It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siri says Police are demons....just ask for the definition...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Lysergic

Are there any Aussies here who can confirm this informal use?

www.ksat.com...

We found that the word is an informal and archaic colloquialism used to describe a “detective or policeman” in the countries of New Zealand and Australia, according to Dictionary.com. A colloquialism is a “local or regional dialect expression,” according to Merriam-Webster.

edit on 30-7-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The way this program work's is exactly like an older AI which is actually not an AI and neither is Siri.

The older program was called P.A.U.L.A. and was created by some student or programmer somewhere perhaps even going by the company name of Palo entertainment and marketed as an educational tool though this is the only one I can find and I am thinking back to the original program.

There is still a copy on PCnet for free
www.pcnet-online.com...

The difference and it is a minor difference is that Siri, Alexa etc are also using a speech to text interface to convert your spoken question into a format of data that it can then "cross reference" but otherwise these are more or less identical rip off's of P.A.U.L.A. whose programmer is probably feeling like someone ripped him off big time.

The other difference is that while P.A.U.L.A. is using a small database to start with and needs you to type into your questions and conversation into it these big players google, microsoft etc have absolutely huge data base of information for there version to cross reference.

The more the human population identify someone as something the more that definition becomes part of the program's response, so if a lot of people call police demons, hate Jews, insult black people etc then given that both Siri and Alexa are listening all the time and compiling a database of conversations etc (there is actually absolutely NO A.I. at work whatsoever to claim otherwise is simply wrong it is a cross linked database and statistically analysis system with no actual thought going on - not even a digital simulacrum of thought) the more it will give the answer the majority find appropriate.

This can lead to the program coming out with some whoppers if you don't mind my analogy, so to fix this a secondary program has to be put in place (A subroutine) that look's for KNOWN inappropriate answers - which are based on what it has picked up and archived from what people say and type - and then if it detects Siri, Alexa or whatever are providing an inappropriate answer (with insult's etc, it will detect key words) then it will force the program to give one of it's less prioritized answers and check that until it provides one that is not then automatically screened out.

So what is happening here is the program is listening to conversations, converting what it hears into data, referencing that data for the most used definition it can find and feeding that same definition back as if it was it's own answer, and that answer is getting past the filtering subroutine which until a human tweaks it will not block that answer.

So there you go they are NOT A.I. even if they are marketed (Grossly wrongly) as such.

edit on 30-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Damn, i wish this post could be moved to page one. I hope members see this.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Has anybody made the point yet that this is obviously a dictionary service, and all modern dictionary makers aspire to define words according to the way the words are being used. If people are using the word "demon" to describe a police officer, then a modern dictionary has no choice but to say so. Look up the word "pig"; that's probably in there as well. Because that's a word that has been used.

Then I see quoted on the very first page of the thread the statement that the origin of this usage goes back to nineteenth-century Tasmania. In that case, conspiracy theories based on twenty-first century American society are beside the point. Modern internet power makes it possible for dictionary makers to drag in word usages from as many different times and places as possible, and that is what has happened here.

edit on 30-7-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
So we're all going to pretend like this isnt Australian slang for cops (detectives to be more precise).

Ok. Get outraged snowflakes.

Wait till you Google copper, cause cops are elemental demons.

Speds.

Can you find some evidence of this term existing in this context before yesterday?

Hasnt been edited in years:

Slang

Shhhh....

Don’t ruin my fun

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Damn, i wish this post could be moved to page one. I hope members see this.

Why spread disinfo, Siri and Alexa are commie tools to control the people.

Remember it’s the dems fault
edit on 30-7-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Pretty rich considering how many of the big IT firms arbitrarily police voices on the internet. Of course, being shameless is nothing new for them.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Made me chuckle, you know AI running the world would be either humans are worthless or humans are drones, machines can not feel empathy a bit like bankers.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well it certainly isnt hierarchy of Angel's jobs that are supposed to pull the Damned back into some pit from whence they came. Ang

An A.I with Communist programmers believing demons, how idiotic.

An A.I beleiving in the power of Christ an Sin, while not learning from it mistake like us dumbass mammals is even more so.
edit on 30-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Actually Atheism is far more stupid, let me explain, you exist, do you know that you have a creator or do you NOT know OR rather more religiously do you BELIEVE that you do not have a creator.

Let's look at the book of revelation a section of one of the religious texts in one of the world's major religions.

It mentions a totalitarian leader whom will use religion to control people, he will even make an image of himself that is alive so a ROBOT with intelligence and the ability to kill, a robotic police force perhaps, he will also force his citizens to have a mark, some have interpreted this as an RF chip, others as the an Islamic writing and others as a spiritual mark without which you will not be able to buy or sell, this mean's that those that don't accept the mark will be instantly poor, there currency worthless as the kingdom of the beast moves into a cashless society, as his AI enforcers do his bidding and are worshipped as his image since he is seen by his people as a religious character (in opposition to Christ).

Is it idiotic then that people whom BELIEVE differently to you and whom are often many marks above you in there intelligence quotient do not agree with you.

Yet oddly you choose to use Tarot type imagery as your avatar, the Oroboros a symbol of infinity usually depicted either as a figure reminiscent of the number eight OR as one reminiscent of a Zero but always as a snake or a dragon eating it's own tale, also favoured by many cultists.

Odd choice don't you think indicative of either being lost and seeking or of believing in Something so attacking other's belief and interpretation is a tad bit rich don't you think.

Saudi Arabia recently made a Robot a citizen.

There is no soul, no intelligence, no mind just a glorified version of Paula, Siri, Bixby, Alexa, Cortana etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Personally, I never trust what a woman tells me most of the time, that's when I actually listen to them. Otherwise, I can't seem to hear what a woman is telling me.

I think I may have some brain damage due to the closed head injuries I received from getting hit daily with a frying pan.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Funny.....they made her white....

I wonder if SOPHIA is able to pick up on dialect and adjust accordingly to who it is conversing with.

Strangest thing about it to me is that it is a man-made robot made to look how the makers believe the world will be most accepting.

Actually kind of shocked it isn't a child.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Dont get me started, for te will be judged as well.

Want to know what makes me separate from most? I dont have a problem with God, I made peace with that Beast long ago, as for myself, well that an entirely different beast.

A lab tech claiming to be a God lovong Christain, when they should be God fearing atheists. Certainly a sign of the end times.

Meanwhile both are stupid cause they lack that spark of creativity.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Fine, I am no stranger to the paranormal let's put it that way and leave it there, the peace of Christ is the only peace however so peace with the beast is impossible.

Now Let's get back to the simple, humble world of computer programming shall we, you know structured programming, flow chart's, subroutines, high and low level language, compilers all that stuff, the last thing I want to think about in THIS world is the other world until it is my time anyway.

It is a debate about a digital personal assistant which is basically a database with a speech recognition front end giving an inappropriate response, a so called virtual digital assistant that is owned by a company that is seen currently as having link's to politics that are either hated or loved dependent upon which camp you are in the world and more locally for those that live there in the US.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Not unless I use Christ ... which is said that it could stop butt probing an abductions done by aliens, all the while the Aliens could stop nukes from probing an entire nation that God might allow since it all part of a plan...apparently.

Doesnt work on Priests though.

No I dont know...computers an programming wasn't in the Bible.

And my point was, if an A.I is using superstitious an/or religious jargon, it is full #, and needs to be destroyed. Hint, an A.I (which is soulless btw) beleiving an preaching about Jesus is just as stupid.

As for me an the maker, well that would be between me an him wouldnt it. Unless I should get in your business with him too? Could you ask God why did he scare with that smiling Jesus statue in Church all those years ago?

Want to know what pisse off both Athiest an Thiest a like, Agnostics...they dont know what to believe.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I believe in the Grace of Christ and yes a computer does not have a soul.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just get a list of links to the definition.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Lysergic

Go to Google and type in demon....then let me know wbat you get.

I got it when Googling the word.

Definitely anxious to hear the reasoning behind this.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Not unless it hears an tells the story of Christ, alot better then drunk monks, who have study it for years or a lifetime, while it did it in a microsecond right?

Wouldnt that make it a Saint at that point.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Well drunk monk's now there is a subject, the church is not you see as it was originally meant to be, it was never meant to be priests in cloak's and monk's in all male choirs it was meant to be people, people gathering around, breaking bread and drinking wine in communion with the spirit of God, talking, learning, sharing the gospel.

The earliest church site ever discovered and then promptly ignored, Israeli scholars trying to claim it is to do with kind David for example and ignoring the truth about what it represents, Jewish first century probably pre-expulsion Christian's (they would have called themselves followers of the way and Christians was a later term for a different kind of Christianity) living in Jerusalem despite heavy persecution (which is why it has a secret tunnel and escape hatch).
A bottle found at the site and marked (Oil for the anointing) show's the Fish a symbol representative of Christ and the Menorah the seven light's candlestick of the temple and the original symbol of the Jewish people joined at the tail of the fish and the base of the candlestick forming what we today call the Star of David which despite being a Jewish symbol today may actually therefore have been a first century Jewish followers of the way symbol.
The bottle was most likely used for new converts after they had bathed in the Mikvah or as we call it today Baptism Pool.

Can a computer have a soul, not unless God Breaths one into it but on the other hand can a being possess or take control of a computer, arguably I am doing that right now as I type this, there are a whole group of people including some scientifically minded that believe in electronic voice phenomena and there was an earlier attempt to create a gadget to communicate with people in the spirit but the bible warns us not to, it is too easy for demons' to masquerade and cause harm by deceiving us this way.

Like I say it's another thread for the religious forum so this is the wrong place to have this conversation and I shall not put any more on the subject unless of course the spirit moves me to.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join