It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will the U.S.A. Formally Split?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Hmm. I've heard there is a divide in Canada as well, between the people out west and their self-appointed "betters" who support Trudeau and his clique. But I don't expect Canada to split anytime soon.

If it does the United States should make overtures to the provinces which would be useful to us, Alberta for the oil sands, Ontario for hydroelectric and Nunavut because Santa lives there.

Shhh! We do not talk about where Santa lives!
Well, send a letter to Santa at the following address, and he'll respond. So there!
Santa Claus
North Pole
H0H 0H0
Canada

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

China is not going to take over the USA , the need us far more than we need them . Many companies are moving their manufacturing out of china and many more will in the future . China has many more problems than the USA .

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

what is a right wing extremist ? If you are talking about antifa they are not right wing . BLM is a far left organization, just read their list of demands .

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Yeah but Florida is a lawless wasteland inhabited by Floridaman, so you have to be hyper vigilant at all times. Especially around all those Central Florida towns around Citrus Tower after the blight wiped out the orange groves in the late 80’s early 90’s.

Scary driving around where the smoke from the orange tree pyres reached the edge of space. And that was just crack and not the Meth Heads of today.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't see what the fuss Tim's is about. It was like going to Dunkin Donuts.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
I don't see what the fuss Tim's is about. It was like going to Dunkin Donuts.

If Canadian's weren't so nice they'd be lining up right now to punch you in the face.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

IF the USA split it would be one of the worst situations for world peace and also for the States themselves, yes the US has serious problems with inequality and a lot of injustice but so too do most nations if not on always on the same scale.

BUT for any state that seceded from the US family of states it would find itself with an international border, need to pay it's own defence budget, limit the movement of it's people whom would no longer be US citizen's, have to establish it's own embassy's in nations around the world and appoint it's own ambassadors etc, have to make new trade deal's including with the USA which would then likely have placed import duty's on it's good's, if not a coastal state it would have to work out deal's for export of it's good's if any etc (and probably be even more unequal as a society since to get rich quick they would probably try to coax as many rich Americans and corporations as possible into there tiny enclave with tax incentives while any competing states would be doing the same thing).

In effect only a lunatic state would want to secede even if the USA was breaking at the seam's, better to meet the challenge with the full force of the union, hammer out problems in there senate than across an international border and share in a common defence and foreign policy, sharing allies and enemy's alike as they do today.

Two thing's may break the US, mass migration and differential birth rates that threaten to change the face of US culture into a Hispanic culture within a few decades which will leave a new racial divide in that society on top of it's other's with the current majority becoming the then minority and probably migrating to Canada and other nation's, this is not a failure caused by the south American migrant's however but rather by the US itself and it's failure to properly include and integrate these new migrant's (and I am talking about the legal migrant's and those born there but for whom south American languages are still there first tongue), the other is the growing divide between rich and poor, between urban and rural population's, the US has never been the most unified nation in the world - well at least since they fought there war of independence and within a few short years of that the founding fathers were crying about how they feared that they would lose there Englishness due to the sheer weight of numbers of SALLOW SKINNED German's that were coming into the newly independent family of nation states.

The Other great divide driven by these differences is a political one and a refusal by those that lose elections to accept the outcome (which actually makes them against democracy).

I believe the US will survive, oil wealthy states will only get more poor if they were to secede as the world moves away from Oil and without the muscle of the US as a single entity they would be even less able to slow this change to more ecological fuel and energy sources.

What the US may need to do in future is banish corporate cronyism and privately funded lobby's from there government (fat chance of that many have tried and all that happens then is the money goes under the table instead with our government in Britain being a fine example of this), make there politics less corrupt - oddly the protests that are crippling much of the US at the moment are against a president whom states that this very thing was one of his goal's, and make there democracy work by instead of breaking the states up perhaps splitting some of them in order to create more representatives or replacing there state representation level democracy with a representation by area model based on a true proportional representation system - something we don't have over here and you don't over there, actually had you a proportional representation system there is a claim that Trump would not be president but I fear you would be crying into your shirt's even harder if you had Hillary as your leader since thing's may have been far worse.

The states also needs' to heal it's racial divide, leaders of racial supremacy movement's black, white, pink or yellow need to be treated as domestic terrorists and I mean TREATED as such, the US is not like our nation with thousands of years of history (except for the longer term native people's whom are sadly far fewer in numbers than they should be) but is itself a nation of migrant's, White Americans are often more mixed than they realize and even there white ancestry came from many races in Europe not a single ancestral race, black American's likewise did not come from a single race but from MANY races in Africa, South American's in the US are often of mixed ancestry, some have European ancestry mixed with native mixed with black and other's are actually indigenous people in most of there ancestry but from the southern tribes whom were different people's and indeed races to the north American tribes.
So the US need's to replace the idea of race with the Idea of US AMERICANS and teach it's kid's no matter there colour, racial background or religion if they are US then every US person is THERE people, no more of this hatred and gang tribalism or inbred hillbilly crap.

The US has mostly over the past more than a hundred years now (Except in Laos - and arguably the second Iraq War - meh before that it was a bit of a mixed bag however) been a force for Good but unless it fixes it's internal problems and stop's it's internal bleeding and division it will be too weak to lead the world into the future as was it's apparent destiny in the past, WE the rest of the world - the civilized world that is - need the US to be strong, it is in OUR interests for it to be so.

Those that wish to tear the US apart are either it's external enemy's or it's internal traitors and there is no other kind.

edit on 29-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
No. Do you get any presents....besides the gifts that keep giving?

Yes, walrus blubber, some Molson and a signed picture of Don Cherry.

Awe man, WHAT??? I'm planning a trip there next month then.

I'll trade them a signed picture of David Hasselhoff. But I can only bring two, I might be going to Germany and I'll need the rest to hand out in return for protection and a translator.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Yeah, yeah, we all have a signed picture of Don Cherry, the real hierarchy lies in what suit he had on.

Is he any kin to Don Lemon?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the States will ever Annex Canada like they did in Fallout. Thing is the end result might make like Alaska to have infrastructure just to keep the territories.
edit on 29-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

what is a right wing extremist ? If you are talking about antifa they are not right wing . BLM is a far left organization, just read their list of demands .

🤭 I was referring to the neo nazi white power skinheads types.
Why would you think I could be that dumb? lol
edit on 29-7-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Awe man, WHAT??? I'm planning a trip there next month then.

I'll trade them a signed picture of David Hasselhoff. But I can only bring two, I might be going to Germany and I'll need the rest to hand out in return for protection and a translator.

We're into tradesies.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
If it were to split it would be along each coast and the gulf. That wasyeach coast could keep their access to shipping ports.
The plain states would fall in with Texas. How far east the west coast would reach can be debatable, same as with the east coast. I can not see it breaking into more than three separate nations.

edit on 29-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Catholic marriage, no one gets out alive, unless the pope says so...and we dont have a pope for the US government.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Catholic marriage, no one gets out alive, unless the pope says so...and we dont have a pope for the US government.

What does this have to do with the subject?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Heh. The argument would go like this.

-I'm not your friend, buddy
-I'm not your buddy, pal
-I'm not your pal, guy
-I'm not your guy, friend
-I'm not your friend, pal
-I'm not your pal, buddy
Etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Heh. The argument would go like this.

-I'm not your friend, buddy
-I'm not your buddy, pal
-I'm not your pal, guy
-I'm not your guy, friend
-I'm not your friend, pal
-I'm not your pal, buddy
Etc.

Ever notice how they're heads are all shaped like footballs too?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Flappy heads and with beady eyes. lol

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

When Will the U.S.A. Formally Split?

Depends.
When are you looking forward to it happening ?
edit on 7/29/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Sorry , my bad

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join