 1990's. Now, assuming that Greta is on the up and up I will look at her transcripts to see if she ever mentions Hydrogen. I will do the same for Rex Tillerson and Trump.

Our DOE receive a $100 million appropriation to study Hydrogen over 5 years. Fooking chump change of a joke.

DOE Announces $100 Million Project to Advance Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Capabilities

The world already has the answer for neutral power thats for all
edit on 31-7-2020 by Waterglass because: added

top topics

join