It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US suffers worst economic decline on record in second quarter as GDP contracts by 32.9%

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This was the result of the Novel Virus.

The OP isn't capable of being critical or even posting a non biased piece because every thread has to contain Trump in some form and even then, a misleading one.

Op, the world is experience this, together.

This China plague that has decimated the world economy, the Novel virus was always going to be an issue.

The Democrat call for closing down our economy and by extension, the gutless Mayors and Govs who went along with it are the real reasons for this.

Trumps only error was believing this dummies and going along with it, dude WANTS a strong economy to show off.

Today, I place blame on the Democrats, Mayors and Govs.

I will be voting for Trump again to get us out of this mess, with 4 years to go and nothing to Dems can threaten him with, he'll go nuclear on his actions.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
The Democrat call for closing down our economy and by extension, the gutless Mayors and Govs who went along with it are the real reasons for this.

Trumps only error was believing this dummies and going along with it...

Gutless Mayors and Governors: "Let's shut this mofo down!"

Trumpy Bear: "I believe you dummies and I'm going along with this!"

You: "Trump is not responsible at all!"

Me:

Oh, and I really like how you're not for lockdowns anymore like you were in my government bootlicker thread:

I'm no expert, but I do see the same screeching about the economy crashing and...nothing, leaving, once again, you and your ilk scratching your heads and sarcastically laughing it off when the economic engines chug once again.

The beautiful part about this? You're no doctor, therefore, we put no stock in your opinions on the subject and by extension, your ranting about MONEY, while providing zero solutions.

edit on 1-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he's not a government bootlicker

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Dealing with a Novel Virus, can't say that I don't blame.

Probably felt like I did, a temp shutdown, 2 weeks max, that's the extent for me, we can afford it.

But it blossomed into something beyond that, so yeah, Trump NOT RESPONSIBLE AT ALL 😏

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Lol, you made an edit after my post, yet my post explains ANYWAYS why I supported limited lockdown, so nice fail?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Oh, and the only time you used the word 'limited' in all your goofy posts in that thread was asking for 'limited economic stimuli'. Nice try though but the internet is forevah. Forevah, evah? Forevah, evah.

edit on 1-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he's not a government bootlicker

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Ah, resorting to your trolls, still pissed you lost your job and can't pay for $50 haircuts?

Sucks bro, but deal with it 🤭

Anyways, yes, the current report is the result of Novel Virus, I have absolute faith in a rebound, which will happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Lol, triggered much? Why so many edits? Just stick to your guns dude 😚

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ah, resorting to your trolls, still pissed you lost your job and can't pay for $50 haircuts?

I haven't lost my job, where'd you get that from? And the fact that I couldn't go and get my $50 haircut, along with other things, was to point out how the lockdowns and shutdowns were impacting businesses.

Mmmmmmm, government boot, so scrumptious.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I haven't lost my job, where'd you get that from? And the fact that I couldn't go and get my $50 haircut, along with other things, was to point out how the lockdowns and shutdowns were impacting businesses.

Mmmmmmm, government boot, so scrumptious.
Riiight, suuur 😏

Yes Augustus, Boot, it's already been checked off the usual dailg checklist of your trolls, anything left?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Riiight, suuur

Prove me wrong, my posts are there for all to read, just like yours where you agreed with the shutdowns and didn't ever use the word 'limited'.

Mmmmm, more government boot, so yummy and nutritious, it forms the base of my food pyramid of subservience.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

a reply to: links234
Think about that, the Great Depression and the the crash to which the Great Depression was compared to. Someone tell me again how this shutdown was worth while?

It was worth while to the extent people who previously fluffed off personal responsibility literally had their noses rubbed in the wisdom of preparing for lean times. Yeah it was a very drastic way to have happened, but in the last 60-80yrs nothing else made the point. Not Storm preparedness, not periodic power outages, not floods, this country was rife with a "it won't happen to me" mindset.

Then Covid happened to EVERYONE.
This should be a wake up call but instead people are splintering off into subsets trying to address every moral wrong they can think of. SMH. This should be the time we all get our selfish heads out of our butts an be actual adults pulling together. It's our opportunity to rise above.

But NOPE.
Media is only covering the biggest and best tantrums playing out across all socioeconomic groups, all political parties,
all regions of the US. We've turned into a nation of candy-@#$'s. If this disaster isn't enough to motivate us I can't imagine what the next one will have to be to get our attention.

So yeah, the shutdown could have had a silver lining, an actually did for people who paid attention.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
It was worth while to the extent people who previously fluffed off personal responsibility literally had their noses rubbed in the wisdom of preparing for lean times.

There is no preparing for the government to crush your financial well being, your business and/or your life's savings.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Riiight, suuur

Prove me wrong, my posts are there for all to read, just like yours where you agreed with the shutdowns and didn't ever use the word 'limited'.

Mmmmm, more government boot, so yummy and nutritious, it forms the base of my food pyramid of subservience.
So your tantrum is because of an economic thread you made, basically bitching about Gov assistance and why people in need, need it, as a result of the Democrat, mayor and Gov shutdowns?

In those threads, the premise was the causal action of the shutdowns and your issues therein, I was arguing FOR the money and yes, I agreed with the shutdown, did I need to explain in full detail my stance? It's actually expressed in other threads, obviously that was some time ago.

I've always supported a Limited shutdown as a result of the Novel Virus, limited being weeks, not months or years and have repeatedly called out local and state overreach.

So we'll still going to be doing this?, so be it Augustus, so be it, at least let me get some damn coffee in, wipe my arse and shower, I've been on the toilet since.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

...I agreed with the shutdown...

And now you don't.

I've always supported a Limited shutdown...

No you didn't. You never once used that phrase.

And now it's allllllll the Democrat's fault. LOL. It's actually people like who are at fault for wanting shutdowns. You ordered some tasty government boot, now eat it.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Lmfao, omg, because I've never used a phrase before?! Wow, you are terribly literal, if it doesn't exist in this plane, it be damned, nevermind the fact that this plane is an extension of us, the User.

Whether you want to get hung up on BS is your issue, not line, I repeatedly and multiple times have claimed that stance and expanded on it.

Novel Virus
Limited Shutdown
Financial assistance

These expand as we consume more data on the issue, nobody has EVER done this before in the modern age, like Operation Tomodachi, we're building SOP as we go along with this, together.

Chill out dude.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Wow, you are terribly literal...

You need to be with history revisionists like yourself.

I get that people are finally on board with what I was saying in March. The only thing I would say is 'it took you long enough'.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Wow, you are terribly literal...

You need to be with history revisionists like yourself.

I get that people are finally on board with what I was saying in March. The only thing I would say is 'it took you long enough'.

Fair enough, I don't want to get any futher off topic, you win 🍪

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Oh lord I KNOW the error of disagreeing with you....
But going there anyways.

Just because our govt has been stabile for a couple of hundred years it's not like you haven't read the news about every other countries issues. Goverments pull BS all the time an while you can't prepare for every eventuality you can generally anticipate the fact you need some kind of diversified backup resources in case crap goes sideways.

Enron, Steel Mills, Textile & furniture mills down south, 2008 & banking, 9/11 & airline industry.
All precursors to now.

Sorry things are sucky for you! It'll get better.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The fact that 30million+ are out of work shows that 'prepping' isn't an answer. Not shutting the economy down is the answer.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I don't disagree, but some prepping is still just common sense.

Back in March I agreed with shutting down until we got a handle on what we were dealing with. By the end of May the shutdowns were just State & local officials covering their butts trying to appear as if they were proactive. Just about every day at work we have a few nimrods whining an complaining because they actually, you know, are expected to work.?

Twice now I've been so fed up with it I've shown them the door making sure they know there are 20 people right now who would be happy to replace them. Still shocked I haven't been written up for it, but despite hearing endlessly about people on unemployment getting paid to stay home I don't know any.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join