It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

supply shortages due to covid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I am also building an addition on my house. There will be a new deck on it that requires PT lumber. Like you said, almost impossible to get. I needed a number of 4x6 and 6x8 posts that WERE impossible to get, but luckily, I could get 2x6 PT, and I bolted them together to get the posts. Not pretty but structurally sound.

Not only are the lumber mills slow, but they are also stressed by the demand, as people are making improvements to property. Looking for an above ground pool? Forget it. Amazon has them back-ordered for a year.

Yes , you can also have all the toilet paper you need, however hand sanitizer is STILL tough to get. The dollar stores used to sell them , but now they are triple the price if you can find them, the dollar stores will never be able to stock them at those levels.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Common sense and neighbourliness seem to be in short supply.

In the physical realm we don't seem to be short anything around here though. Maybe occasionally tomatoes.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I bought 25000 bottle of Buffalo Trace a while back for "just in case". I can sell you one for 40 bucks, but the shipping will be 2000....

That's quite a supply, why not just get a couple barrels at that point?

On topic, I've heard there's an aluminum can shortage, and I've seen evidence of that in the soda & beer aisles. You can still find them, but the shelves are rather bare compared to usual.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

On topic, I've heard there's an aluminum can shortage, and I've seen evidence of that in the soda & beer aisles. You can still find them, but the shelves are rather bare compared to usual.

Seems all micro breweries started to can their beers to get it out, maybe that hit the can market some.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I can't find a head of cabbage to save my life. 6 grocery stores, none of them have a head of cabbage. Giving up...using the ground beef for something else now. I really wanted some cabbage rolls though.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here's another one: veal chops. I had to go to multiple butchers before I could get some.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ammunition.
9mm, 45, 7.62.
Shelves stay empty

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Yes , you can also have all the toilet paper you need, however hand sanitizer is STILL tough to get. The dollar stores used to sell them , but now they are triple the price if you can find them, the dollar stores will never be able to stock them at those levels.

LOL, I live close to a moonshine area, where it recently became legal to make in some cases. Most of the distilleries made hand sanitizer with their brand label and my market is flooded with the stuff. If you need some, come this way. Or if you can't make it this far, let me know and I can wipe some on my hands in a video like I would do for Augustus.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

I noticed the last few beer runs, the mexican beer was all gone. Several times. Another guy comment to me about it and we both agreed, if something was going down, the migrant camps would be good places to go for a brew. BYOL.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In our area, cans of Rotel are hard to get. Why Rotel of all things???? Out all over town. Also we have not seen Clorox or Lysol wipes since February. We do have t.p., paper towels, and hand sanitizer.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

My primary is a .40, and i've had no trouble finding it. I've found .223 often enough to fill all my mags and have a few boxes in reserve.

But 9mm i've not seen in months and months and months on shelves. If you know people who order bulk/wholesale, you can likely get your hands on a few boxes of anything. While i know such people, im not driving to the east coast to pick up ammo, lol.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: vickimouse
In our area, cans of Rotel are hard to get. Why Rotel of all things???? Out all over town. Also we have not seen Clorox or Lysol wipes since February. We do have t.p., paper towels, and hand sanitizer.

Im sure its not the big impact on it, but smoked queso is all the rage on social media smoker and griller groups. On any given day ill see a dozen posts about someone making their smoked queso and showing the world.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Here's another one: veal chops. I had to go to multiple butchers before I could get some.

The times you see veal in texas are so rare that if you really like veal you better grab it. Its always tough and tasteless cuts of meat thats been frozen a few times along the supply chain. I've pounded on it long enough with a mallet to make a breadable veal cutlet that could be chew by nonmechanical means.

Beef on the other hand...i can get you beef all day long. What do you prefer? Grass fed, finished on corn is my preference. But i mean...if you can be choosy why not? 2k for a processed side, vac packed into its constituent parts. About 350lbs total, plus the bones if you want them (yes, please...i like marrow, bone broth, dogs love a good bone.....)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's what I'm talking about. If there wasn't a freezer shortage I'd get that now.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

you animals and your veal.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Cabbage might be my fault. I have been having bacon, cabbage and noodles more often than last year.

But what we are really short on is balls. Seems no one around here has balls anymore. What with all the goofy orders and statewide mandates coming from the Governor...Yep, no one has any balls.
edit on 30-7-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I can't find a head of cabbage to save my life. 6 grocery stores, none of them have a head of cabbage. Giving up...using the ground beef for something else now. I really wanted some cabbage rolls though.

Cabbage is in abundance here in MI, just a smidge pricier per lb compared to last year. Same with corn, it's coming into season up here, but a dozen for 3-4 bucks is actually a bit higher than usual for summer.

Apples (mostly Washington-sourced) are still normally priced, price varies between a buck a lb to upwards of a buck and a half. That will nosedive down to 50-80 cents a lb when it's apple season here in MI in a few more months, and that's when I buy the crap out of half-bushels & fill a 6-quart stock pot full of homemade applesauce. At least twice a month. We go through an insane amount of apples (and applesauce) in the fall in this house, lol.

Meat's still easy to get, though prices HAVE gone up. I cant complain too much when I score a 1 lb rib-eye for $7 or less on sale, though. That's a very filling meal between it & veggies for the 4 of us for $10 total or less!

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My mom, who lives with me, is a contest entering type person. She sweepstakes in the early mornings for 3-4 hours. And she wins all sorts of stuff. Everyone in the family has xbox's and nintendo switches from her.

Last month she won a bushel of apples. We chose to half granny smith, half red delicious. I peeled them all, soaked in lemon water, and vacuum sealed in packages big enough to make an apple pie or apple tart. So i have 20 or 30 some off packages of vacuum sealed apples prepped for pies and stuff.

This year i've been buying more from local growers and farmers markets. I get a better product for the same price in most cases. Had a bank appointment at 2pm, snagged 3 small watermelons and enough tomatos to prep maybe a gallon of sauce this weekend. Had basil drying in the garage since last weekend. Once i make the sauce, ill vacuum seal it, and the dried basil, for storage.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I have noticed some odd things are in short supply. I'm trying to build a deck. Most would think, OK, go grab some lumber and get it done. Try that. Pressure treated lumber is a hot commodity and in short supply. As is change. But the good news is, toilet paper seems to have made a slight recovery.

I was told the shortage of treated lumber is due to plant shut downs, coupled with the time needed for treated lumber to do it's thing. What items have you personally noticed aren't easy to get these days?

I would also add that shortages in building supplies is also due to people at home doing more home projects. Pools are sold out as well, like 12 month wait for pools, and decks are common when putting in an aboveground pool.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
On a side note, read some news south of the border, 3 people died while eating "tequila" flavored gelatin.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join