It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Defendant Shall Not Attend Protests”: In Portland, Getting Out of Jail Requires Relinquishing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Anyone who says the protests are "peaceful" are immediately discredited as either uninformed or a disinfo agent.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Rioting isn't a first amendment right.

exactly correct!
businesses are burning, windows broken, people being assaulted. something has to be done to stop this madness.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Big deal. Condition of release: no participation further...and we wont prosecute.
Barred from store, barred from contact, barred from...nothing unusual.

LEO often has a tag and release. Believe it or not, threats over no-charges will keep reoccurance down.

If you still dont get it? People are released everyday on condition without and in leiu of a charge. Simple really.

Get taken in, agree to not cause trouble, you wont be charged. Get crazy? They can and will charge you with about 3-4 different ones...plus the 1st.

PS: Constitution? Ive been in the LEO system for over 30 years. Its always been that way...hand slaps, dont come back...or else.

edit on 29-7-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

..."a dumbass" also belongs on the list of options.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Some news stories today about Portland and Oregon starting to realize they've been doing something wrong for that last 2 months 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Another screwed-up story after the point is instilled in the minds of the Public 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's not like these Cities and States are new at "governing" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I have been having a bad day today and you're going
to bare the brunt of my frustrations...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,STOP DRINKING THE KOOL-AID!
Take those rose-colored, democrat glasses off and get
a reality check on what's really happening in these DNC
run cities.
Those "protesters" are not peaceful,they are thugs committing
crimes and should be held accountable for their actions.They want
and relish in the chaos they are causing and someone needs to
take control and arrest these "people".

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

These protests are not peaceful anyone claiming they are is lying. They are on video so it isn't up for debate. As far as the court order it was part of their release. They had the option to refuse but they took the deal. They could have fought the conditions of release for ones more to their liking. They could have stayed in jail in "protest" of the conditions for release. It was their choice and it is legal. They can always go back to the court and rescind their agreement in "protest" but I don't think they will.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

How can we take your point seriously when you call riots as "protests" ?

The irony crying about the constitution and rights , while they are trying to tear down that same constitution and restart america into CHOP/ CHAZ

This doesn't violate rights. Because these are riots . On federal property. defense authorization act should deal with all these cockroaches , who are really insurgents , hiding behind protests..

No different than ISIS blending in with the public to push their hate and nonsense.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Federal authorities are using a new tactic in their battle against protesters in Portland, Oregon: arrest them on offenses as minor as “failing to obey” an order to get off a sidewalk on federal property — and then tell them they can’t protest anymore as a condition for release from jail.

Legal experts describe the move as a blatant violation of the constitutional right to free assembly, but at least 12 protesters arrested in recent weeks have been specifically barred from attending protests or demonstrations as they await trials on federal misdemeanor charges.

“Defendant may not attend any other protests, rallies, assemblies or public gathering in the state of Oregon,” states one “Order Setting Conditions of Release” for an accused protester, alongside other conditions such as appearing for court dates. The orders are signed by federal magistrate judges.

Source

And we continue to see the Federal government piss on the Constitution due to a two block protest occurring in Portland.

I'll be interested to see how ATS' resident "Constituionalists" find a way to justify the federal government violating the First Amendment rights of citizens who have not been found guilty of anything. I'm sure you guys won't let me down.

Actually it's up to you to defend arson, throwing projectiles at authorities and the accompanying looting and defacing of property that's gone on for over 60 days.

Do you believe in the rule of law? Civilization? Are you an anarchist?

As far as the Constitution, it's the law. It's kept us free and is the reason people want to come here so badly, they do almost anything to live here. It's my take on it, that the only people opposed to law and order are people who want to break laws without fear of consequences, which I guess is why so many of them end up in prison.

Why do you personally believe it's OK to commit crimes and pretend its protest? It's not and never was. It's just plain old-fashioned crime being done by the dregs of society.

Do you even care about the rights of the people who have had their businesses destroyed? The rights of authorities to do their jobs without having bricks and incendiary devices thrown at them? The right of people to use public sidewalks and roads? To go to work? To have their property protected?

Anarchists are the absolute bottom of the food chain. The black mold of society.
edit on 7/29/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Do you even care about the rights of the people who have had their businesses destroyed? [SNIP] The right of people to use public sidewalks and roads? To go to work? To have their property protected?

The fact that we saw so many Americans embrace the Unconstitutional forced shutdown of so many businesses, restriction of the use of those roads and sidewalks by free Americans, and prevention of Americans ability to work in the name of "Coronavirus" tells me that the answer to that question for a lot of the folks supporting these sociopathic attacks on our cities is "NO." If you really think about it, it all goes hand in hand. Though the shortsightedness of people who are partially demanding more "freebies" funded by tax payers simultaneously destroying tax payers' businesses and restricting their ability to do business is utterly hilarious to me. Killing the goose that lays the golden eggs comes to mind with that one.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
As long as the constitution is invalid now. I know a lot of people I'm going to turn in as terrorist.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As long as the constitution is invalid now. I know a lot of people I'm going to turn in as terrorist.

Lol, snitch.

How is the constitution invalid?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I hope youre well there! You see whats happening here. This and these are the stories that get out and roll as "truth". And those riding that agenda are massively uninformed...while you are walking out to the street itself to get your mail. There.

Dont you love when people tell you all about you and what happening to you....while they arent there?

Peace my friend..MS

I

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
On the surface, seems a bit shady, hell, it is!. But..if you get charged with a crime, sometimes a condition of release might be to not associate with a fellow defendant..if there is more that one defendant in a group..here anyway. Or, lets say one is caught stealing, there could be an order to stay away from where one stole from.

Thats what this feels like.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

"And we continue to see the Federal government piss on the Constitution due to a two block protest occurring in Portland. "

Either your baiting are you are ignorant to the events actually happening in Portland.

The people had freedom to protest, free speech, and other actions, but hey are not free from consequence.

Violent behavior breaks the law, you cross that line, their are consequences.

And the federal gov wouldn't have to be there at all, if Portland's spinless may would do his job.

Instead of allowing violence in his city for 60+ days.

So, these people played a stupid game, and won a stupid prize. They should be so lucky that it's all they have to worry about.

They should get jail time if not prison time.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Funny, you didn't seem to mind when Obama was executing American citizens with drone strikes without any due process...

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

?

If i decide to go on a shooting rampage, i wouldn't be allowed to exercise my 2nd either.

Do you really believe the horse# you post?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I haven't seen any peaceful protests, but have seen many violent ones. Your rights end when they infringe on others rights. Many in this thread have pointed out already what I had to say, so I'll leave on this note.

They should start allowing citizens to shoot looters/rioters on site as long as you have video evidence of them looting or rioting. Especially since we have seen many good people lose their life trying to run a business or just have a different opinion of these animals in the areas of these protests.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Participation in a riot isn't a right.

Why does this need to be repeated?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join