It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who say china is not copying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
here is the another copy product and you dont belive it just take look at the pic it is shocking

more details here
www.sinodefence.com...

what is you have to say about it

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hmmm, I see what you mean but you tell me how to design a vehicle to the kind of specs the Humvee types were and not come up with something very similar?

I think it's a bit like planes or tanks or ships.
As the materials, missions and specs converge so too do the 'routes' these requirements force designers down.

Maybe the Humvee is such a good and an efficient design that it's no surprise other designers arrived at the same conclusions as the US ones originally?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Maybe the Humvee is such a good and an efficient design that it's no surprise other designers arrived at the same conclusions as the US ones originally?

Not likely. Do remember that they sell Hummers in China (At least the H2) and you can buy the H1 here or Canada and ship it back to China.

I lean towards copying as they have a long history of doing so.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Been done before, several times.

China got sold the licence to make them.

"During the 1988 Beijing Defence Exhibition, AM General demonstrated an example of its M998 4x4 high-mobility multirole wheeled vehicle (HMMWV) to the PLA."

You might wish to read all of the link you posted. It's not a copy, it's the damn same thing, sold to them by the AM company.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Odium]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Everything China makes is a copy. Have they invented anything new since the heady days of gunpowder and fireworks?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well it seems odium has the proof that it is not a copy at all but a legitimate licence-build.

More perfectly acceptable tech-transfer from the US.

(any way of working in a 'blame the French' angle on this one? Hmmm?

Still, the logistics of an armies' mobility eh, pretty unimportant stuff, no?
)

.....and I would still be interested as to how else one could meet the design requirements and not come up with something like a Humvee.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why is everyone so angry and whining and crying over China copying stuff?

Is it that important everyone be original? Seriously, grow up. What works for them works for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
CMON!!!!!!
THEY'VE COPIED US SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The Chinese have knack for stealing US secrets... missile technology, guidance system technology, warhead technology, communications technology, industrial technology, microprocessor technology etc...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Why is everyone so angry and whining and crying over China copying stuff?

Is it that important everyone be original? Seriously, grow up. What works for them works for them.

one day you will be copyed and up for sale in low price and you wonder what happend to you.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirza2003
one day you will be copyed and up for sale in low price and you wonder what happend to you.

If you're not gonna answer the question, don't respond.

To everyone else, why are you all so upset thatwe've been copied? I personally don't care. What works for them works for them. There's nothing morally wrong or anything about choosing not to be creative.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's a legally manufactured HMMWV... what's the problem?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'd copy the Humvee too. Grow up guys, how many inventions have we copied from them??? Everyone copies eachother, it's just a fact of life.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So what?
We copied american air tech, america copied german jet tech the list is endless!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
LOL, if you want to suggest that China copies, there are much better examples then the Humvee.

The Humvee is legally licensed by China, approved by the American government, thats right people.

Take that EU!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah, they are essentially making licensed copies of the HMMWV, atleast I know where to go to get a cheap Hummer if I want one

What do the Europeans have to do with this?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Because the Hummer is regarded as a dual-use technology, and given the current sensitivity regarding the EU arms embargo.

Just pointing out that the US has also being supplying China with arms.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Who cares about a low tech piece of equipment such as the Hummer, iy's hardly going to be decisive.

What about the Russian AS-17 Krypton ASM which the US perfected for the Russians. Turns out the Rusians are offering this missile as part of the deal with China over SU-27's.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Your point is?

That has nothing to do with;

a) copying.

b) stealing tech.

c) actually, it really has nothing to do with China.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Because the Hummer is regarded as a dual-use technology, and given the current sensitivity regarding the EU arms embargo.

Just pointing out that the US has also being supplying China with arms.

Sorry pal the Humvee isn't classed as a weapon. As for dual use any car can be modified to carry a gun. Your point is what ? The Europeans have nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join