It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who say china is not copying

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

China's entire infrastructure (again military and commercial) is completely concentrated west of the 105th vertical, i.e. west of Chengdu and Langzhou..

you said west of chengdu thats chinas interior

Angi II has 3500km range

i throught i only achieved 2500km

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Im sorry obv i meant east!!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

China's entire infrastructure (again military and commercial) is completely concentrated west of the 105th vertical, i.e. west of Chengdu and Langzhou..

you said west of chengdu thats chinas interior

Angi II has 3500km range

i throught i only achieved 2500km

china white

agni has range of 3300 km with 1000kg and 4450km with 700 kg war head

check my source

click here

[edit on 5-5-2005 by mirza2003]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
ok i read reports that only state 2500km

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
yo read what you want read but you failed to read some ting that missile is tested for 2100 km but that is is not maximum limit of agni II maximum range in details shown in table pls read correctly and with free mind

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, since the last few posts were about nukes. Hiroshima and Nagasaki both had much more than the 30-40 thousand population that the American nukes destroyed. I don't know what you guys were thinking about. It takes much more nukes to devastate a city the size of Shanghai or Beijing, they are many MANY times bigger than Hiroshima and Nagasaki. How many Agnis does India have? Not that many I suppose but I'll go and check on that. Half of ALL Russia economy is located in the area surrounding Moskow so it is much easier to devastate Russia than China. The population of China is spread out in China's east half, we are basically everywhere. Are you telling me 100 RVs (small since you need to pack more and Agni II can only carry three I believe but I'll check Bharat Rakshat)are enough to cover the entire eastern half of China, and since your talking about MAD, China has more than enough nukes for MAD with India. Two nuclear countries will not attack each other because nuclear weapons aren't meant to be used, only to demonstrate the ability to be used and scare off enemies. What you are talking about is a preemptive strike of India to China, why not switch that around and talk about a preemptive strike to India? China would undoubtly have enough nukes to cover most of India's military bases and population centres, then you would have much MUCH less nukes thats available as a deterrent. If the war that your talking about is a war of escalation then that would be much different, I have a report to be typed so Hastala Vista Jose, I'll type more later.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by COWlan]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

link to the next war thing

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
chinese song class sub under construction

inside a song sub

[edit on 6-5-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
What does that have to do with anything??

Hiroshima/ Nagasaki had casualties of over 100,000 and think ..
And again are you trying to tell me A 200 Kiloton warhead would be enough to cripple the infrastructure in a city like Beijing??
You got the whole city underground or what??!!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
that the way keep it up Daedalus3

[edit on 6-5-2005 by mirza2003]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In the seventies China built HUGE amounts of underground tunnels and bomb shelters because of the fear of a war with USSR. Go to sinodefence.com and look at their nuke section, it tells you the kind of underground infrastructure we have.

200 kiloton warhead is enough to cripple a big city but not like what he said, wipe it off the map. Cripple and totally wipe it off the map like it never existed is very different. One means something like destroying the down town of a city and one means destroying every house, building and human life in the 50 Km radius.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a 200kt warhead would decimate beijing...

Those not killed in the blast would suffer from the heat and fallout... many more suffering varying degree's of burns and blindness. Eventually radiation sickness and death.

Up to a 50 mile radius would be contaminated so yes... bejing would be unworkable... besides the infrastructure would be ruined.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Daedalus3 answer the question i posted

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
does india have 200kiloton warheads? i throught they had 10-20 kiloton ones.

links to nuke effects

www.johnstonsarchive.net...
www.ki4u.com...
www.nationalterroralert.com...
www.nationalterroralert.com...

not even a 1 megton bomb could go past a destrutive range of 8miles

1 Megaton Surface Blast: Pressure Damage

The fission bomb detonated over Hiroshima had an explosive blast equivalent to 12,500 tons of TNT. A 1 megaton hydrogen bomb, hypothetically detonated on the earth's surface, has about 80 times the blast power of that 1945 explosion.

Radius of destructive circle: 1.7 miles
12 pounds per square inch

At the center lies a crater 200 feet deep and 1000 feet in diameter. The rim of this crater is 1,000 feet wide and is composed of highly radioactive soil and debris. Nothing recognizable remains within about 3,200 feet (0.6 miles) from the center, except, perhaps, the remains of some buildings' foundations. At 1.7 miles, only some of the strongest buildings -- those made of reinforced, poured concrete -- are still standing. Ninety-eight percent of the population in this area are dead.

Radius: 2.7 miles
5 psi

Virtually everything is destroyed between the 12 and 5 psi rings. The walls of typical multi-story buildings, including apartment buildings, have been completely blown out. The bare, structural skeletons of more and more buildings rise above the debris as you approach the 5 psi ring. Single-family residences within this this area have been completely blown away -- only their foundations remain. Fifty percent of the population between the 12 and 5 psi rings are dead. Forty percent are injured.

Radius: 4.7 miles
2 psi

Any single-family residences that have not been completely destroyed are heavily damaged. The windows of office buildings have been blown away, as have some of their walls. The contents of these buildings' upper floors, including the people who were working there, are scattered on the street. A substantial amount of debris clutters the entire area. Five percent of the population between the 5 and 2 psi rings are dead. Forty-five percent are injured.

Radius: 7.4 miles
1 psi

Residences are moderately damaged. Commercial buildings have sustained minimal damage. Twenty-five percent of the population between the 2 and 1 psi rings have been injured, mainly by flying glass and debris. Many others have been injured from thermal radiation -- the heat generated by the blast. The remaining seventy-five percent are unhurt.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
what you've quoted is a surface detonation..
An IRBM would obv be a atmospheric detonation..
SEe I said that before..check my posts..

And chinawhite no cheating now..
You didn't post the part which explained to damgaes of a air detonated nuke!! not nice.. play fair!!

Come on guys... Is a live demo of a nuke on beijing the only way to explain it to you??!!

Cities are left maimed with nukes with yields over 100 kTs..
They're still there but they can't function as cities..

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
hehe i didn't post that because the information was for a 1 megaton nuke and the information is irevelvent because its refering to a hydrogren bomb and thats more radioactive. A 20kiloton nuke is about the same power as the Nagasaki bomb and that didn't leave that much radioactive waste because people were still living there are they hit

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
guy's lets not forget about heat and radiation... which will kill and destroy far more than the initial blast.

the is NO city on earth that will continue to function after a nuclear blast in it's heart...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
guy's lets not forget about heat and radiation... which will kill and destroy far more than the initial blast.

the is NO city on earth that will continue to function after a nuclear blast in it's heart...

i am with you but where chinawhite there is long argumeant.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius

yeah theres heat and radioation. but we're not talking about a 1 megaton warhead. not even a 100 kilton warhead. the warhead we're talking is 20 kilotons. thats about the size of a tactical warhead

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
www.ukgasmask.co.uk...

Also known as Atomic bomb or A-Bomb, this is what most people mean when they talk about Nuclear bombs. Using the fission principle the weapon creates a massive explosion, flash, heat, radiation and fallout (radioactive dust). The power ratings of these weapons are usually kiloton (kt), being the equivalent explosive force as 1,000 tonnes of TNT (a 20kt weapon therefore has the power of 20,000 tonnes of TNT). Two Fission bombs were used by US Forces on Japan at Nagasaki and Hiroshima in the Second World War. A detonation of a 20kt (relatively small) warhead above a city centre might flatten an area of approximately 3 square miles. Within 1.6 miles of detonation, blast damage and radiation would cause 80% casualties, 75% of which would be fatal. Between 1.6 and 3.1 miles from detonation, there would still be 10% casualties.

20kt is still going to cause a huge amount of damage

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Lucretius]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join