It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Before i came to the USA i thought that most movies exagerated the violence in American city streets, but after 4 years i can say that at least the movies are equal to reality. In the last week (in Philly alone) there were 47 shootings, 22 dead by execution style murders, 15 other people killed btw Friday and Saturday not counting with the ocasional stambing and rape throughout the week....

Dont get me wrong, Im not complaining about America, it just amazes me, that in 48 hours more ppl have died in a city than in Iraq, yet most ppl complain about military wars and seem to ignore the civil wars going on in their own cities....

How do you expect to have "World Peace", when we cant even have National Peace???

Just a thought...............

Its sad....... How about that for a city whose name means "Brotherly Love".

[edit on 15-3-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Agreed!

Sorry if this sounds cold to some, but I believe that you should take care of your own FIRST. The administration says it wants to 'bring peace' to the middle east, fine and dandy, but what type of parents feed the neigbhor's kids as their own starve.

I know that it has nothing to do with bringing peace to the middle east, but you get the point.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Suprise, suprise. Well, having thugs glamorized on the MTV and people like Snoop Dogg, a member of the Crips gang, a sponser for T-Mobile being put in the mainstream media, I don't understand why so much violence in the cities.

Of course that's oversimplification by blaming one aspect of media, but maybe tomorrow I'll blame violence in the slaughter of livestock being transferred and perpetuated by those who consume it.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'll blame violence in the slaughter of livestock being transferred and perpetuated by those who consume it.

blame it on the SPAM... its all SPAMS fault!!!

i completly agree with the both of you...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
Suprise, suprise. Well, having thugs glamorized on the MTV and people like Snoop Dogg, a member of the Crips gang...

whoa! i didnt know snoop dog was a crip. thats some wierd shizzle.

new topics

top topics

join