It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS passwords attention

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
So, how did OPs password get compromised, I imagine it's through OPs machine, or are you guys suggesting it hasn't?..or, how would Chrome know if not a breach of the website?
We are suggesting we need to see a screenshot of the exact message received. Providing such screenshots should be standard procedure when reporting a site problem. How is the site supposed to investigate and fix the problem (if any) if they can't see the exact error message details?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Yes, I understand

I would like to see the exact wording, I think my warning just said the password was compromised, I don't recall anything about "leaked"
edit on 29-7-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is likely the popup

Compromised Password

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
This is likely the popup

Compromised Password
If that was the warning, according to Google, it's not a site-specific warning. In other words it may pop up when you enter your user ID and password, but if someone else had the same user ID and password on twitter and it leaked from there, you would get the warning on ATS when you enter that combination on ATS even though ATS didn't leak anything, is the way this reads to me:

I am getting a popup message saying that "A data breach on a site or app exposed your password.
First, note the wording of that warning. It doesn't say a breach on THIS site, it says a breach on A site...

Firstly, it does not matter on which website you see this new warning. The new message is a warning about the username/email and password combination that you just entered. That combination has been compromised in a breach of a website/app.

Data breach source
Today, the warning does not show the source of the breach or what website the data was obtained from. It may be that Google does not store that and only stores the combinations (I suspect this to be the case.)
So the Google site says the source of the breach is not shown, and Google may not even store or know where the leak occurred, it could have been from anywhere on any site on the internet, the way that reads.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

There is one. There was always a way to recover.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Ah, ok. So there is a totally different popup from the initially reported one. Interesting. I've never seen it since I don't use Chrome.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GEORGETHEGREEK

www.bleepingcomputer.com...

Hacker leaks 386 million user records from 18 companies

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join