It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

supply shortages due to covid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have noticed some odd things are in short supply. I'm trying to build a deck. Most would think, OK, go grab some lumber and get it done. Try that. Pressure treated lumber is a hot commodity and in short supply. As is change. But the good news is, toilet paper seems to have made a slight recovery.

I was told the shortage of treated lumber is due to plant shut downs, coupled with the time needed for treated lumber to do it's thing. What items have you personally noticed aren't easy to get these days?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
What items have you personally noticed aren't easy to get these days?

Fava beans. Couldn't find them anywhere this year.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What items have you personally noticed aren't easy to get these days?

Fava beans. Couldn't find them anywhere this year.

they are next to the Chianti, you should have them with a friend.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I can't have them with anybody and it makes me sad. They're such a great spring/summer item and work well with so many dishes besides human liver.

ETA: Here's another, we're all out of Buffalo Trace up here. This is getting close to panic time.

edit on 30-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
< scratches head, wracks brain >

I can't really think of anything in the metro here being in short supply other than, of all crap, handwash dish soaps like Dawn & such being mostly sold out in stores. I grabbed quite literally the last bottle of Meijer store brand on the shelf because the ones I prefer & swap between (depends on sales & coupons, I'm a cheap bitch when it comes to the better stuff) like Method, Dawn, Palmolive, Seventh Gen, etc are completely sold out most of the time. WTF? Seriously, W. T. F? We had a run on butt wipe, now we have a run on handwash dish soaps?

I didn't notice if the stuff for dishwashers (machines, not Aug's basement sacrifice kitchen slave force) was in low supply or out of stock, though. I'll have to remember to check next time, it's at least plausible that's as near-mythical as liquid stuff is right now.
edit on 7/30/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Something very odd, that you can't find here in Mid MI, nor on Amazon? (at a reasonable price)

Wide mouth canning jars, or just wide mouth lids.

20+ years canning, and have never had a problem finding them.
Wonder if it is also because of the plant becoming legal here too?

No idea, but I'm not happy.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I can't have them with anybody and it makes me sad. They're such a great spring/summer item and work well with so many dishes besides human liver.

ETA: Here's another, we're all out of Buffalo Trace up here. This is getting close to panic time.

Local liquor store got a few cases in not long ago. I was able to buy two bottles. I still have one. If you get really, really bad off, let me know. I can drink a glass live on youtube or something and let you know how good it is. Point is, I'm here for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I just came back from the beach for a few days. While there, I noticed paper towels weren't on the shelf, but we brought some with us. But I didn't look for soap and we have a good stock of that at home. Good to know it's the next TP.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Got 3 wallys in the area and having a hard time finding Zest bath bars....

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Toilet bowl cleaner. Can’t find any in my area.

Everyone must be taking hurkin dookies.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

2nd post about soap. I'm starting to feel dirty.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Paper goods again. Tough time finding napkins,kleenex and paper towels at my local store. Although I have to admit I did not search other stores, I am getting low and checked there the past few weeks. Also my teenager is upset they can't get their usual sandwich at Jimmy Johns. They have been out of salami and capicola for almost a month.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Local liquor store got a few cases in not long ago. I was able to buy two bottles. I still have one. If you get really, really bad off, let me know. I can drink a glass live on youtube or something and let you know how good it is. Point is, I'm here for you.

I knew I could count on you.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I knew I could count on you.

If you can hold off a few months, I can do it while you shovel that roof. Just think of how warm it will make you feel to see me sipping on a neat glass of Buffalo Trace.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If you can hold off a few months, I can do it while you shovel that roof. Just think of how warm it will make you feel to see me sipping on a neat glass of Buffalo Trace.

Hopefully I get trapped on the roof again and have to jump off like the last time to make it even more enjoyable for you, evil bastard that you are.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Try and buy a freezer... I wanted to get like an extra 7 cu ft one since I bought a 1/2 cow and they were sold out across America. Luckily I was able to buy a nice used one off of Craigslist.

It is funny what is not out there, and you have no clue until you need it and it is not there.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Hopefully I get trapped on the roof again and have to jump off like the last time to make it even more enjoyable for you, evil bastard that you are.

I bought 25000 bottle of Buffalo Trace a while back for "just in case". I can sell you one for 40 bucks, but the shipping will be 2000....

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Rubbing alcohol
Clorox wipes
Thermometers

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Toilet bowl cleaner. Can’t find any in my area.

Everyone must be taking hurkin dookies.

Best I can figure is if that's the case, people out of work with few places to nowhere to spend their time outside the home have to find something to do with their time. Which usually ends up being....eating a lot at home, be it while stoned/drunk or sober. When bored people eat more, they #2 more, when they #2 more, the throne needs cleaned more often.

Thus a run on toilet cleaner kind of makes some sense in a limited fashion.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Try and buy a freezer... I wanted to get like an extra 7 cu ft one since I bought a 1/2 cow and they were sold out across America. Luckily I was able to buy a nice used one off of Craigslist.

It is funny what is not out there, and you have no clue until you need it and it is not there.

LOL, we tried the same, I forgot about that. I wanted to go in with another guy on 1/2 a cow but couldn't find a freezer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join