It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg is in the Hospital Again - 7.29.2020.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: SaturnFX
She's trying to hang in there until the new year. Really if she ended now, there is enough ability to toss wrenches in the gear to where Trump couldn't appoint a new justice until the next term...but I reckon she would rather be safe in that bet.

Should she see next year, I imagine she will retire regardless of who wins.

Sucks that the SCOTUS is arguably partisan...they are meant to be non-partisan and simply interpret the law as accurately as possible.

They couldn't block Trump doing it.....the Senate confirms and McConnell has already said he would push it through.

Do you recall how McConnell had to promise Senator Susan Collins something HUGE, in order to get her to vote for Kavanaugh?

It's almost a certainty that Senators Lisa Murkowski and Mitt Romney would vote "NO" on any nominee named before the election.

I think McConnell can only lose 3 Republicans, because Democrats will be 100% against any Trump Supreme Court nominee.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Different votes. Not necessarily more.
It's a powder keg with the democrats right now.

I work in the performing arts. I do hear liberal talking points often.
I've heard nothing disparaging Biden, per say.
But no cheer for any one running mate.

Which tells me, this is not the year for a leadership change.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You hear quite a bit about the "lack of enthusiasm" exhibited by Biden supporters, from conservative media.

Only Michelle Obama can generate the EXCITEMENT that Biden needs. Or even better...Bernie Sanders. He was kicking Biden's butt all the way to South Carolina.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I would say so. Laparoscopic surgery on knees are minimally invasive and I don’t have scars from the heart cath.

But running a camera up through the blood vessels to your beating heart seems pretty invasive. But there is video proof that I have heart despite what some old girlfriends might tell you.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

"Minimally Invasive Non-Surgical" Can both be true?

I have a co-worker that had a liver transplant and he developed bile duct issues.
They have placed and replaced a stent in his bile duct.
I would call it 'less invasive', as is involves endoscopic surgery.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

"Minimally Invasive Non-Surgical" Can both be true?

I have a co-worker that had a liver transplant and he developed bile duct issues.
They have placed and replaced a stent in his bile duct.
I would call it 'less invasive', as is involves endoscopic surgery.

OK. Less Invasive than some procedures...More Invasive than others. Got it.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I guess any time there is no "cutting", it's non-invasive.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Saturday, August 1, 2020

Good news! Justice Ginsburg was discharged from the hospital yesterday.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been discharged from a hospital in New York City and has returned home, the Supreme Court said Friday.

The court said Ginsburg, 87, is doing well, two days after undergoing a minimally invasive procedure on Wednesday to “revise a bile duct stent” at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. The stent had originally been placed last August, when Ginsburg was treated for a cancerous tumor on her pancreas.

The procedure is common and was done to minimize the risk of future infection, according to her doctors, the court said in a statement.

The procedure follows another one earlier this month at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore to clean out the stent. Ginsburg had gone to the hospital after experiencing fever and chills and was treated for a possible infection.

Ginsburg, the oldest justice on the nine-member court, announced on July 17 that she is receiving chemotherapy for a recurrence of cancer. The liberal justice, who has had four earlier bouts with cancer, said her treatment so far has succeeded in reducing lesions on her liver.
Source: apnews.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join