It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Defendant Shall Not Attend Protests”: In Portland, Getting Out of Jail Requires Relinquishing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
***DISCLAIMER: All media sources are to be taken with a grain of salt, it is election season and partisan authors will conflate and twist what is actually said. These people, their sources and the companies they work for are simply following an agenda and you can see it by the language they utilize in an effort to get you to consume their data. Don't fall for it.

Ontopic,

The OP comes off as one of those unhinged Congressional Democrats during Barrs hearing.

I seriously doubt your hyper partisanship makes you this dense, you know exactly what's going on and those "protest" are anything BUT peaceful.

As Barr said in yesterdays hearing, peaceful protest are peaceful, once crimes start, you move in.

So, lets reiterate, there are currently rioters and saboteurs assaulting Federal buildings.

The Federalis cannot move in unless at the Govs request or blatant destruction of Federal property, which the local Gov tries to stop FIRST, then resorts to State and THEN Federal level.

Since Local is paralyzed to help and the State powerless, the Feds move in and clean house.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And we continue to see the Federal government piss on the Constitution due to a two block protest occurring in Portland.

It is the violent protesters who are pissing on the Constitution, violating everyone's rights. Those assholes in Portland deserve to be locked up and only released if they go back to their stupid homes, mostly out of state. They have proven that they cannot demonstrate peacefully; nor do they want to. I totally agree with the feds to round them up and get them out of there before more people get killed.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

it's my deep desire that you personally get everything you want. All of it. I'd like you to get so damn much of it, you have to scrape it off you.

The idiocy that exists where stupid #s think they can ignore the violence that exists, and pretend that "peaceful protesters" are being treated poorly should live in these cities, and have all police and other law forces let them enjoy their autonomous zones. In fact, I'm more and more inclined to go with the "Escape from New York" thinking and build a big wall around some of these Utopian cities and let the swine wallow in their own slop.

Only when these cucks realize how incredibly stupid they are, will they try to rub those two brain cells together and hope some kind of synapse happens and they find a way to stop it before they all have nowhere to live.

Remove all authority figures, and let the local government own it all.

I can only hope these # tards don't try the "hold my beer and watch this" trick and attempt to one up this assholishness.

link   
I did see this on the actual paperwork given to the person posted somewhere. I will try to find the photo. It was not for any type of violence, he was not held, and I believe did not even have to pay anything before release.

The original post is about a misdemeanor. Not arrested for burning down federal property or assaulting a federal officer.

+4 more 
link   

Rioting isn't a first amendment right.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just another extension of the Democrat BS and desperate lying to save an election with staged and scripted "protesting" that somehow always turns into a violent riot 😆😆😆😆

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So it is acceptable to you, that all of those people in Lafayette square who did not hear the curfew time change because it was announced on one bull horn could all be arrested for not following a lawful order and lose a right as a citizen. This is acceptable to you? If you read the OP it states misdemeanor such as not obeying a lawful order.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: projectvxn

So it is acceptable to you, that all of those people in Lafayette square who did not hear the curfew time change because it was announced on one bull horn could all be arrested for not following a lawful order and lose a right as a citizen. This is acceptable to you? If you read the OP it states misdemeanor such as not obeying a lawful order.

Just being there, participating in an environment of ongoing violent protest, is enough for those idiots to get bagged and tagged. They are not there for 'protesting', they are there for the entertainment and possible participation in chaos. If the BLM was a legitimate organization, they would acknowledge that everything they do there is being hijacked by the outside AND internal bogus members and call off their defunct protests. Then the only ones left are those that belong locked up.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

A.) According to the people actually attending these protests (which once again encompass only the two blocks near the courthouse) the worst crime they have seen committed is graffiti. These aren't riots. These are peaceful protests that are being attacked by a paramilitary force with little to no provocation.

B.) The people being denied their rights have not been found guilty of a felony. They haven't even been charged with a felony. They are charged with federal misdemeanors. However, since they still have not been convicted in a court of law they are still considered innocent in the eyes of the law.

Do you approve of innocent US citizens being denied their rights?

I live here, they are not peaceful...So pleeeeses...stop it...lol

I feel like you all fail to see the large numbers that throw things like frozen water bottles, urine, rocks/bricks, shoot commercial fireworks, trying to take down/cut the fences on federal property, try and target feds with lasers etc... and then you have some mixed in these violent groups saying I'm not doing anything so don't tough me in anyway...

Each time they use a firework that can be a 2500.00 fine in the city of Portland, and shooting one at anyone is assault with a deadly weapon...

If you are peaceful do not mix yourself in with the violent ones...

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Another great riot control agent is sticky foam, hose these rioters down with sticky foam and I promise they will not want to get it again. Imagine getting hosed down with Great Stuff, if you ever have got great stuff on your hands, you will understand how bad that would suck.

www.howitworksdaily.com...
edit on 29-7-2020 by panoz77 because: added link

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What about all the video footage of 'protestors' throwing fireworks, projectiles and explosives?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

That would be funny, but probably lethal for someone that inhaled a big ball of it.
Like explode the lungs bad.
Brutal.
Worst material ever!!

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: chiefsmom

To be fair the constitutionality of many conditions of release are questionable. When it comes to a blanket restriction on exercising your there really isn't any question.

First Amendment says peaceful assembly when it becomes violent setting fires, breaking windows, pointing lazers at eyes, then it is no longer peaceful, it voids your 1st amendment rights. Theses folks are lucky 150 years ago they simply would of been shot not arrested, if arrested they would of most likely not of lived but beaten to death.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We need rules,
I get that we all get that part.

But here is some future thought for you.

What happens to a world, that has made a standard operating process for EVERYTHING?

The loss of freewill.

While some things are warranted, drunk driving = no drinking till you wise up,
rioting at protests = no protesting till you wise up

But there needs to be a buffer to mess up and not have it weigh heavily too.

we're humans, but seems we're humans being trained to be robots when rules become too much.

Balance is an everything or nothing concept.
Most work well with balance, but opposite in the absence of balance.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibranyPfff, sparklers, spitwads and sidewalk pop pop poppers 🤥

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

poo poo poppers
they were also throwing frozen waterbottles and rocks
6 officers were injured

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

No one was arrested, so what rights were violated...so what is your point?

If you listened to Barr he said the purpose was to move the barriers back farther from the White House than where they were to protect more buildings like the church and statues from being burned and to give more space to operate in. The curfew was put in place due to this looting and vandalism in the city. People were told to leave the area and they didn't and they also didn't follow the curfew...So wrong place wrong time... Remember those limitations were put in place due to violent protesters and rioters, so what what is your point...people were rioting and restrictions were put in place that for some reason protesters felt they didn't need to follow I guess.

The President going to the Church was a totally different event.

edit on 29-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thank you for this Mod Burdman30ott6. You put the point across.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There are literally livestreams of the riots every night, and there have been for months.

Anyone and everyone can watch what happens in real time, and have been able to for quite some time.

Woke.net (lol), twitch, facebook, etc.

In Portland, at least, pretty much all footage is of the mob surrounding the courthouse and attempting to burn it down, etc. The mob is pretty open about wanting to "burn it all down" and end the American experiment.

They are well aware that the media and politicians are providing cover for them, so will shoot PR/propaganda before the siege of the courthouse commences for the night.

They have been attempting to clamp down on unsympathetic reporters, for obvious reasons.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Good. These are anarchists. If they were really protesters they would be taking pics of the violent ones and videos and giving it to police. They are not doing this at all. Anyone down there should all be arrested.

A real protest you need a designated area, away from traffic, sidewalks and it must be approved by the city. Can't just do whatever you want protesting. There are rules.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join