It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gets to declare victory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
SO with the deal that was reached today between Governor Kate Brown and Chad wolf about Federal officer leaving the federal building today, you wonder who exactly comes out on top.

Trump and the federal government win?

I think officials in Portland Oregon will say that due to publice pressure the horrible federal authorities have to decided to leave and run away.

Then CHad wolf will say that this is what we wanted all along is for the local law enforcement to enforce laws and ensure the safetfy of people and property.

It will be interesting to see if Kate Brown stixcks by her word and the law enforcemnt there is allowed to their job.

Kate Brown Helping Oregonians?

it will be interesting to see the scene tonight with what the protestors have to say and what will they do. I say this to Chad WOlf and Kate Brown, if you think that the portestors are going to just simply go hoome and stop, i would like to disagree. You have had 60 plus days of protest, ( some of the protestors say that like its a badge of honor) with that longevity comes comraderie, I think we may find out that they dont want to stop. Its summer time, most places are closed that late at night ( not attuned to portlands reopening structure) No clubs, this can turn into your summer block party.

Also maybe democratic people like Kate Brown might soon come to find out that the monster can never be sated, whatever appeasement you offer may never be enough. as the attention and focus will be back on portland PD

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I think it's really going to depend on the resolve of the Mayor and Governor. Doesn't sound like Wolf will be ready to pack up and leave until they prove they're capable of using available state/local resources to stop the assault on the federal courthouse.

Wolf's statement:

The Department will continue to maintain our current, augmented federal law enforcement personnel in Portland until we are assured that the Hatfield Federal Courthouse and other federal properties will no longer be attacked and that the seat of justice in Portland will remain secure. This has been our mission and objective since the violent, criminal activity began.

www.dhs.gov...

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So what wound up happening?

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlecHolland
So what wound up happening?

Brownstain declared victory, then realized she’s got a problem on her hands and Portland burned for another night - and is burning again tonight.

Pretty well sums it up.

You can read 5 articles on the subject here and get the upshot.

www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This article from AP reads like the federal agents in the Portland are leaving now that local authorities have agreed to keep things under control and protect federal buildings

CBC article

But that was yesturday.
edit on pThu, 30 Jul 2020 23:24:00 -05002020 100Thu, 30 Jul 2020 23:24:00 -0500pmAmerica/ChicagoThursday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
This article from AP reads like the federal agents in the Portland are leaving now that local authorities have agreed to keep things under control and protect federal buildings

CBC article

But that was yesturday.

We’ll see if they can do it.

Not going to be real politically expedient for the lib Portland politicians to enforce laws.

I hope they fail - these scumbags needed some discipline earlier in life. They can get it now when The Guard shows up.

new topics

top topics

join