It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEOs Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Cook, Jeff Bezos & Sundar Pichai testify before House Judiciary Committee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

Today, at noon ET, four important CEOs of Big Tech companies are going to testify before the House Judiciary Committee that's examining antitrust issues facing the companies.

Scheduled to testify at noon EDT are Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook and Google CEO Sundar Pichai. They will appear before the antitrust subcommittee of the House judiciary committee.

The hearing is titled "Online Platforms and Market Power, Part 6: Examining the Dominance of Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google."

Subcommittee Chairman Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., has been leading a months-long investigation into potential anti-competitive practices at all four companies. Committee members have obtained more than 1.3 million documents from the companies and have conducted five earlier public hearings.

The central question of the investigation is whether fairly outdated antitrust laws and competition policies are adequate guardrails against the absolute market dominance of these four companies with known habits of buying out competitors.

The hearing can be found on YouTube, with my personal recommendation being C-SPAN, which was very popular yesterday during Barr's "hearing" and had high-quality audio.

I think we're getting closer to big events this August. We might be in 'the eye of the storm' now that a federal judge orders secret Ghislaine Maxwell documents to begin being unsealed by Thursday and the White House warned that President Trump will continue to take action against Big Tech censorship.

There are endless fake news, politicians lying out of panic and Jack not showing up to this, proving they're losing control of the narrative.

Barr confirmed that the 2020 election won't delay report from John Durham and E (insider who announced many things before they happened) says that legislation is dropping today on censorship by big tech and that section 230 will be clarified and enforced.

What do you think, ATS?

Is this the beginning of the storm?

Update: E posted @Jim_Jordan 's confidential talking points memo, in full, before the Big Tech hearing.
edit on 29/7/2020 by Anon283799 because: edit

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Good. I hope propaganda by the media is done away with too.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

congressional hearings are largely idiotic and only offer the idiots we elect to berate the one's called, while others help them and shower them with praise.

It's like why nobody ever goes to jail except some token republicans.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm glad there's nothing else going on in this country that warrants them to convene and discuss. I hope they truly resolve whatever issues are surrounding these big business activities

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

My guess is softballs from the left and meteors from the right.....the only person really doing anything is Trump with his EO's. This farce is just to see what Americans think based on response after the hearings and adjust political campaigns accordingly.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa CroeIt'll be day and night compared to Barrs hearing.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Hopefully The Bezos brought all of those scumbags a fruit basket for helping with the 'Vid hysteria and making him richer by crushing small businesses.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Democrats will subtly cast illusions of punishment and scolding all while they are 100% in favor of the tactics 😆

Democrats will fool millions just like yesterday 😆

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicusJust a fruit basket? How cheap 🤏

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Just a fruit basket? How cheap 🤏

You think you get that wealthy giving away nicer things than fruit baskets?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Nadler must have caused another car accident. They're late again.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Good point.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

congressional hearings are largely idiotic and only offer the idiots we elect to berate the one's called, while others help them and shower them with praise.

This isn't about justice. It's congress digging deep into these companies to see how and how much they're going to extort from them. There will be a lot of political contributions coming and then a fine or two to make it look like there was a legitimate purpose behind the hearings.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
And another thing, shouldn't there be outrage that there is not an African American among these CEOs? I mean, people topple statues, change street names and carry out boycotts to even the playing fields. Pichai can stay but that Zuckerburg fellow, he's so white he makes Tim Apple look brown!

/sarc

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The hearing started recently.

And Stop Censorship Act of 2020 just dropped.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They railed roaded him Jordan. Did anyone else hear that NAZI say "GET YOUR MASK ON!"
edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago0012699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Nadler must have caused another car accident. They're late again.

I think they should take away his "Hot Wheels" that he plays with if this keeps up.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

These guys, along with Twitter's CEO (Dorsey?) testified in 2018. Passed around envelopes of cash on the way out the door. Silence since. Maybe another cash infusion was needed, ahead of the 5 week vacation Congress starts on Friday.

new topics

top topics

join