It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Depression by Coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
About 2 weeks ago I received very bad news from a town in South America where I lived for many years. One of the best friends I ever had tragically died.

He wasn't infected by the virus but he could be counted as a victim of it. The lockdown is still in progress over there, people has to be at home and can't travel out of the area.

He was living alone, financially in good situation and already retired in his early 50's. He was in good shape and even quit smoking.

He introduced me to metal detecting back in the 90's. He sold me my first fishing rod in the 80's. We've been friends for about 40 years but we lost contact the last 20 years until 2 months ago, when we started talking and exchanging photos.

We remembered together those glorious days and laughed, time and distance didn't affect our friendship at all. Nothing made me guess what was about to happen.

The Isolation caused by the virus was too much for him, having his kid living far away with ex wife, not having someone around to look at the face or talk...., I don't know. He finally attempted to take his life but was found just in time to be transported to the hospital.

Few days later, they the moved him to the Psychiatric Hospital. I know him like a brother and I knew he wouldn't resist being around all that people with mental problems. No communication with family and friends was allowed. He needed all those things that he couldn't do anymore, just simple things like fishing, treasure hunting and barbecues and few beers.

Few days ago I received a message from other friend telling me he didn't make it. Seems like his heart couldn't take it anymore, he was transported to another hospital in a bigger city but it was too late.

I wasn't there when he needed me and that hurts my soul a lot. Now the rest of the bunch took this as a wake up call, we started to contact each other and talk.

Last weekend I went to treasure hunting in honor of my friend. I didn't find too much, some old iron stuff. I'm keeping it to remember him.

This is the third person I lost for causes related to the virus, the first 2 were infected. My friend was just collateral damage.
edit on 29-7-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Sorry to hear this my friend. Sadly I don't think he's the only person who's being severely impacted emotionally or mentally by these unnecessary lockdowns.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Really sorry to hear that. Friends are hard to come by.
In this country we have companies that go and clean up houses and apartments that people have died due to the isolation of the shutdown and other reasons. These companies are backlogged now. All these people live alone and if they do have family, they usually live faraway. Terrible how this virus is affecting everyone around the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sorry to hear this my friend. Sadly I don't think he's the only person who's being severely impacted emotionally or mentally by these unnecessary lockdowns.

Exactly. Thanks for that comment, that's the message I wanted to deliver with this thread. The mask won't prevent this kind of damage.

We need to keep our minds busy with positive activities.
edit on 29-7-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
We need to keep our minds busy with positive activities.

I agree, it's just going to be harder for some people like your friend who may not be able to see an end to the situation. We are doing a terrible job addressing situations like this and it's only going to lead to more tragedy.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
About 2 weeks ago I received very bad news from a town in South America where I lived for many years. One of the best friends I ever had tragically died.

He wasn't infected by the virus but he could be counted as a victim of it. The lockdown is still in progress over there, people has to be at home and can't travel out of the area.

He was living alone, financially in good situation and already retired in his early 50's. He was in good shape and even quit smoking.

He introduced me to metal detecting back in the 90's. He sold me my first fishing rod in the 80's. We've been friends for about 40 years but we lost contact the last 20 years until 2 months ago, when we started talking and exchanging photos.

We remembered together those glorious days and laughed, time and distance didn't affect our friendship at all. Nothing made me guess what was about to happen.

The Isolation caused by the virus was too much for him, having his kid living far away with ex wife, not having someone around to look at the face or talk...., I don't know. He finally attempted to take his life but was found just in time to be transported to the hospital.

Few days later, they the moved him to the Psychiatric Hospital. I know him like a brother and I knew he wouldn't resist being around all that people with mental problems. No communication with family and friends was allowed. He needed all those things that he couldn't do anymore, just simple things like fishing, treasure hunting and barbecues and few beers.

Few days ago I received a message from other friend telling me he didn't make it. Seems like his heart couldn't take it anymore, he was transported to another hospital in a bigger city but it was too late.

I wasn't there when he needed me and that hurts my soul a lot. Now the rest of the bunch took this as a wake up call, we started to contact each other and talk.

Last weekend I went to treasure hunting in honor of my friend. I didn't find too much, some old iron stuff. I'm keeping it to remember him.

This is the third person I lost for causes related to the virus, the first 2 were infected. My friend was just collateral damage.

About a month ago I lost a friend of 30 years the same way....talked to him 1 hour before he did it. I know your pain....dm me if you need to talk.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So sorry to hear about your loss, I have been through this "mill" twice and with help overcame the darkness. But that was before this debacle.
BUT, I have come to realise that we have been seriously lied to, then and now, yes, there is a virus, but not as dangerous as they say. The biggest problem we now face is how can we force the PTB (that includes the pseudo health professionals that at the moment are controlling the game) that we don't want their restrictions, the infrastructure (shops, clubs, venues, holiday hotels etc. etc.) don't want their restrictions. How do you stop someone or something you have no control of?

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thank you for your personal experiences. It makes the issue of COVID lock down depression very real. I'm so sorry for your loss and the suffering your friend must have gone though. It is very had to look toward the future when it seems that there will be no future worth living.

I would like to share a personal experience as well.

Four years ago I was in a hit and run accident that should have killed me. It was bad, I was busted up and left on the road for dead and if it wasn't for a couple of guys I know, I wouldn't be here now. Long story short, I deeply questioned reality after that and decided that there was no real purpose for it. I wondered for a long time if I was actually dead, I certainly died emotionally.

After awhile I determined I was among the living and decided that because I had no reason or purpose for being, then I must live for others. So what if I live, what would it matter if I were dead? So I live, but not because I had any choice or because I had some unfinished plans for myself, it must be for others, that is the only meaning I can find.

Although my emotional detachment has greatly reduced my passions, or lust for life, I have greater empathy and willingness to help others when I can. Ultimately I no longer really care what happens or where I end up, I know what the final destination is. I just try to be kinder and hope I can help a few others before I finally get there.

edit on 29-7-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thank for all your comments. We are very fortunate to have ATS, we can express ourselves here in many ways. It certainly serves to keep us informed about everything but is also very important in social terms. We could disagree many times but at the end we are like a family. We have each other.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss, I can feel the sorrow in your words.
So good to hear your group is now back in contact.

Be consoled that your friend is now resting in peace.

The world has lost far too many souls due to this unneeded lockdown.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

My deepest sympathies... and a big cyber hug.

Now isn't the time for a rant, but know that I am raging inside. For your friend and for everyone struggling in these trying times.

Heaven help us all.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
my dad who is old, got korona survived.
but i turned off all media, even ATS because there was too much negativity.

to think korona was the only thing i had to worry about a few months ago.
now the trillionaires are creating the sparks of civvilwar.

i wish my idiot friends would turn off media.

ive lost two friends during this, but not from death thank god.
they 'got rid of me' because im racist.
im 'racist' because im 'not' liberal.

when i told them, im a libterian, and not a republikan, they berated me for being catholik lol.
no joke.

the trillionaires have destroyed the planet, the entire world in 5 months.
the trillionaires are the enemy.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If you know someone having a rough time not going out socializing, get them a tablet with some app like zoom or the like so they can participate in virtual hangouts, zoom partys, etc whenever they want. It isn't the same, but if you're starving, crackers is better than no food.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

alphanewsmn.com...

“We’re seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID,” he lamented. “We’re seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose that are above excess that we had as background than we are seeing the deaths from COVID.”

I'm sorry for your loss.

It appears your friend is not the only one struggling with this.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

alphanewsmn.com...

“We’re seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID,” he lamented. “We’re seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose that are above excess that we had as background than we are seeing the deaths from COVID.”

I'm sorry for your loss.

It appears your friend is not the only one struggling with this.

And what makes it worse is the fact that the family and friends of the victim enter in a certain level of depression as a consequence of the loss of a loved one. It's a chain effect.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine. So much loneliness. The toll this is taking is just awful. Human beings aren’t built to be isolated from one another. I’m glad you’re reaching out and staying in touch with others. I know not everyone has someone to reach out to when they are in a state of depression. I wish everyone did though.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sad to hear about your friend's loss. This "covid-19" is a big fraud (sure, people are dying from it) pushed on the people for ulterior motives and the damages that it has caused mentally and economically to people are incalculable. It's disgraceful that mainstream media just barely mentions that and it doesn't cover in full scale the toll that this plan-demic has caused on the people's health. I strongly think that the TPTB knew these side effects very well before unleashing this virus and that these actions are intentional. More than sick people in society, we have crazy sick ones in control.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

I believe the virus is manmade and it is real but I also believe it's been re-weaponized by politicians.

The vaccine will be the next stage of manipulation. Maybe the mark of the beast.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Exactly, weaponized to the fullest extent. Even though this event is too far from a full pandemic, they're doing everything to overblow it out of every proportion, don't let a "good" crisis go to waste. Then we have the vaccine, sure to "protect" us, everything is in the open now. Then we'll have the chip for our "convenience" and so on.... If nobody stops them then they'll continue to tighten the control over the people.

In my opinion these are the darkest times of human history, since its creation.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

In my opinion these are the darkest times of human history, since its creation.
a reply to: miri2019

Or you can call it biblical.

new topics

top topics

join