It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump suggests delay to 2020 Election.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't happen to regard insinuation as evidence. I don't happen to trust Barr's interpretation of anything.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Ya'll are hilarious. People took the bait hook line and sinker. Got everyone all riled up LOL!

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: olaru12
Can you imagine the outrage from the rightwingers if a dembs decided to call off the elections?

Wait, did POTUS decide to call off the elections, or did he float a speculative question. Seems there's a distinct difference between the two.

Yea but his "supporters" may not understand that.

Other way around bud. Media and the far left have been going nuts. I for one laughed when I read the tweet because the amount of rage in the comments were hilarious. I give him an A for such a trigger worthy tweet.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Ya'll are hilarious. People took the bait hook line and sinker.

What's hilarious is the willingness of his supporters to make unfounded excuses for him , funny how Republicans took the bait too.

“I wish he hadn’t said that. But it’s not going to change,” Rubio added. “We’re going to have an election in November. And people should have confidence in it.”

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who is in the line of succession for the presidency as the president pro tempore of the Senate, dismissed Trump’s tweet as just the opinion of one person, noting that it would take an act of Congress to change the date of a federal election.

“It doesn’t matter what one individual in this country says,” Grassley said. “We still are a country based on the rule of law. And we must follow the law until either the Constitution is changed or until the law is changed.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) similarly said he opposes pushing back the date of the election. “No way should we ever not hold an election on the day that we have it,” McCarthy told reporters.
www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
What's hilarious is the willingness of his supporters to make unfounded excuses for him , funny how Republicans took the bait too.

Those clowns are obviously only playing 2D chess.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Lots of people missing the point about rigged mail ballots 🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: jidnum

Ya'll are hilarious. People took the bait hook line and sinker.

“I wish he hadn’t said that. But it’s not going to change,” Rubio added. “We’re going to have an election in November. And people should have confidence in it.”

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who is in the line of succession for the presidency as the president pro tempore of the Senate, dismissed Trump’s tweet as just the opinion of one person, noting that it would take an act of Congress to change the date of a federal election.

“It doesn’t matter what one individual in this country says,” Grassley said. “We still are a country based on the rule of law. And we must follow the law until either the Constitution is changed or until the law is changed.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) similarly said he opposes pushing back the date of the election. “No way should we ever not hold an election on the day that we have it,” McCarthy told reporters.
www.politico.com...

What's hilarious is I said PEOPLE and you somehow thought I only meant Democrats or something. People = PEOPLE. not any particular type of person but....PEOPLE. LMAO

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

He'd go through major depressive withdrawals and probably psychosis.

psychosis.

I wonder at his ability to believe himself the hero he touts himself to be. That is he spent decades as only a sniper at the political arena. There was then at least a semblance of balance in him, his neuroses were not challenged enough to be pushed OUT of balance.

i continue to hold that he did not really want to be potus, only ran to promote his ''brand''. But the role he assumed for that simple cause was more potent then he had assumed and he won. He was forced to step way out of his ''neurotic comfort zone'' and re-adjust those neuroses to the hero persona he had pretended to be. His supporters opened the door for him to transfer his once balanced neuroses into a persona of hero, one he had little to no experience being. Other than a hero to himslef,he was now a hero to half that nation.

I think I just answered my own question, I don't wonder anymore, I think he is in his mind, the hero he presents himself to be.

So will he sit down like Davy Crockett in the Alamo, refuse to budge while defending his ''hero'' status?
What story line will he adopt if he is voted out. That Alamo reference might be one he will adapt to. Setting up his own alternative media outlet from which he could maintain that '' hero of the Revolution'' role. From that perch he could revert to the ''sniper'' persona, one he is familiar with. But this time it won't be a sniper rifle but rather a bazooka or missile launcher.

Or maybe he might assume a '' MacArthur'' storyline. ''i shall return'' in 2024. That could provide the nourishment for that ''hero'' neurosis he has developed. I'm struggling here to find some manner of adaption that might allow him to avoid the full blown psychosis you brought up. How successful he will be is a grand discussion.

I suppose a lot depends on how his supporters go. What role will they allow him.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Not going to happen

Just need to make sure fraud and foreign influence is totally eliminated

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You know, Xtro, I get that he is just being Trump. I think he really believes that he is a genius. I think he really believes that the ''rum dum'' that pops into his head could be the stuff of real genius. And without those filters you mention he just spouts them.

So yeah, I don't place too much of a nefarious intent in that statement of his.

Yet. Let's see if he lets it go or decides to double down on it. For me, it needs to be challenged.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Still no-one has explained why Trump couldn't have just come up with some proposals to reform the relevant legislation and announce it through the usual channels rather than suggest an unprecedented suppression of US democratic electoral process via Twatter?

To stir up discussion about it doesn't quite cut it.....he's had three and a half years to do something about it, why choose the eve of the election to do so?

I suspect he wanted to test the water and see if it got any traction before deciding how to progress.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I get that many of his supporters believe almost religiously that he will win again. I get that. The amount of mental gymnastics it takes to continue to believe in the movement of history they think he represents is awesome. The fervency of support necessary to defend him requires no doubt at all.

So if, if, he loses, what roll will you allow him to assume in your life moving forward. Will you listen to the media outlets he frequents. Or the one he establishes.. Will you continue to support his money making enterprises , buy his paraphernalia. Maybe be part of a revolution on hiatus from the power center and support either himself or whoever he chooses as his heir apparent in 2024?

Or, in the highly unlikely event his just packs up and quietly heads to the golf course , how would you be with that? is Trump a do or die stand in the face of rising chaos for you?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Not only do they believe that he will win, they will believe it will a landslide. I am also convinced they will not accept the results and cry voter fraud...

It is as if they forget he lost the popular vote by millions.

Trump's best chance of winning is voter suppression and election fraud. I would not put it past him to press his loyalist attempt something shady in a must win state like Florida.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Trump's best chance of winning is...

...a piano falling on each of his contenders in succession until they are none remaining or if Hillary runs again. That's about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's one of things I love about you, your ability to so easily run from the ridiculous to the sublime, or is it the other way around as in

or if Hillary runs again.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
Ya'll are hilarious. People took the bait hook line and sinker. Got everyone all riled up LOL!

In what kind of loser world is that his job/purpose?

You guys are lost, lost the plot, losing period.

It's actually pretty entertaining to watch the excuses and passes for things that you guys would light your hair on fire if anyone else said

Fauxcons, Fauxconstitutionalists
edit on 1-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You guys? What excuses? I simply said that the tweet was hilarious because it got people riled up.

Don't lump me into a group of people you hate because you assume i'm some certain way.

That's basically equal to racism. LOL

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
a reply to: vonclod

You guys? What excuses? I simply said that the tweet was hilarious because it got people riled up.

Don't lump me into a group of people you hate because you assume i'm some certain way.

That's basically equal to racism. LOL

Ok then, but you honestly think he said it to "rile people up" I don't think so, he said it because he was hoping it would get supported, no master 3d trolling.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

it's only an issue because your dear leader is making it a problem.

Outside of that, the usual issues will surface.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

hillary running again would be a surefire way to effortlessly throw the election to Trump.

Apparently the left hasn't learned anything about multiply failed Presidential candidates, however, 2020 will mark biden's THIRD failed run (just like hillary)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join